Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Thomson Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexlass2 View Post
To end this sad and sorry tale - cheque received back this morning (no letter, no compliment slip, no nothing) so rang and paid the final balance with a debit card.

We just hope that our experience will serve to help others, always assuming that we're not the only thickos, of course!
Glad it's paid and sorted. Don't worry you'll have a fantastic time.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexlass2 View Post
To end this sad and sorry tale - cheque received back this morning (no letter, no compliment slip, no nothing) so rang and paid the final balance with a debit card.

We just hope that our experience will serve to help others, always assuming that we're not the only thickos, of course!
The only reason I knew, was that I booked the last 2 cruises at our local Thomson shop, so I could book a cabin. When I went to pay my balance, I called in to ask who to make the cheque payable to and was told that they would only take Building Society cheques, which was lucky as that is where my money was.

So another way to pay if you have a BS account.

Now, relax and look forward to a great cruise
Thomson Celebration x2, Thomson Dream x3, Thomson Majesty, Thomson Spirit x2, Fred.Olsen Braemar x3, Celebrity Eclipse, Jewel of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Crown Princess x2, Sea Princess, Ocean Village.

Last edited by CRUISIN LINDA; April 2nd, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Lucky you, you're going on a cruise..........I'm working on it!!!

Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for your help and kind comments folks. We feel better about it already
Marco Polo - December 2011
P&O Azura - Eastern Caribbean - December 2011
Thomson Dream - Mediterranean Medley - May 2012
P&O Arcadia - Norwegian Fjords & North Cape - May/June 2013
P&O Azura - Central Mediterranean - October 2013
Royal Caribbean - Brilliance of the Seas - Scandinavia and Russia - July 2014

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Angry

Thomson customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I paid the balance of my cruise early and I am still waiting on a confirmation and an invoice. I phoned and the person assured me it would be done right away, nothing. This is the first time I have booked a cruise with them and due to their customer service it may be my last.

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gran48 View Post
Thomson customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I paid the balance of my cruise early and I am still waiting on a confirmation and an invoice. I phoned and the person assured me it would be done right away, nothing. This is the first time I have booked a cruise with them and due to their customer service it may be my last.
I do empathise - there are so many examples of lack of communication, confusing messages and sheer incompetence on the admin side - but do look forward to your cruise gran48 and don't let this spoil the run up or anticipation of your holiday. Once you get to the airport, it has been our experience that it is a very well-oiled machine and the organisation and experience on board is great. The atmosphere, crew and entertainment are excellent and more than make up for the irritations prior to departure (as long as that's all it is - and not major problems!!) Enjoy your cruise!

Last edited by kruzseeka; April 14th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Old April 29th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

This is my first time with them but its the last, still waiting on a confirmation that my holiday is paid. I have phoned, emailed and even sent an email to supposedly the man in charge. It was paid in March.So fed up with myself as it wasn't due to be paid till June. They don't give a toss about their customers especially once you have parted with your cash.