Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old April 26th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default mal de debarkment

Has anyone out there had problems with their equilibrium on and following a cruise. I lost my equilibrium the minute I stepped on the ship and did not get it back until 6 weeks after the cruise. I want to cruise again but I am really frightened this will last longer next time. Iwould love to hear others experiences.

Carnival Ecstasy 10-31-2009
Carnival Elation 04-29-2013
Navigator of the Seas 12-07-2014

Old April 29th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

I experienced this following our first cruise. It lasted about a week to a week and a half after returning home. When we took our second cruise 2 years later, I had no problems at all! We're going on cruise #3 next month, and hopefully it won't return.

Ananda

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

My daughter experienced this quite uncomfortably after our first cruise in December 2010. She felt ill and dizzy for a couple of days. I had a much milder form that caused me to walk with a slight sway for the first few hours back on land. We had a lot of wind and waves on that cruise, so maybe that was a contributing factor. She found good information on the interwebs about this condition by googling.

On our second cruise last December neither of us experienced any after-effects. The weather that time was very calm.