Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Red Hot Rubies

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:01 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIVITA LADY View Post
I am the one that "got" Sylvie. I e-mailed her even as we were waiting for our cabin confirmation on the Royal and returned her booking form immediately for our group of 8 - so this tour is filled.

Sorry guys, but there is only one of her. We had a very bad experience last year with Dream Tours (not counting the rain). The driver we had really didn't want to be there. If I could not get Sylvie I would have gone with Revelation Tours.

Jackie
Excellent, I'm glad someone in our group get her.
Nov 15...Celebrity Reflection E Caribbean
May 16...Celebrity Constellation Rome to Venice
March 17...Celebrity Solstice Great Barrier Reef

European Christmas Markets - Land Trip/Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997

Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I'm good too Jackie. Have fun!

Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks all for your understanding about Sylvie. If there is anything I learned from our Ruby TA it was "the good guides get booked fast". Last year we couldn't get our choice of hotels (Locando Orseolo) or tour guides as I had joined the cruise a few months later than the rest of the group. My lessons paid off for this year's cruise

Should I somehow get a cancellation I will post but I doubt very much that will happen with the group of friends I am traveling with.

Jackie

Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Live and learn. I did the same thing with Fabrizio as I missed him last fall when my "dear friends" Pam and Ray got to him before I did. (hi Pam and Ray) I consider myself fortunate to have him for both Naples and Rome this time. I hope you have a great day!

Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
I am the one that "got" Sylvie. I e-mailed her even as we were waiting for our cabin confirmation on the Royal and returned her booking form immediately for our group of 8 - so this tour is filled.

Sorry guys, but there is only one of her. We had a very bad experience last year with Dream Tours (not counting the rain). The driver we had really didn't want to be there. If I could not get Sylvie I would have gone with Revelation Tours.

Jackie
Congratulations...at the end of this year we have Sylvie during our Crown Princess cruise & looking forward to a great tour and hoping that the December weather will cooperate...something that shouldn't be a problem for you!

Last edited by Astro Flyer; March 23rd, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Old March 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkspy View Post
Hi...maybe you can help me out.....ive been to London, Paris, Scottland....but never to Italy.....this will be my first TA.......

My question is this....Is this the way it is all the time that tours are full 19 months in advance? I get it that most of us are Elite members and we take LOTS of cruises--thank god --and most of us book far in advance...

It seems i need to find a tour agent quickly or ill be left out in the cold as they say.

Roland
Roland we have been to Italy twice in 2008 & 2009 for 10 days each time .

Try these Bobs Limo s out of Rome .We used them --fabulous .They might do other areas .

This one is also highly recommended & has reasonable prices & operates all over Italy --joe Banana Limos here is a link :

http://www.joebananalimos.net/shore_excursions.html

good luck

Cliff

Old March 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Flyer View Post
Congratulations...at the end of this year we have Sylvie during our Crown Princess cruise & looking forward to a great tour and hoping that the December weather will cooperate...something that shouldn't be a problem for you!
Let me know how you liked her. I have only heard good things about her but from the Ports of Call board. I want to hear it from someone I "know" via our roll call

Thanks,
Jackie

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Let me know how you liked her. I have only heard good things about her but from the Ports of Call board. I want to hear it from someone I "know" via our roll call

Thanks,
Jackie
Jackie, I have used Sylvie twice when we stopped there. Despite the fact that on both occasions we had rain, Sylvie made the best of a bad day and did a great job. She is both very personable and very knowledgeable. I was one of the ones trying to get her for that day too! (LOL)

Old March 30th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunviking View Post
Jackie, I have used Sylvie twice when we stopped there. Despite the fact that on both occasions we had rain, Sylvie made the best of a bad day and did a great job. She is both very personable and very knowledgeable. I was one of the ones trying to get her for that day too! (LOL)
Ann, that's great that you had a good day with her in spite of the rain. We had the worst guide last year, not personable, could not give us any info as he only moved there from Paris and had no idea what to do with us not even a good restaurant suggestion from him.

I'm glad we have Sylvie this year and hope we have better weather too.

Jackie

Old March 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Ann, that's great that you had a good day with her in spite of the rain. We had the worst guide last year, not personable, could not give us any info as he only moved there from Paris and had no idea what to do with us not even a good restaurant suggestion from him.

I'm glad we have Sylvie this year and hope we have better weather too.

Jackie
Jackie, Lucky you, I'm green with envy. She is fabulous!

Old March 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:

Thanks,
Jackie
Sylvie was our guide in Nice back in December. She will take you wherever you want to go to see the best sights. She has set itineraries for tours but she will also customize. I like when a guide will take you places the big tours don't go. She is very knowledgeable and has a wonderful personality.

Future Cruises:
Emerald Princess Oct 2014
Golden Princess Feb 2015
Pacific Princess Dec 2015

Past Cruises:
Star Princess Jul 2014
Norwegian Sun Nov 13
Royal Princess Sep/Oct 13
Grand Princess 29 Dec 12 plus 4 others
Emerald Princess 17 Nov 12/27 Nov 12
Disney Magic 13 Oct 12
Pacific Princess 15 Nov 11
Sapphire Princess - 23 Oct 10
Crown Princess - 27 Mar 10 & 05 Sep 09
Golden Princess - 26 Nov 08 & 16 Dec 06
Voyager of the Seas - 30 Mar 08
Star Princess 03 Dec 07 plus 2 others
Coral Princess - 29 Dec 06
Radiance of the Seas - 9 Apr 06
Tahitian Princess - Oct 04/Feb 03
Old Royal Princess 4 times
Old Crown Princess 2 times
Old Golden Princess 1 time
Old Island Princess 1 time
Old Star Princess 1 time
Rhapsody of the Seas 1 time
HAL Veendam May 98
And several other ships

Old April 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryinBWB View Post
Weather was lousy last year, so I would like to try again. We will join a group or organize one if someone from the RHR's who did this last year will give me the info.
Thanks.
That would be the one I would be interested in. I went there as a little girl and absolutely loved it. I wonder if the Colombe d'Or is still there... Astro Flyer, my parents used to have an apartment in Cannes... I remember those beach days fondly...

Next:

Past:

2008 - Monarch of the Seas - 4 days
2009 - Carnival Paradise - 4 days
2010 - Sapphire Princess - 7 days - Mexico
2010 - Golden Princess - 14 Days - Hawaii
2011 - Golden Princess - 14 days - Hawaii
2011 - Golden Princess - 14 days - Hawaii
2012 - Golden Princess - 14 days - Hawaii
2012 - Sapphire Princess - 14 days - Hawaii
2012 - Carnival Splendor - 7 days - Mexico
2013 - Sapphire Princess - 7 days - California Coastal
2014 - Sapphire Princess - 4 days - Getaway
2014 - Crown Princess - 7 days - Mexican Riviera

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Revisiting this Issue

Now that we are home from various cruises, we are back to thinking about the Royal TA. Marla and I want to go to St Paul de Vence as part of a tour from Cannes. If there is interest in this trip, I will organize, or if someone else has a tour set up, please include us on your list or waiting list, as appropriate.

Anyone for St Paul de Vence?

Completed Cruises: 27
on Carnival, Celebrity, Cunard, Royal Caribbean, and Princess

Itineraries: S. Carib (2), E. Carib (6), W. Carib (6), Bahamas (2), Alaska (2)
Mediterranean-Transatlantic (4), British Isles Transatlantic (1), Northern Europe Transatlantic (1), Mediterranean (1), Greek Isles (1), Panama Canal (1)

Booked Future Cruises:
Emerald Princess-Western Med Grand Adventure TA Sep 2015
Dawn Princess-Australia/New Zealand April 2016
Celebrity Constellation-Singapore to Abu Dhabi April 2017

Old May 24th, 2012, 02:08 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Now that we are home from various cruises, we are back to thinking about the Royal TA. Marla and I want to go to St Paul de Vence as part of a tour from Cannes. If there is interest in this trip, I will organize, or if someone else has a tour set up, please include us on your list or waiting list, as appropriate.

Since we have never seen Cannes before, we are interested in getting off the ship and walking around there for a half day and then going to St. Paul de Vence for a half day. I am looking at a half day tour that Princess offers that is fairly cheap (79.00pp) and we can do our own thing there instead of following the tour guide around. Perhaps you might want to look at what Princess offers. However, if you want an entire day in St. Paul de Vence, then, of course, you will want and need a private tour.

Old May 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsawyer View Post
Since we have never seen Cannes before, we are interested in getting off the ship and walking around there for a half day and then going to St. Paul de Vence for a half day. I am looking at a half day tour that Princess offers that is fairly cheap (79.00pp) and we can do our own thing there instead of following the tour guide around. Perhaps you might want to look at what Princess offers. However, if you want an entire day in St. Paul de Vence, then, of course, you will want and need a private tour.
Actually, a half day there is fine. We just want to spend some time there, and can then do something else. Remind me next year on the Royal to tell you about the last time we tried to get there (with a Princess tour).

Mediterranean-Transatlantic (4), British Isles Transatlantic (1), Northern Europe Transatlantic (1), Mediterranean (1), Greek Isles (1), Panama Canal (1)

Booked Future Cruises:

Old May 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Actually, a half day there is fine. We just want to spend some time there, and can then do something else. Remind me next year on the Royal to tell you about the last time we tried to get there (with a Princess tour).
Sounds like you don't plan on trying to go to St. Paul de Vence on a Princess tour again?

Come on, fess up. What happened?

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

I have 6 nights there this September, does that count?
Nov 15...Celebrity Reflection E Caribbean
May 16...Celebrity Constellation Rome to Venice
March 17...Celebrity Solstice Great Barrier Reef

European Christmas Markets - Land Trip/Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997

Old May 25th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default st paul de vence

We are thinking of hiring a car for the day in Cannes to travel to St paul de Vence and maybe Gourdon or Grasse. Have been to Cannes, Nice and Monte Carlo before so would be interested in a tour that covered the hills, otherwise we will drive ourselves. Please post if you find something!

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Junky View Post
I have 6 nights there this September, does that count?
Wow, I am envious. It seems like a great place, hope to get there next year.

Booked Future Cruises:

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamkat1973 View Post
We are thinking of hiring a car for the day in Cannes to travel to St paul de Vence and maybe Gourdon or Grasse. Have been to Cannes, Nice and Monte Carlo before so would be interested in a tour that covered the hills, otherwise we will drive ourselves. Please post if you find something!
Thanks for the note. What you are thinking about is what we want to do, as well. We have been to Cannes, Monte Carlo, Nice, etc. We just want to wander through St Paul de Vence, then perhaps see whatever the remaining time allows. Perhaps we can combine on a rental car. I will also see what I can find for a tour (or even just a driver and vehicle) that we can use. I will let you know what I find.

Booked Future Cruises: