Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Bahamas
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
emk323's Avatar
emk323 emk323 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 50
Default Atlantis waterpark.

Here is my question, first time cruiser so please excuse any silly question.

My self and DH and three children 23 ,20 and 14 will be going to nassau in May on the Carnival Miracle
My three kids want to go to the Atlantis waterpark, my dh and myslf just want to relax.
If I book a room for three at the comfort inn can any three of us use the armbands for the park or are the names on them . Then if the kids are in the waterpark can my husband and I still use the comfort inn room and pool area.
Thank you
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
mlzangel78's Avatar
mlzangel78 mlzangel78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Born and Raised in Dix Hills, Long Island NY, Now living in Woodbury NJ
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emk323 View Post
Here is my question, first time cruiser so please excuse any silly question.

My self and DH and three children 23 ,20 and 14 will be going to nassau in May on the Carnival Miracle
My three kids want to go to the Atlantis waterpark, my dh and myslf just want to relax.
If I book a room for three at the comfort inn can any three of us use the armbands for the park or are the names on them . Then if the kids are in the waterpark can my husband and I still use the comfort inn room and pool area.
Thank you
Be advised, there is a MAX occupancy of 4 per room, the second two adults are 40 plus tax more.. on top of that, EACH person is then assesd an additional 13.95 electric charge and a 5.00 housekeeping charge, regardless of wether you ever enter the room or not.. I know this bc i JUST cancelled my reservation because of this as it was cheaper to get the waterpark wristbands thru majestictoursbahamas.com... i literally cancelled Comf suites res about an hour ago... and NO unfortunately you cant pick and choose everyone gets an armband...
__________________
Next up : Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 1/23/15

Enjoyed:Missing some, cant find them all..
Carnival Liberty 10/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2012
Sunspree Montego Bay, Our Wedding 11/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
NCL Jewel 5/2010
AI Mexico 11/2009
Imagination 5/2009
Freedom of the Seas 11/2008
LIberty of the Seas 5/2008
Carribean Princess 11/2007
Brilliance of the Seas 6/2007
Enchantment of the Seas 5/2006
Voyager of the Seas 5/2005
Imagination 1/2005
Fascination 12/2004
Inspiration 4/2004
Grand Princess 12/2003
Fantasy 11/2003
AI Jaimaica 1/1999
AI Dom Rep 11/1999
AI Mexico 5/1998
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
mjkacmom mjkacmom is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzangel78 View Post
Be advised, there is a MAX occupancy of 4 per room, the second two adults are 40 plus tax more.. on top of that, EACH person is then assesd an additional 13.95 electric charge and a 5.00 housekeeping charge, regardless of wether you ever enter the room or not.. I know this bc i JUST cancelled my reservation because of this as it was cheaper to get the waterpark wristbands thru majestictoursbahamas.com... i literally cancelled Comf suites res about an hour ago... and NO unfortunately you cant pick and choose everyone gets an armband...
I think the OP is asking if it is possible to "pretend" they have only 4 (instead of 5, since 5 is too many for the room), and give the 3 kids the wristbands (picked up at Atlantis, not CS), while the 2 remaining adults enjoy the facilities at CS, and not venture next door to Atlantis. I never heard of anyone doing it, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. I wouldn't have all 5 of you standing there at the check-in counter at the same time.

Actually, I'd love to know if this would work!
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:57 PM
mlzangel78's Avatar
mlzangel78 mlzangel78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Born and Raised in Dix Hills, Long Island NY, Now living in Woodbury NJ
Posts: 1,017
Default

it wouldnt work bc everyone on the property at comfort suites needs a wristband..if one of 5 doesnt have a comfort suites wrist band, they will be escorted from the property... i contacted the hotel about this on my last cruise, they stated the only way to do it is to book two rooms... one for 3 people and one for 2 people
__________________
Next up : Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 1/23/15

Enjoyed:Missing some, cant find them all..
Carnival Liberty 10/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2012
Sunspree Montego Bay, Our Wedding 11/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
NCL Jewel 5/2010
AI Mexico 11/2009
Imagination 5/2009
Freedom of the Seas 11/2008
LIberty of the Seas 5/2008
Carribean Princess 11/2007
Brilliance of the Seas 6/2007
Enchantment of the Seas 5/2006
Voyager of the Seas 5/2005
Imagination 1/2005
Fascination 12/2004
Inspiration 4/2004
Grand Princess 12/2003
Fantasy 11/2003
AI Jaimaica 1/1999
AI Dom Rep 11/1999
AI Mexico 5/1998
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
emk323's Avatar
emk323 emk323 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 50
Default

Thank you for your answer....If everyone needs a wristband even if they dont go to the waterpark then this is not an option for us as my husband and I am not interested in the waterpark.....Ill check out Majestic tours..
Thanks for all the info........
__________________
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:05 PM
mlzangel78's Avatar
mlzangel78 mlzangel78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Born and Raised in Dix Hills, Long Island NY, Now living in Woodbury NJ
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emk323 View Post
Thank you for your answer....If everyone needs a wristband even if they dont go to the waterpark then this is not an option for us as my husband and I am not interested in the waterpark.....Ill check out Majestic tours..
Thanks for all the info........
Youre welcome Sorry i couldnt give you a better end, if it were 4 you would have had no problem , but 5 especially when none are under the age of 12 wouldnt work
__________________
Next up : Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 1/23/15

Enjoyed:Missing some, cant find them all..
Carnival Liberty 10/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2012
Sunspree Montego Bay, Our Wedding 11/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
NCL Jewel 5/2010
AI Mexico 11/2009
Imagination 5/2009
Freedom of the Seas 11/2008
LIberty of the Seas 5/2008
Carribean Princess 11/2007
Brilliance of the Seas 6/2007
Enchantment of the Seas 5/2006
Voyager of the Seas 5/2005
Imagination 1/2005
Fascination 12/2004
Inspiration 4/2004
Grand Princess 12/2003
Fantasy 11/2003
AI Jaimaica 1/1999
AI Dom Rep 11/1999
AI Mexico 5/1998
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM
mlzangel78's Avatar
mlzangel78 mlzangel78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Born and Raised in Dix Hills, Long Island NY, Now living in Woodbury NJ
Posts: 1,017
Default

YOU could however book a room for 4 and have ONE person get the majestictours pass for atlantis... break it down each way and see what would be cheaper
__________________
Next up : Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 1/23/15

Enjoyed:Missing some, cant find them all..
Carnival Liberty 10/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2012
Sunspree Montego Bay, Our Wedding 11/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
NCL Jewel 5/2010
AI Mexico 11/2009
Imagination 5/2009
Freedom of the Seas 11/2008
LIberty of the Seas 5/2008
Carribean Princess 11/2007
Brilliance of the Seas 6/2007
Enchantment of the Seas 5/2006
Voyager of the Seas 5/2005
Imagination 1/2005
Fascination 12/2004
Inspiration 4/2004
Grand Princess 12/2003
Fantasy 11/2003
AI Jaimaica 1/1999
AI Dom Rep 11/1999
AI Mexico 5/1998
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM
emk323's Avatar
emk323 emk323 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 50
Default

Only the three kids are going to the waterpark. My husband and I dont want to go we just want to do our own thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
scubagirrl's Avatar
scubagirrl scubagirrl is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emk323 View Post
Only the three kids are going to the waterpark. My husband and I dont want to go we just want to do our own thing.
But your asking if it's ok to cheat the system and get 3 wristbands for the kids, and then 2 adults will use the room and pool at CS... That's theft of services.

Buy a pass for one of the kids and you all can enjoy your day.
__________________
Blue Skies, white clouds and no problems
------------------------------------
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
DaveG99's Avatar
DaveG99 DaveG99 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 152
Default

I think its insane that a waterpark charges $120 per person. And whats even crazier is that people are willing to pay this! Is the place that great to justify the price? And I bet people spend another $100 just having lunch and some drinks.
__________________
Voyager of the Seas 6/23/02
Majesty of the Seas 5/14/12 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hlight=majesty
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
scubagirrl's Avatar
scubagirrl scubagirrl is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I think its insane that a waterpark charges $120 per person. And whats even crazier is that people are willing to pay this! Is the place that great to justify the price? And I bet people spend another $100 just having lunch and some drinks.
I think it's crazy as well.. and in the high season.. it's $135pp

I just don't see the draw to this pricey monolith. It's a hotel... with a handful of slides. NOT the grand waterparks we have in the states at 1/4 the price. I can get a family season pass at my waterpark back home for less
__________________
Blue Skies, white clouds and no problems
------------------------------------
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
mjkacmom mjkacmom is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubagirrl View Post
But your asking if it's ok to cheat the system and get 3 wristbands for the kids, and then 2 adults will use the room and pool at CS... That's theft of services.

Buy a pass for one of the kids and you all can enjoy your day.
Honestly, I wouldn't feel very guilty. I'm sure there are MANY people, like us, who paid for the hotel room, plus all of the fees and service charges, and not only never entered the hotel room, but spent less than 10 minutes on the property. In the OP's case, only 2 people would be using CS, even though they paid for 4.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
emk323's Avatar
emk323 emk323 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkacmom View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't feel very guilty. I'm sure there are MANY people, like us, who paid for the hotel room, plus all of the fees and service charges, and not only never entered the hotel room, but spent less than 10 minutes on the property. In the OP's case, only 2 people would be using CS, even though they paid for 4.

Thank you MJKACMOM ... .... We are not going to bother now but thanks for all the feedback!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
DaveG99's Avatar
DaveG99 DaveG99 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 152
Default

Does anyone that has gone to this water park think the $120 per person was money well spent? I havent seen one person say it was worth it.

Also has anyone been there and can comment on how much lunch costs there? If its in line with other fancy hotels its probably like $20 for a burger and fries with a soda.
__________________
Voyager of the Seas 6/23/02
Majesty of the Seas 5/14/12 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hlight=majesty

Last edited by DaveG99; April 30th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM
mlzangel78's Avatar
mlzangel78 mlzangel78 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Born and Raised in Dix Hills, Long Island NY, Now living in Woodbury NJ
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Does anyone that has gone to this water park think the $120 per person was money well spent? I havent seen one person say it was worth it.

Also has anyone been there and can comment on how much lunch costs there? If its in line with other fancy hotels its probably like $20 for a burger and fries with a soda.
This will be the 8th time ive gone to the atlantis on the day pass for $120..sometimes $150... i love the atlantis, i love their pools and service. Yes its about $20 for a burger and fries and a soda.. honeslty no diff than the Borgata Casinos prices for food, or upscale NY restuarants that we eat in quite frequently.. I would never spend $400 plus a night to STAY at this property but going once a year for $120 pp especially when we are there for 8 hours is enjoyable for us.. i enjoy doing the Dig over and over and the slides and the pools and beaches... some people stay at sandals over and over.. for me Im not a LAND based vacation person i hate being in one spot for 7 days.. so to enjoy the Atlantis on a cruise is a great way to enjoy the property without being stuck there for a week, which would certainly break the bank
__________________
Next up : Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 1/23/15

Enjoyed:Missing some, cant find them all..
Carnival Liberty 10/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2013
Carnival Glory 5/2012
Sunspree Montego Bay, Our Wedding 11/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
NCL Jewel 5/2010
AI Mexico 11/2009
Imagination 5/2009
Freedom of the Seas 11/2008
LIberty of the Seas 5/2008
Carribean Princess 11/2007
Brilliance of the Seas 6/2007
Enchantment of the Seas 5/2006
Voyager of the Seas 5/2005
Imagination 1/2005
Fascination 12/2004
Inspiration 4/2004
Grand Princess 12/2003
Fantasy 11/2003
AI Jaimaica 1/1999
AI Dom Rep 11/1999
AI Mexico 5/1998
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Erwende's Avatar
Erwende Erwende is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 131
Default

Just returned today. Did the aquaadventure through NCL for $119 including transport. Yes that is expensive and yes that's two days at a US waterpark. BUT. You are on a cruise and everything is overpriced on the ship too.
It was raining the whole day so we basically had the water park to ourselves. We loved the river ride. So unique and wild! And I can't think of any other water park on the Caribbean ocean!!
And yes the burgers are $20.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:17 AM
jbanana1 jbanana1 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 842
Default

It was worth it to me our our two sons since this will be the only time we are there together as a family (our sons are 18 &21). We also live in Texas and have THE BEST WATERPARK...Schlitterbahn, and although Atlantis is no where near as good as Schlitterbahn we still loved Atlantis and are glad we spent the money for it (thru majestic tours - not the cruiseline prices!).

Food at the waterpark isn't expensive. You can get a burger, fries (or chips) and a drink for around $8-10 (can't remember exact price). The bottled water is expensive though.

Do a search on Atlantis Aquaventure and read my review from last summer. We aren't beach people. Prefer a good pool, especially one with a slide, over salt water and sand. I know a lot people prefer to see the historical sights of Nassau but not me. I chose our cruise itinerary so we could go to the Atlantis waterpark as a family.

Last edited by jbanana1; May 1st, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.