LHR Transit

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:15 AM.
#1
Texas
1,842 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
We are flying from SAT to IAD next Saturday on United and then again United from IAD to LHR. We have a long layover in LHR and will be waiting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse before our flight to CPT. Will we have to clear security in LHR since we will be in transit? I just thought it would be nice to keep a water bottle with us. I am not sure of the procedure to follow.

Fran
#2
Seattle WA
4,412 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by Francine
We are flying from SAT to IAD next Saturday on United and then again United from IAD to LHR. We have a long layover in LHR and will be waiting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse before our flight to CPT. Will we have to clear security in LHR since we will be in transit? I just thought it would be nice to keep a water bottle with us. I am not sure of the procedure to follow.

Fran
You will have to change terminals at LHR and re-clear security (bag x-ray etc.) so the water bottles will need to be empty or tossed.
#3
Texas
1,842 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Gardyloo
You will have to change terminals at LHR and re-clear security (bag x-ray etc.) so the water bottles will need to be empty or tossed.
Gardyloo,

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Fran
#4
Texas
1,842 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Gardyloo,

You said it perfectly. Thanks again. We are currently in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse awaiting our flight to Capetown. The walk to get through Terminal 1 to the bus was a very long one. We took the bus to Terminal 3 and then had a very long line to get through security. We also had to check in at the Virgin desk, but that was quick. We still had time to sit and relax and walk through the shops.

Fran
#5
Seattle WA
4,412 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by Francine
Gardyloo,

You said it perfectly. Thanks again. We are currently in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse awaiting our flight to Capetown. The walk to get through Terminal 1 to the bus was a very long one. We took the bus to Terminal 3 and then had a very long line to get through security. We also had to check in at the Virgin desk, but that was quick. We still had time to sit and relax and walk through the shops.

Fran
Glad it worked out for you. Give my regards to my third favorite city (behind home and Edinburgh.) Grab a meal at the Noon Gun Cafe at the top of the Bo-Kaap hill, for wonderful Cape Malay food and a view of the city that will knock your eyeballs out.