Ports of call

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, are you just back from your Thomson cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:01 PM.
Cricklade
107 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Hi

Do they have maps on the ships of the ports we dock at ,we are on the Adriatic explorer cruise?

wolf7
Jackson.keith5@sky.com
380 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by wolf7
Hi

Do they have maps on the ships of the ports we dock at ,we are on the Adriatic explorer cruise?

wolf7
They have maps of the countries and the coastlines visited but not the ports and streets I dont think
Scotland
2,486 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Port/Street maps are available for every port you visit on the ship with points of interest etc...Well they were on the Dream unless they`ve cut back
Jackson.keith5@sky.com
380 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by Jim The Scot
Port/Street maps are available for every port you visit on the ship with points of interest etc...Well they were on the Dream unless they`ve cut back
That's useful to know Jim, where are these maps kept?
Sheffield, UK
481 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Hi

wolf7

They had port of call maps available in September when we did Adriatic Explorer on Spirit. They are on the Destination Services desk and also on Reception. I think we have had them on all our Thomson Cruises.

Malc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

north east
2,244 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
We've always had maps....they used to deliver them to your cabin the night before but on our last cruise you had to pick them up from reception or DS.
OXFORD
6,729 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
We had maps delivered to our cabin on the first week of our cruise on the Dream in February, then we started to get maps which were sponsored by the shops at each port, which were not so good and we had to ask at reception for one of the port maps, then suddenly the port maps were delivered to our cabins again! The port maps are A4 and the shopping maps are A4 folded in half.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thomson Celebrationx3,Thomson Dreamx3,ThomsonSpiritx2,Thomson Majestyx3, Thomson Discovery, P&O Oceanax2, P&O Azura, Fred.Olsen Braemarx3,Crown Princessx2,Sea Princess,Celebrity Eclipse, Jewel of the Seas,Independence of the Seas,Ocean Village

Scotland
2,486 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Keith Jackson
They have maps of the countries and the coastlines visited but not the ports and streets I dont think
As others have said Keith.Delivered with your cruise news or pick up at Destination deck.
Dorset, UK
8,661 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Hi

wolf7
As others have posted maps available on board and they are quite informative - and adequate for most ports of call.

But for some city ports like Rome and Venice (relevant to you) I find the little popout maps really useful - with more detail and street names and they fold up so neatly to put in your pocket.

I got one from Amazon for Venice for less then £4.

Most ports too there are tourist information desks in the terminal where it's helpful to pick up local maps - again can be more detailed.

Enjoy your trip - great itinerary!
London UK
91 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I was on the this wonderful cruise two years ago. They handed out this information at the 'Port Talk'. Well worth trying to go to these talks.
I loved the ports on this cruise. Sailing out of Venice was wonderful, but the views leaving Montenegro were breathtaking.
Cricklade
107 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by kruzseeka
As others have posted maps available on board and they are quite informative - and adequate for most ports of call.

But for some city ports like Rome and Venice (relevant to you) I find the little popout maps really useful - with more detail and street names and they fold up so neatly to put in your pocket.

I got one from Amazon for Venice for less then £4.

Most ports too there are tourist information desks in the terminal where it's helpful to pick up local maps - again can be more detailed.

Enjoy your trip - great itinerary!
Thanks for the info 17 days to go really looking forward to the trip .

wolf7
Tamworth, Staffordshire
1,240 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by RivaDiva
I was on the this wonderful cruise two years ago. They handed out this information at the 'Port Talk'. Well worth trying to go to these talks.
I loved the ports on this cruise. Sailing out of Venice was wonderful, but the views leaving Montenegro were breathtaking.
Oh were'nt they just, can still remember biting my lip so that i didnt cry sailing out of kotor. It was a fantastic itinery one that I will definately repeat after I've done all the others
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Doncaster
1,618 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by RivaDiva
Shame kotor's not on this year, so glad they've put it back on for next year
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
thomson celebration jan 2009, april 2009,jan 2010, oct 2010, feb 2011
thomson spirit oct 2011, oct 2012,march 2013
thomson majesty may 2013
thomson dream oct 2013
thomson celebration jan 2014
thomson spirit april 2014,oct 2014, april 2015
thomson dream oct 2015, jan 2016, march 2016
thomson spirit oct 2016
tui discovery b2b jan 2017