Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old April 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Pam I have been admiring your ziplining photos. Do you have to be in good physical shape to do this? I am overweight and out of shape so not sure it is good for others in my group if I'm holding them up.

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dread_pirate View Post
You don't have to eat in the main dining room if you have Anytime; you decide when and where you want to eat. And you don't have to notify anyone about where you're eating. But since everyone on the ship has the option of eating in the MDR, you have to be either Traditional or Anytime; there's no other choice.

Switch to Anytime and you can eat at the buffet every meal.
Or at least without taking two seats from others that want the more limited traditional dining.

Old April 29th, 2012, 09:25 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamababyrn View Post
Pam I have been admiring your ziplining photos. Do you have to be in good physical shape to do this? I am overweight and out of shape so not sure it is good for others in my group if I'm holding them up.
As you can tell from the photos, I'm somewhat "fluffy" although I've lost 30-lb since October. I think my zipline experience was a bit different from most in that we were outfitted and then walked up a path (not a hill) about 100-ft to the start. As soon as I was hooked up to the line, I relaxed and was totally comfortable with the experience and thoroughly enjoyed it. If anything, it was way too short. We were so far away from the other end that I didn't really see or pay attention to where we were ending up: on a platform under the bridge. Imagine my surprise when I stopped and found I had to climb backwards over a railing and then climb up the side of the bridge. I held up the next person a little but I did it. Most zipline experiences, you climb up to a platform so do some research about what's required to get to the platform(s). The ziplining itself was great, though.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:
Royal Princess -- Copenhagen > NY 9/10/14
Crown Princess -- 10/18/14 BVE
Grand Princess -- LA > HI > LA 2/17/15 (NEW)
Another safari?

Last edited by Pam in CA; April 29th, 2012 at 09:26 PM.

Old April 29th, 2012, 09:38 PM
5,000+ Club

On a more general note, depending on the rig, there will be a weight limit. As long as you are under that point, overweight is not a safety issue (it may be a comfort issue with some harnesses).

As far as shape goes, only one real issue. Very few places (sadly we hit one in Costa Rica) use something called a handbrake system. This is where you use a gloved hand to slow yourself down. This can be hard for some people, especially if you brake short, in which case you may have to pull yourself in a bit.

Do NOT be concerned about this. Just ask them what kind of brake system they used and be sure you are comfortable with it before going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamababyrn View Post

Roll Call for Royal - October 2014: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844420