What's after Elite?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:41 AM.
2,179 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
The change in debarking time is handled by the Passenger Services Desk, not the Captain's Circle representative.

The Passenger Services Desk (Elite line) will change your time and issue new appropriate color luggage tags. All you have to do is ask.

We have changed our time on several cruises and have had absolutely no problems.

P&J
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fair winds, clear skies, and following seas to all!

Princess Cruises - Princess Elite:
Regal - Jan. 2017 - Caribbean
Regal - Sept. 2016 - Transatlantic/Copenhagen/New York
Caribbean - Apr. 2016 - Transatlantic/Southampton
Caribbean - Jan. 2016 - Western Caribbean
Royal - Sept. 2015 - Caribbean B2B
Island - Mar. 2015 - Transatlantic - Ft. Lauderdale/Venice
Crown - Jan. 2015 - Mexican Riviera
Emerald - Oct. 2014 - Transatlantic - Southampton/Ft. Lauderdale
Emerald - Apr. 2014 - Transatlantic - Ft. Lauderdale/Southampton
Grand - Oct. 2013 - Hawaii
Sapphire - Mar. 2013 - Hawaii
Caribbean - Aug. 2012 - TransAtlantic - Southampton/New York
Diamond - Mar. 2012 - Asia - Singapore/Beijing
Star - Nov. 2011 - Greek Isles -Rome/Venice
Caribbean - May 2011 - New England/Canada
Crown - Feb. 2011 - Western Caribbean
Caribbean - Nov. 2010 - Classic Caribbean/Caribbean Explorer
Caribbean - Sept. 2010 - New England/Canada
Golden - May 2010 - Alaska - Inside Passage
Crown - Feb. 2010 - Western Caribbean
Caribbean - Nov. 2009 - Southern Caribbean Explorer
Golden - Sept. 2009 - West Coast Sampler
Ruby - Dec. 2008 - West Caribbean
Grand - Aug. 2008 - Europe - UK/Rome
Crown - May 2008 - Europe - Baltic Sea
Dawn - Mar. 2007 - Mexican Riviera
Island - Dec. 2007 - Panama Canal
Royal - May 2007 - Europe - Mediterranean
Golden - Dec. 2006 - Europe Round British Isles
Golden - Aug. 2006 - Southern Caribbean
Golden - Apr. 2005 - Eastern Caribbean
Star - April 2004 - Europe - Mediterranean
Island - Sept. 2003 - Alaska

Other Cruises:
Oosterdam - Nov. 2016 -Rome/Tampa
Queen Mary 2 - May 2016 Southampton/New York
River Concerto - Dec. 2011 - Rhine Christmas Markets
River Harmony - Feb. 2007 - Great Rivers of Europe
Grandeur of the Seas - Dec. 2007 - Western Caribbean
River Adagio - Nov. 2005 - Danube - Vienna to Black Sea
River Concerto - Nov. 2004 - Danube Christmas Markets
colorado
802 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
[quote=Eagle Eye;33466505]What's going to be next after Elite?

Heaven.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
philv
Caribbean Princess March 2008
Crown Princess March 2009
Caribbean Princess March 2010
Caribbean Princess March 2011
Ruby Princess March 2012
Crown Princess February 2013
Emerald Princess March 2014
Caribbean Princess March 2015

sacramento ca
2,109 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Astro Flyer
Where were you sailing?

I've heard stories about those who are platinum being invited but think that's an "urban legend"...LOL!
A few years ago on a Tahiti Cruise on the Tahitian Princess when we were still Platinum, we were invited to the most traveled passengers luncheon. It was a real surprise and we had a great time at the lunceon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
westcoastcruiser
Northern California
908 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by caribill
o If you want the walkoff with your luggage option, fill out the form that comes to your cabin and bring it to the Purser's desk as soon as possible after you get it.
I don't understand what the form is for? We never filled out anything on our trip last summer, but did the early walk off with luggage anyway. No one batted an eye at us. Can someone explain the form?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Serenade - Baja California - 4.30.99 | Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - 8.3.03
Monarch of the Seas - Baja California - 5.28.07 | Monarch of the Seas - Baja California - 12.21.07
Monarch of the Seas - Baja California - 3.31.08 | Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Riviera - 6.27.10 ReviewPhotos
Carnival Paradise - Baja California - 2.21.11 Photos | Sea Princess - Alaska - 7.19.11 Photos
Star Princess - Alaska - 6.3.12 ReviewPhotos | Carnival Inspiration - Baja California - 6.10.13
Star Princess - Alaska - 7.6.14 | Grand Princess - Mexican Riviera - 12.30.16
League City, TX
38,086 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by gdisney
I don't understand what the form is for? We never filled out anything on our trip last summer, but did the early walk off with luggage anyway. No one batted an eye at us. Can someone explain the form?

There is a form sent to the cabin, usually midway in the cruise, asking what your disembarkation preference is. I have seen this done two ways.

1) A form just about the walkoff option. If you want it, you fill it out and bring it to the purser's desk. For everybody else:
a) If you were on Princess booked air or had booked Princess transfer to the airport, they knew what time you had to leave and assigned your departure time accordingly.
b) If you were on a Princess tour that day, you were assigned a time to meet with your tour group.
c) If you were with an organized travel group, you were assigned a time for that group.
d) All other passengers were assigned a time based on the deck they were on. If you wanted a different time, you could request it at the Purser's desk.

2) The form asks if you want walkoff or if you would like a specific time. You turn the form in at the Pursor's desk. Those in categories a,b or c above would not get the form.

You should have received colored disembarkation luggage tags in your cabin along with a list of what color tag was to meet where and when. Did you not receive these? If not, how did you klnow where to meet for your disembarkation and at what time?

As far as Princess not batting an eye when you walked off, since they do not verify which group you were supposed to disembark with, they could not tell you had not signed up for self-disembarkation.
10,669 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Originally posted by gdisney
Caribill explained it perfectly, but here's a photo from our last cruise:

http://pescadoamarillo2012.blogspot....6_archive.html
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1203 days ~ 121 cruises ~ 29 ships ~ 19 years ~ 6 continents ~ 5 cruise lines
1 happy cruiser!!

My travel diary from Winters spent at sea:
513 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
We are Elite level now, but a few years ago when we were Platinum we were invited to the Captain's Cocktail Party. Must not have been many Elites that wanted to go. Since we have been Elite, we have not been invited to a Cocktail Party or Lunch. Go figure.
513 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Astro Flyer
Where were you sailing?

I've heard stories about those who are platinum being invited but think that's an "urban legend"...LOL!
See my earlier response. Ours was an Alaska Inside Passage, and we got invited as Platinum. Really!
12,052 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Yeah, you never know when it's going to happen. We only had 20 Elites on my OP sailing. I was shocked. Even Platinums were invited. I wasn't interested in going to the luncheon, but I did enjoy the bridge tour.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #40 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: Star Princess, Celebrity Summit, Regal Princess & the Pacific Princess
2018: Ruby Princess, Azamara Quest and something else
League City, TX
38,086 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario
Yeah, you never know when it's going to happen. We only had 20 Elites on my OP sailing. I was shocked. Even Platinums were invited. I wasn't interested in going to the luncheon, but I did enjoy the bridge tour.
And there were 503 elites on our recent Star Princess cruise.
Central Ohio
3,055 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Alaskan cruises draw a lot of first-time cruisers. On our last Alaskan Cruise we were the third-highest number of days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
________
Linda

74 cruises (682 days) and counting:
Carnival: 8 (57 days)
Celebrity: 2 (14 days)
NCL: 18 (124 days)
Princess: 39 (435 days)
RCCL: 6 (42 days)
Viking: 1 (10 days)

Most Recent;
Nov. '16 - Caribbean Princess, Western Caribbean
July '16 - Explorer of the Seas, Alaska rt Seattle
Aug. '15: Ruby Princess, Alaska rt Seattle
Northern California
908 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by caribill
You should have received colored disembarkation luggage tags in your cabin along with a list of what color tag was to meet where and when. Did you not receive these? If not, how did you klnow where to meet for your disembarkation and at what time?

As far as Princess not batting an eye when you walked off, since they do not verify which group you were supposed to disembark with, they could not tell you had not signed up for self-disembarkation.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I really wanted to know WHY they have the form at all. I did receive colored tags, I simply chose to self disembark. The only point I could see to having filled out a form in advance, is maybe then they don't bother assigning colored tags, so it's a little less work and doesn't waste tags I won't use. But I don't know if they would NOT assign colored tags if I HAD filled out the form. Is that what they do? Or is there another reason for having the form?? Sorry I know this is a little OT...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Serenade - Baja California - 4.30.99 | Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - 8.3.03
Monarch of the Seas - Baja California - 5.28.07 | Monarch of the Seas - Baja California - 12.21.07
Monarch of the Seas - Baja California - 3.31.08 | Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Riviera - 6.27.10 ReviewPhotos
Carnival Paradise - Baja California - 2.21.11 Photos | Sea Princess - Alaska - 7.19.11 Photos
Star Princess - Alaska - 6.3.12 ReviewPhotos | Carnival Inspiration - Baja California - 6.10.13
Star Princess - Alaska - 7.6.14 | Grand Princess - Mexican Riviera - 12.30.16