Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Captain Tony's Cabin

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
5,000+ Club

Default Thinking of YOU!!~...........

A Man's Age, as Determined by a Trip to Home Depot

You are in the middle of some kind of project around the house. Mowing the lawn, putting in a new fence, painting the living room or whatever. You are hot and sweaty, covered in dust, lawn clippings, dirt or paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit -- shorts with the hole in the crotch, old T-shirt with a stain from who-knows-what and an old pair of tennis shoes.
Right in the middle of this great home improvement project you realize you need to run to Home Depot to get something to help complete the job.

Depending on your age you might do the following:

In your 20's:
Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth, floss and put on clean clothes. Check yourself in the mirror and flex. Add a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know, you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout lane. And you went to school with the pretty girl running the register.

In your 30's:
Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change shoes. You married the hot chick so no need for much else. Wash your hands and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it. Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute girl running the register is the kid sister to someone you went to school with.

In your 40's:
Stop what you are doing. Put on a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover the hole in the crotch of your shorts. Put on different shoes and a hat. Wash your hands. Your bottle of Brute Cologne is almost empty so you don't want to waste any of it on a trip to Home Depot. Check yourself in the mirror and do more sucking in than flexing. The hot young thing running the register is your daughter's age and you feel weird thinking she is spicy.

In your 50's:
Stop what you are doing. Put on a hat; wipe the dirt off your hands onto your shirt. Change shoes because you don't want to get dog crap in your new sports car. Check yourself in the mirror and you swear not to wear that shirt anymore because it makes you look fat. The Cutie running the register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still have it. Then you remember the hat you have on is from Bubba's Bait & Beer Bar and it says, 'I Got Worms.'

In your 60's:
Stop what you are doing. No need for a hat anymore. Hose the dog crap off your shoes. The mirror was shattered when you were in your 50's. You hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the hole in your pants. The girl running the register may be cute, but you don't have your glasses on so you are not sure.

In your 70's:
Stop what you are doing. Wait to go to Home Depot until the drug store has your prescriptions ready, too. Don't even notice the dog crap on your shoes. The young thing at the register stares at you and you realize your balls are hanging out the hole in your crotch.

In your 80's:
Stop what you are doing. Start again. Then stop again. Now you remember you need to go to Home Depot. Go to Wal-Mart instead and wander around trying to think what it is you are looking for. Fart out loud and you think someone called out your name. You went to school with the old lady who greeted you at the front door.

In your 90's & beyond :
What's a home deep hoe? Something for my garden? Where am I? Who am I? Why am I reading this? Did I send it? Did you? Who farted?

"Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Babe Ruth

GET INVOLVED - The world is run by those that show up!!!!!!

Stupid is as stupid does....... F.Gump

Growing Old is Mandatory; Growing Up is Optional

No matter where I live - I'll always be from Brooklyn! Gotta a problem wit dat?

154 Days at sea......................

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM
5,000+ Club

lol G! That was great

Celebrating my Birthday/Halloween/Reunion cruise:

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Glen - sorry to hear that you and Angie won't be heading toward Boston. Even though I knew it was coming, it was sad to read. I was looking forward to your story of getting off one ship and flying to Boston to hop on another.

Hopefully we'll run into each other on another cruise. Bea and I will be out there somewhere floating around.

Barbara

Norwegian Epic 10/26/14 Transatlantic
RCL Jewel 5/02/15 Panama Canal
Celebrity Eclipse 11/01/15 Transatlantic

324 days at sea.......and counting

Old May 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBarb View Post
Glen - sorry to hear that you and Angie won't be heading toward Boston. Even though I knew it was coming, it was sad to read. I was looking forward to your story of getting off one ship and flying to Boston to hop on another.

Hopefully we'll run into each other on another cruise. Bea and I will be out there somewhere floating around.
Hi Barb - things happen.

I seem to be falling into a possible trend, old time RCCLers moving over to Celebrity aka X - I booked a Panama Canal East Bound for April 2014. It is a 15 day boat ride.....our max!

I have no real serious problems with RCCL but I have seen some customer service problems with cruising friends that makes me wonder and other cruise friends who have sailed on X have said it was a refreshing change - something we are ready for.

As I do my research, it is kind of fun seeing what X offers - and the ship we're going on doesn't have 5000, 4000, or 3000 pax - it tips in at 2100 - WOW - this takes me back 10 years or so! I may see the same person once or twice on this cruise! LOL

I am sure we will sail again - we need to keep in touch, which is why I started this thread - to keep in touch and not have to have a cruise associated with the thread.

Say hi to Bea for us, give her a hug when you see her.

Speaking of cruises - we are booked on the Navagator for 23 February 2013. Good prices and it sails from NOLA. We are going to drive to this one and then head to FLA to see all our Hoosire friends that spend the summer down there at the end of the cruise. Heck - you could take the train to NOLA, it's an overnight ride!

g

"Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Just got home after two weeks on the Splendor out of Long Beach. Nothing real exciting since the only ports were Cabo (two days) and Puerto Vallarta and 3 sea days (which I love). Don't like Mexico, but the price was right.

We had a great cruise. I did a lot of sitting, got lots of sun and read three books. For us working people that is a vacation!

I hear you about RCCL. I know a few people that did the Transatlantic last fall that had more than a couple complaints. And these are people that are regulars RCCLers. Apparently the service and food have suffered some.

The upcoming Jewel cruise will probably be one of the last that will be any great traveling distance to a port. Mom is really beginning to show her age so the traveling to/from ports will have to be closer to her. That would leave LA, Galveston or NOLA which are all pretty short flights for her.

Won't be able to join you in February - can't get out of the office that time of year. I'm pretty much stuck with May and late October/November until I retire.

Barbara

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Mr. G -

I did the cruise profile thingy. But can't get it to load right on here. Got the picture (obviously), but even following the directions for CC it won't work.

Guess I'm not following the directions correctly!! Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong?

Barbara

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Mr. G -

I did the cruise profile thingy. But can't get it to load right on here. Got the picture (obviously), but even following the directions for CC it won't work.

Guess I'm not following the directions correctly!! Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong?
Help me Barb............profile thingy??????

Looks to me you did alright, Commodore!!

g

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Last edited by newsier; June 9th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsier View Post
Help me Barb............profile thingy??????

Looks to me you did alright, Commodore!!

g
You can click on yours and go to the details. That's how I found the site. But can't clink on mine. No big deal. Just don't know what I did wrong.

Does being a Commodore mean you have to salute me?!

Barbara

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:12 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Mr. G -

It wasn't working right for me either Barb. Also I couldn't remember all our ports, dates and cruises (22/23???)

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaiz View Post
It wasn't working right for me either Barb. Also I couldn't remember all our ports, dates and cruises (22/23???)
I didn't bother with the ports for the same reason. And don't remember dates. Only know the years 'cause I kept a list before the web sites listed the cruise history.

Plus they didn't have a couple of the ships we've been on since the companies no longer exist or the ships are long gone.

Barbara

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
You can click on yours and go to the details. That's how I found the site. But can't clink on mine. No big deal. Just don't know what I did wrong.

Does being a Commodore mean you have to salute me?!
Commodore - I have no idea...........sorry. Perhaps you can try and reload your profile in a few days to see if it will work and let you click on the profile to go to the web site.

Salute? Sure.............nex time we cruise together - we'll have to "wet-down" your stripes!

Oh - and remember - who ever gets your first salute you have to give them a new silver dollar!

Please give warm regards to your Mom from Angie and me.

g

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I, of course, had to look that up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetting-down

You can just call me Barb

Barbara

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
I, of course, had to look that up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetting-down

You can just call me Barb
No that's alright Commodore - I feel a might powerful thirst coming on - looks like I picked the right time to switch to Johnny Walker "Blue"!

You gave me a good laugh today - thanks - headin' out for pizza - see you later.....

g

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Is your Summit 2013 cruise San Juan to San Juan?

Barbara

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Is your Summit 2013 cruise San Juan to San Juan?
Yes, it is Barb

Old June 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
5,000+ Club

Happy Flag Day everyone..............................fly your flag with pride!

Glenn

Barb - Did you "flop-over?"

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Old June 14th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:

Barb - Did you "flop-over?"
Do I look like a dead fish?????

Barbara

Old June 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Do I look like a dead fish?????
No silly - I wanted to see if you "flopped-over" from Royal to Celebrity..........

g

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser

Old June 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
No silly - I wanted to see if you "flopped-over" from Royal to Celebrity..........

g
I know that - just being "silly"!

Our first cruise to Alaska was on the Mercury for Mom's 75th birthday - 8 years ago. Really enjoyed the ship and no real reason we haven't sailed them again.

At this point I don't want to book too far in advance. Don't know how much longer she's going to be able to travel. Which doesn't mean I won't be cruisin' on my own or couldn't make changes on anything booked, but just going to hold off for a while on anything more than a year out.

But then I could change my mind and book tomorrow!!

Barbara

Old June 14th, 2012, 10:02 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
I know that - just being "silly"!

Our first cruise to Alaska was on the Mercury for Mom's 75th birthday - 8 years ago. Really enjoyed the ship and no real reason we haven't sailed them again.

At this point I don't want to book too far in advance. Don't know how much longer she's going to be able to travel. Which doesn't mean I won't be cruisin' on my own or couldn't make changes on anything booked, but just going to hold off for a while on anything more than a year out.

But then I could change my mind and book tomorrow!!
I understand - I really do!

Warm regards to,yormMom.

g

Babe Ruth

Pink Fedora Cruiser