Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > British Isles/Western Europe

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

British Isles/Western Europe Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiUK View Post
Glad it's all sorted, but just on a previous point - I'm pretty certain the UK ISN'T part of the Schengen agreement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquilegia View Post
The UK is not part of the Schengen area.
Quite right, I apologize for a very poor choice of words; I was trying to say that Norway (is part of Schengen) and UK (not part of Schengen) both have the same 3 month passport excess validity requirement. They do not both participate in Schengen reciprocity on passport inspection and border crossings.

Been There Done That: Crown Princess April 2013, Crown Princess Oct/Nov 2012, Grand Princess Dec 2011, Sapphire Princess March 2011, Emerald Princess July 2010, Maui by Kayak March 2008, Grand Princess March 2007 (Man Overboard Cruise) Carnival Spirit March 2006, Golden Princess June 2004, Star Princess July 2002, Ryndam June 1998, Nordic Prince 1986, Norway 1984

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:42 AM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheianevans View Post
At this point, I've just decided to not tempt fate (1 HAL rep says one thing, the one at the dock says another) and just get the darn thing renewed. Peace of mind is always cheaper.

Looking at the fee chart, I see if I drop it off at the downtown office T.O. office and pay an extra $10, I can pick it up in ten biz days. Much better than hoping the mail isn't slow.
probably a good plan

I just read that soon you will be able to get a 10yr passport ...
It is a pain having to stump up every 4.5 yrs for a new one..at least this time we could just do the renewal not hunting up a guarantor

good luck

Old April 18th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I've run into this with Princess twice-had to renew passport when it would expire just a few days short of the 6 month expiry. my personalizer would not accept the passport/immigration form I filled out.

just had my passport renewed here in ontario-took it to office/sent back to my home in 7 days. mailman delivered-must sign for it.
glad you are playing it safe.

Old April 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default May 20 Ryndam?

Dheianevans, are you sailing with us on Ryndam? Come join the roll call (believe you posted a question there once before you booked). We have a meet and greet planned.
2009: Aug - HAL Amsterdam to Alaska ***** / Nov - HAL Ryndam to Western Caribbean (central America) ****
2010: Feb - Celebrity Century to Key West & Grand Cayman ****1/2 / May - Celebrity Summit to Bermuda ***1/2 / Oct/Nov - Celebrity Infinity through the Panama Canal *****
2011: Jan - Crown Princess to Western Caribbean ** / Mar - HAL Westerdam to Southern Caribbean ***** / Oct/Nov - Celebrity Solstice to Western Mediterranean ***1/2
2012: Jan - HAL Eurodam to Eastern Caribbean ****1/2 / May - HAL Ryndam to the Fjords & North Cape ****1/2 / Sept/Oct - Celebrity Summit to Canada & Maine **
2013: Jan - HAL Zuiderdam Panama Canal Sunfarer **** / April - Viking Skadi "Tulips & Windmills" *** / Oct/Nov - Celebrity Constellation to Turkey & Greece ****
2014: Feb - HAL Westerdam Eastern Caribbean ****1/2 / May/June - HAL Prinsendam Kiel Canal and Baltics ****
173 cruising days and counting!