Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old April 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by SissasMomE, njcruiser81, Randyk47, Miata6 & karen s!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Over The Shoulder Travel Bag -- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Epic EPIC Spring Break 4/7/12 - 4/14/12 by SissasMomE
Pre-cruise and Day 1 (Friday and Saturday) We flew out of Newark at 6am Friday morning (4/6/12), and landed in Miami at 9. Very smooth, easy flight. We grabbed our bags and went outside to the taxi line. Miami Airport knows how to do it.... You line up, and the transportation people get the cab for you. Very efficient and completely stress free. I wish Newark would do that! We took a cab from the airport to our hotel - the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Note - the hotel offers a shuttle at $16 per person. Our cab was $21 total for the 3 of us. We were at the front desk of the hotel by 10am. The outside of the hotel the lobby is very nice. It looks like it was recently renovated as everything looked new. It was also very clean. The restaurant is located just off the lobby, with a medium size bar area. It looked very nice. The staff was also very pleasant. Continue reading... EPIC Spring Break 4/7/12 - 4/14/12

Carnival Dream Fun Times on a Fun Ship! by njcruiser81
My boyfriend and I just returned from a 7-day cruise on the Carnival Dream sailing to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We have both cruised before, but this was the newest ship that either of us has been on. CABIN Being physically disabled and traveling with a manual wheelchair, we stayed in an inside modified stateroom on Deck 8. The room was small, but that was to be expected. Regardless, it suited our needs. The cabin had two closets, one with 4 drawers and our lifejackets, and the other with a shelf and a bar to hang clothes and a full length mirror. There was also a small storage area in each of our night stands. We read on other Dream reviews that the cabins had more storage than her predecessors, but compared to other cabins we have had, this was not the case. Obviously we understand that space is limited, but another drawer or two would have been appreciated. There was also a desk area with a built in hairdryer, mini fridge and safe. The small flat screen was an upgrade from other cabin TVs in the past. We had the regular non-cable channels, and a few cable channels, but my boyfriend was disappointed that there was no ESPN. There was also a mirror next to the closet with a decorative light attached to it, but we never figured out how to turn it on. Continue reading... Fun Times on a Fun Ship!

Silver Wind Silver Wind Mediterranean Cruise, 13-27 March 2012 by Randyk47
Embarkation/Disembarkation: Embarkation at Barcelona, Spain on 13 March was extremely smooth and easy. We've never cruised with Silversea before so we really didn't know what to expect nor have we cruised out of any port other than a US port (Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral, and Galveston). Should say we've also not been on a ship as small as the Wind with only a 296 passenger capacity. It was only 249 actual passengers for our cruise, so it's not like you're fighting a huge crowd at the cruise terminal. Because the ship was staying overnight in Barcelona we felt no pressure to board early so after some morning touring in Barcelona we arrived at the cruise terminal around 2:30 PM. We were greeted curbside by staff from the ship who quickly checked our names against a roster. Our luggage was whisked away by waiting porters and we went into the terminal to go through security and check-in. Silversea uses, at least for this cruise, ship's staff to man the terminal check-in which entailed surrendering our passports, verifying the credit card we'd be using for ship board purchases, and getting our room key cards. Continue reading... Silver Wind Mediterranean Cruise, 13-27 March 2012

Oosterdam Oosterdam, Hawaii Circle from San Diego by Miata6
OUR TRIP ON THE OOSTERDAM TO HAWAII Before deciding on the Oosterdam, San Diego to Hawaii cruise, we looked at various tours of the islands but they all required that we fly to Honolulu and back. I hate flying today. And really, what's wrong with ten days back and forth on the Pacific? We had done two East to West TransAtlantics in years past and enjoyed them immensely. We had also done one cruise with HAL, the Veendam from NYC to Bermuda. We flew directly into San Diego and met pouring rain getting to and from the bus to the passenger terminal. This was something of a portent for our trip. Finally through Security, we boarded and went to find our cabin, Deck 7, Portside, Forward. We were greeted in the appropriate hallway by Mus and Wayan who introduced themselves as our stewards and welcomed us to our spotlessly-prepared verandah cabin. (We are aware that not all Ccers were so fortunate as to be taken care of in this manner, but we were delighted). Once we found more drawers available under the end of the bed, we were able to store everything. Continue reading... Oosterdam, Hawaii Circle from San Diego

Navigator of the Seas Fantastic Family Cruise by karen s
About my group: Myself (48), my youngest DD (18), my Mom, my twin sister and her husband and their DS (12), and DD's (10, 7). It's my ninth cruise (fifth on a Voyager class ship), my Mom's fourth, and my sister and her family's 2nd on RCI. My daughter and I are Diamond and my Mom and sister's family are Gold Crown and Anchor members. Pre-departure: My DD and I flew in from DC on a non-stop flight to FLL the day before departure, 30 March. The only issue was that the plane had changed from the one we originally booked so we ended up not sitting next to each other. I noticed that our boarding passes didn't have a seat assignment after we went through security. So I went to the gate and inquired as to why. It was then the gate attendant rifled through a stack of boarding passes and dug ours out. It was then I saw that we were not in our originally booked seats. When I asked why, he stated it was because of an "equipment change." Oh well, I wasn't going to let that ruin my vacation. When we boarded I was hoping that whoever had the aisle or window seat next to my middle seat would swap with my daughter, but those seats were also taken by a family that had been split up as well. But much to my surprise, up walked the Mom of the boy in the window seat and wife of the gentleman in the aisle seat and asked if I would take her aisle seat 10 rows up. Continue reading... Fantastic Family Cruise

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; April 19th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Ad Sponsored By