Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old April 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
We're less than 30 days out on the Riviera and we upgraded (ok, everyone, I was upsold (is that a word?)) at what I would think is a great price. We went from a B3 extended balcony to a PH2 for $500 each. I hope that walk-in closet is worth it!
That is a good upsell deal
enjoy

Old April 30th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail in California View Post
I was offered a VIsta Suite (from a PH3) but we didn't act fast enough. You really have to tell your TA upfront so they can accept right away.
Gail - may i ask how soon before the cruise they made the offer? Thanks...gary

Prior Cruises:
Oceania Marina Transatlantic: Barcelona to Rio - Nov 20 - December 8, 2013 18 Days
Oceania Marina Transatlantic: NY to London - May 26 - June 11, 2013 16 Days
Oceania Marina Transatlantic: Rome to Rio - November 22 - December 10, 2012 18 Days
Oceania Marina Transatlantic: Miami to Barcelona - March 19-April 2, 2012
(yes, we like TA's )
Norwegian Sun - 9 Night Copenhagen - June 13 - June 22 2011
Norwegian Sun - Back to Back Caribbean - December 4,2010 - December 18, 2010
Norwegian Sun - 12 Night San Francisco - Mexican Riviera 10/12/09 - 10/23/09
Holland MS Noordam New York Caribbean - 11/25/06 - 12/6/06
RCL Brilliance of the Seas Miami - Circle the Caribbean - 2/3/06 - 2/13/06
RCL Monarch of the Seas 10/17/03 - 10/20/03
NCL Skyward - Ft Lauderdale Caribbean - January 1986
plus a Carnival and another from the 90's

Old May 1st, 2012, 01:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hard to recall- but maybe a month or two ahead of sailing. My TA had left a message & by the time we replied & she got back to Oceania it was too late. Might be best to have an agreement with the TA upfront if you are willing to upgrade.

Old February 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Vista suite upgrade

I realize this thread is old but I had to search regarding this specific upgrade because I was offered a Vista suite for several European itineraries this spring at no extra charge to me if I forfeit my Oceania suite for Caribbean Hideaways 2/12/13 (next week!!). I'm currently scouring my brochures and trying to figure out if I can make this work. Part of me wants to try for a much desired Med. cruise in a Vista and my more sensible side is steering me toward escaping the cold Boston weather for sun and fun in the islands now. BTW I figure the dollar amount of this to equal upwards of $10k. Please feel free to comment and or suggest...

Old February 5th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Easy-take the offer. The Med cruises are much more expensive than Carib. Use the savings and book a Carib cruise for the same week on a different line -if O is sold out.

Old February 5th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

I suggest that you review the threads regarding Vista suites. We have been offered similar upgrades, but have avoided Vista suites because of the location. We do better in the back of the boat. Location could make your decision.
Good luck, whatever you choose.

Old February 5th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'd take the offer.

Old February 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyspanner View Post
I realize this thread is old but I had to search regarding this specific upgrade because I was offered a Vista suite for several European itineraries this spring at no extra charge to me if I forfeit my Oceania suite for Caribbean Hideaways 2/12/13 (next week!!). I'm currently scouring my brochures and trying to figure out if I can make this work. Part of me wants to try for a much desired Med. cruise in a Vista and my more sensible side is steering me toward escaping the cold Boston weather for sun and fun in the islands now. BTW I figure the dollar amount of this to equal upwards of $10k. Please feel free to comment and or suggest...
The big question is do you want to go to the MED or the Caribbean

For me is it a no brainer ...I would steer clear of a Vista suite as I do not like to be at the front of the ship
Now if they offered me an OS on Marina

Tough choice to make

Enjoy whatever cruise you decide on

Lyn
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Royal Epirotiki-Olympic, Orient lines-Marco Polo, NCL-Dream, Princess - Dawn Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress, Scenic Tours -Scenic Sapphire, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina(1) Riveria (1) AQSC-American Queen

FUTURE CRUISE(S)

Email:LHT28 yahoo com
Put Cruise in subject line

PHOTOS:
http://lht28.smugmug.com/

Last edited by LHT28; February 5th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default I would take it

The Med isn't that rough usually. I don't like the bow either.

And I would use the money like someone suggested on a cheaper cruise or just stay in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. It is really nice there now.

Of course you have plane fare to Europe to consider.

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyspanner View Post
The same deal was offered to us in August 2011 -- forego Alaska on Regatta for a Vista on Marina in the Med. We jumped at it. True, we weren't that wild about Alaska although we would have liked to see it again, but most of the ports on the Med cruise were new to us. We paid a small penalty for changing our flights (NY to Vancouver with a return from LA to LA roundtrip) so that wasn't really a factor. We calculated that in effect we had a 50% discount by switching from the PH on Regatta to a Vista on Marina.

We loved the Vista and did not have a problem with motion although I do tend to be sensitive to that.

On our cruise we had about one day of rough weather but we didn't feel it any more in the Vista than others further down the line.

As others have said, if you want it -- don't take too long to decide.

Mura

Send Mura a message:

Last edited by Mura; February 5th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Old February 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Decision made

I appreciated those who weighed in on my "dilemma"? We've chosen to stick with our Oceania suite and Caribbean Hideaways. We were fortunate enough to cruise the Mediterranean in 2011 (that's where we fell in love with aft suites). I'm hopeful we have many cruises ahead and just felt we needed this escape now. BTW, weatherman says 20" of snow for Friday so when I'm shoveling Saturday I'm pretty sure I will be able to do it with a smile!

Old February 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Good choice rustyspanner, because we are going to get slammed here with snow Friday & Saturday. You will be more than ready for the Caribbean after all that shoveling. Have a great trip!

Old February 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

For us, it was an easy choice because we were going from an "R" ship PH to a Marina Vista, quite an enormous difference just in the accommodations. (Besides, we hadn't been on Marina and were curious to try her out.)

And we actually preferred the new itinerary.

But if we'd been considering an upgrade from an OC to the Vista, unless the itinerary were VASTLY preferable -- we wouldn't have done it.

Keep the shovel handy. We may need it here in NYC ...

Mura

Send Mura a message: