SD1 Spring Crossing

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

SeaDream Yacht Club

Read SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:58 PM.
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Greetings all,

Sorry I have been MIA (which unfortunately does NOT mean in Miami) but real life seems to keep getting in the way!

I scanned quickly and didn't see the link to SD1's crossing which left SJU on Sunday for Malaga, Spain.

http://www.seadream.com/seadream-1-e...-crossing-2012
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Germany
1,048 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
I always love those photo blogs they do... They make me want to do a transatlantic so badly, though!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Our first cruise- Vision of the Seas- June 4, 2009 Baltics
Valley of the Sun, Arizona
6,952 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Always love the pictures. Did I read Dutchies right--26 passengers?? I just got a sale email from SD with some of the European 7 days going for $2,999GTY. Quite a price. I bet the escalating air fares are impacting bookings somewhat. Glad we went to the UK last year. Hate paying more for one day in a tin tube than for a week on SD.
1,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hi Jim
Would you mind sending me that e mail? We just made final payment on our BtB today and no leg was priced closed to $2,999GTY and we did not get that e-mail!

Airfare is horrible and FF mile seats are outrageous. I guess the Olympics are contributing

FT
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
6,952 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by frequent traveler
Hi Jim
Would you mind sending me that e mail? We just made final payment on our BtB today and no leg was priced closed to $2,999GTY and we did not get that e-mail!

Airfare is horrible and FF mile seats are outrageous. I guess the Olympics are contributing

FT
Done.
665 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Didn't get that email, but noticed on the website a couple of days ago that the 2nd week of our b2b in October had dropped to $2999. Got the reduction!!

Now if I could just get USAir to cough up the FF seats. . . . .

Vandrefalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
6,952 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by vandrefalk
Didn't get that email, but noticed on the website a couple of days ago that the 2nd week of our b2b in October had dropped to $2999. Got the reduction!!

Now if I could just get USAir to cough up the FF seats. . . . .

Vandrefalk
Hi Karen.
Good luck with the seats. Air fare is terrible this year. Can not all be going to the Olympics. It has kept us on the sidelines for sure.
6,952 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by frequent traveler
Hi Jim

FT
FT: Did you get it??
J.
1,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Jim
We did . . . And our leg is not down to $2999 yet

Did learn however that SD processes All MC and Visa charges through Norway, even if sent by US residents through Miami, so if your credit card bank charges a "foreign exchange fee" you will be liable. why SD does this is a mystery. .. And I was CEO and President of a credit card bank . . .this is not a fee SD keeps and AMex charges a higher interchange rate to SD so it makes no economic sense . . .
Oh well AMEX platinum is looking better and better

FT
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
343 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
As SeaDream is a Norwegian company, why wouldn't they charge through Norway? Seems perfectly logical to a non-American at least. The Miami office is just that, an office, is it not?
It seems that the credit card companies always have a way of coming out on top.....
1,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
SD processes the AMEX charges through the US -- so if pay with AMEX in the US, I have no currency exchange fee but if I pay with VISA or MC, I do. That's not clear.
If I hadn't asked - I would have been paying the fee. I"m not blaming SD for the fees - just suggesting that they make their disclosure a bit clearer.

FT
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
6,952 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
as usual, enjoying the pictures of the crossing on the SD blog. Especially the picture of Lord Ryan at the TOY bar wearing A Seabourn shirt.