Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Bahamas

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default How long to get off the boat in Nassau

How long does it take to get off the boat in Nassau? We arrive on RCI Majesty of the seas at 8am according to our itinerary. I wish I could make the stuart cove morning snorkel at 8:15am pick up but Im thinking that we would miss it. The afternoon trip is probably going to be too late because we wanted to do some other activities while in Nassau like checking out the town and my girl friend is hell bent on at least walking through Atlantis. I told her none of its free but she still wants to go so that she can say she was there. I might just book one of the other snorkel trips in the AM instead of stuart coves but I have heard so much good stuff about them. We will be in port until 11:59pm.

Old April 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

I can't speak for that particular ship, but we just got back from Nassau on Carnival Fascination and we arrived probably 20 minutes before the doors open, and it took maybe another 10 minutes to get out the door. It was pretty crowded on the ship, but opened up as soon as we started moving. So we didn't have to wait long at all to leave.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We usually allow a half hour to an hour to get off the ship.

We often do ship's excursions which are coordinated with arrival and departure.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

People with excursions usually get priority getting off the ship, and it also behooves you to be at the gangway early, so if the ship does not prioritize, you are at the head of the line.
As for alternate snorkel excursions: we took the catamaran sail and snorkel, and had a great time.

PENDING CRUISES:
Unfortunately, none at the moment
PAST CRUISES:
CARNIVAL MIRACLE to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau, 9 July - 17 July, 2011
CARNIVAL MIRACLE
to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau, 10 July - 18 July, 2010

CELEBRITY ZENITH - NY to Bermuda (and back), June 2000
ALASKA MARINE HIGHWAY MV COLUMBIA - Seattle to Haines, AK (1 way), July 1982

Old May 9th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

I believe you only are priority to get off the boat if you are booked through the cruise lines excursions- could be wrong but you may want to ask.

Carnival Victory March 27, 2011 -Southern Caribbean
San Juan to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten 7 days Review

Carnival Destiny November 24, 2011 Thanksgiving Cruise-Western Caribbean Miami to Key West & Cozumel 4 days Review
Carnival Glory October 22, 2012- Bahamas Norfolk to Nassau 6 days Review
Carnival Victory February 3, 2014- Exotic Eastern Caribbean Miami to Grand Turk & Little Stirrup Cay (Coco Cay) 5 days Review
Faster to the Fun Review

February 2015 WDW Princess Half Marathon

Old May 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by agc291 View Post
I believe you only are priority to get off the boat if you are booked through the cruise lines excursions- could be wrong but you may want to ask.
I believe you are correct.

Old May 9th, 2012, 09:08 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
How long does it take to get off the boat in Nassau? We arrive on RCI Majesty of the seas at 8am according to our itinerary. I wish I could make the stuart cove morning snorkel at 8:15am pick up but Im thinking that we would miss it. The afternoon trip is probably going to be too late because we wanted to do some other activities while in Nassau like checking out the town and my girl friend is hell bent on at least walking through Atlantis. I told her none of its free but she still wants to go so that she can say she was there. I might just book one of the other snorkel trips in the AM instead of stuart coves but I have heard so much good stuff about them. We will be in port until 11:59pm.
Why not check out downtown before you go to stuart coves.. then go to atlantis after you get back. There's more to see in the evening at Atlantis than there is during the day.

I wouldn't miss out on SC just to see a hotel lobby.