Halloween

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Theme Cruises
Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:38 AM.
the Netherlands
19 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Princess422
Do any cruise lines besides Carnival do Halloween stuff on the ship?
Yes Royal Caribbean do Halloween big. We were on the Oasis last year and it was one BIG party and most of the passengers were dressed up too.
the Netherlands
19 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by ptsnpy
We will be on Liberty Of the Seas doing a T/A from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale. We leave on October 27,2012. Was wondering who has done this T/A during Halloween & what activities were planned? Since this is a T/A, children will be at a minimum so what will be planned for all the fun adults on the cruise?
I was wondering the same as we are going on the T/A Liberty this year, so I will let you know. I do hope so as it,s a great party
Florida
2,197 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by VirginiaJane
Hi Wayfairers we were on a caribbean cruise last year with halloween and they told us the same thing so i didn,t bring anything but nearly everybody was dressed up, that was on a RCCL cruise so don,t know if that will be different to a HAL one.
hmmm.... if everyone is dressed up we could always ask for a couple of top sheets and make togas!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wayfairers

12/06 RC Navigator of the Seas - 7d Eastern Caribbean
01/08 HAL Ryndam - 30d Hawaii/South Pacific
03/08 Carnival Spirit - 7d Mexican Riviera
06/08 Princess Sapphire - 10d Alaska
01/09 Celebrity Galaxy - 10d Southern Caribbbean
10/11 HAL Maasdam - 45d Atlantic Adventurer (RT FLL to Europe)
05/14 Carnival Legend - 7d Western Caribbean
06/14 Carnival Conquest - 7d Eastern Caribbean
07/15 HAL Veendam - 1st 18d of Voyage of the Vikings (Boston-Amsterdam)
10/15 Norwegian Spirit - 28d Transatlantic (Venice-Orlando)
01/16 HAL Rotterdam - 89d Passage to the Far East
Detroit suburbs
1,597 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by ptsnpy
We will be on Liberty Of the Seas doing a T/A from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale. We leave on October 27,2012. Was wondering who has done this T/A during Halloween & what activities were planned? Since this is a T/A, children will be at a minimum so what will be planned for all the fun adults on the cruise?
We were on a Mex Riviera cruise over Halloween several years ago. I was surprised how many people brought costumes. There were a lot of young adults, as it was a 7-day cruise. The Sapphire Princess' atrium was nicely decorated and there were decorations on all the bars. This year we'll be on the Ruby P TA over Halloween, which happens to be the first day of our six crossing the Atlantic. There will be a huge crowd of CCers onboard and we're having a private Halloween Party, costumes optional, but masks strongly encouraged. After all, we depart from Venice, known for its masks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Barb
40+ ocean cruises completed on Princess, Celebrity, HAL
Recent cruises:
Sep. 2016 - Caribbean Princess 17-nt WB TA, Southampton-NYC

Jan. 2017 - Caribbean Princess 14-nt FLL to Caribbean (western and southern)
Future cruises:
Apr. 2017 - HAL Zuiderdam 16-nt EB TA, FLL-Copenhagen
Oct.. 2017 - Royal Princess 15-nt WB TA, Barcelona-FLL
New York City
437 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
I think between all of us, we should research the best cruise for Halloween next year and book it. Then we could do a giant M&G. And have costume parties. I've been dying to go on a halloween cruise. It's my fav time of the year.
10,529 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I still have not made it on a Halloween Cruise! Going to check to see what RCI has for 2012!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017 March Anthem
2017 Celebrity Summit
2017 Equinox Southern Caribbean
2018 Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean

2019 Celebrity Edge
*Above subject to change and additions!

The Sails that Started it all.......
It started way back, when I was a kid.
My Grandparents often sailed on The Oceanic and to say the Bon Voyage Parties were memorable is an understatement!*
California
1,005 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I'm on the NCL Jade boarding on Halloween this year. ohhhh I hope they are doing something!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
a bunch of others.....
Sapphire Princess January 2014
Caribbean Princess March 2013
NCL Epic March 2013
NCL Jade October 2012
Crown Princess August 2012
Review for Sea Princess- Alaska 5/13-23 2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640072
NCL Pride of America Hawaii September 2007
WA
10 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Oh wow. I didn't even know there was even such a thing as Halloween themed cruses! I love Halloween and I love cruises! How do you even go about signing up for something like that?
liverpool
238 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Does anyone know if Princess celebrate Halloween, we will be on board the Grand Princess around the Canaries, and will be celebrating DH birthday that day to, so excited.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess-Emerald Princess Nov/Dec 2010 Carribean
Suffolk Va.
157 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Will be on the Atlantis charter Halloween cruise to Mexico from L.A on the Carnival Splendor There will be various themed dance parties both in the afternoon and late evening.The costumes will be over the top.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10,529 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by cruiseonthebrain
We are booked on a Halloween cruise this year. I was wondering about the best, most unique, most common, worst, etc. costumes you all have seen on a cruise.

Wow! What an awesome question! I hope folks stop in and post, as Im curious myself!! Really, I am wondering if more kids than adults dress up..or both?Would LOVE to see pictures!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017 March Anthem
2017 Celebrity Summit

2019 Celebrity Edge

My Grandparents often sailed on The Oceanic and to say the Bon Voyage Parties were memorable is an understatement!*
2,311 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Well I figure that there will probably be quite a few pirates, so we won't go that route. I have been trying to think of something clever and cruise or water related that won't be hard to pack or difficult to maneuver in. I am just drawing blanks. I would love to see pictures too!
10,529 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by cruiseonthebrain
Well I figure that there will probably be quite a few pirates, so we won't go that route. I have been trying to think of something clever and cruise or water related that won't be hard to pack or difficult to maneuver in. I am just drawing blanks. I would love to see pictures too!
You have me thinking! But I dont know if you're male or female! A Captains costume should be easy to put together and travel with. A sea creature; Tattered clothes and a mask/face paint? Gilligan?
Finland, Europe
2,768 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
We are on the Allure during Halloween this year. Many on our Roll Call have done Halloween cruises before and they've all said it's a HUGE party with costume competitions, parade and a Haunted House...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Explorer of the Seas 2008 W.Caribbean
Oasis of the Seas 2011 W.Caribbean
Navigator of the Seas 2012 E.Mediterranean -Trip Report
Allure of the Seas 2012 E.Caribbean Trip Report
Jewel of the Seas 2013 S.Caribbean Trip Report
Rhapsody of the Seas 2013 Alaska Trip Report

Independence of the Seas 2014 Med Spain Trip Report
Statendam 2014 Hawaii and French Polynesia
Volendam 2015 South East Asia
Legend of the Seas 2015 Panama Canal
Allure of the Seas 2015 W.Mediterranean
Allure of the Seas 2015 Transatlantic
Harmony of the Seas 2016 Maiden Voyage

Instagram: sihteenmki
10,529 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by Sinppu
We are on the Allure during Halloween this year. Many on our Roll Call have done Halloween cruises before and they've all said it's a HUGE party with costume competitions, parade and a Haunted House...
Haunted House sounds exciting. I have never heard this before. Im definitely going to keep an ear opened come fall!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017 March Anthem
2017 Celebrity Summit

2019 Celebrity Edge

currently- miami
175 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Sinppu
This sounds like so much fun!!!
10,529 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Anyone with pictures from on board a Halloween cruise ? Any cruise line!

I would guess that anyone who enjoys getting dressed up for Halloween would bring a costume and get dressed up on board if Halloween is during their cruise. Where are the pictures folks!?
Tampa, Florida
616 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
We did a Halloween cruise last year and dressed up, as did a large number of other guests. It was on the Carnival Inspiration. There was a costume contest and lots of partying going on. They had those big Halloween inflatables and other decorations in a lot of the common areas. We saw many doors decorated with cobwebs and paper tombstones and other Halloween decor. We had a great time and were impressed with how many very creative costumes we saw people in. So even if dressing up isn't your thing, it's still interesting to see what other people dress up as. We are going again this year on the Carnival Paradise and will wear our same cowboy/cowgirl costumes we wore last year since they are easy and comfy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Barb

Cruises:
  1. 2002-July Carnival *Fantasy* 4-Day Bahamas ~Honeymoon woohoo!
  2. 2011-October Carnival *Inspiration* 5-Day Western Caribbean ~Halloween
  3. 2012-October Carnival *Paradise* 5-Day Western Caribbean ~Halloween
  4. 2013-May Carnival *Miracle* 7-Day Alaskan ~Dream come true
  5. 2013-October Carnival *Legend* 8-Day Exotic W. Caribbean ~Halloween
  6. 2014-September Carnival *Freedom* 8-Day Eastern Caribbean ~First time sailing w/parents