Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Coral Princess 1/23/2006

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
5,000+ Club

HOT here and the AC is running.......grocery shopped this morning and no plans for the afternoon. It will be flounder, kale and corn on the cob for dinner tonight.....can you tell I am already hungry?

Old April 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
10,000+ Club

I just ate 2 tacos with homemade salsa and a calcium pill...so I must have heard you Gail.

Kale? how do you prepare ?

Priates, definately a favorite with the boys...when the kids were young and we did alot of lake trips, pirate maps were discovered, followed and hidden treasure dug up......

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Kale is tres yummy and good for you too!! Can prepare like spinach, or toss it into soup

We had a little frost overnite....................good thing I covered the pots. I'm in another state of disruption with the painting....................thankfully it will be short lived.

Old April 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
5,000+ Club

Mary is right on with the kale....I cook it longer than spinach and add olive oil to the water to take away some of the bitterness.....we like to sprinkle vinegar(red wine vinegar or rice vinegar) on top before eating....yum...I also make a kale and minestroni soup that we love. A nothing day today so have the wash going.....how boring is that!

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM
10,000+ Club

Default Kale

I tried it for the first time a few months ago, I baked and salted it. Have either of you you ever done that?

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Never baked it, but why not I have some baked pasta dishes that call for spinach, but kale could easily be substituted.

Today we're eally hitting bottom with rain and a high of 48

Old April 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
5,000+ Club

I have never baked kale either...did you like it that way? Went to the store last night to buy coffee and while there Scott called and wanted us to stop by.....so we made a stop at Whole Foods on our way to their house and bought a bottle of wine, crackers and a dip.....it was a fun evening. Paige has been volunteering on Saturday mornings at their vet's office for community service points for school(she wants to be a vet) and just yesterday he hired her as part time this summer....she is happy now!

Old April 28th, 2012, 02:33 PM
10,000+ Club

Default Kale

I got the recipe off the internet and many of the reviews raved about them tasting like chips(needlees to say the salt helped)....I thought it was really good at first but then lost interest......I made a second batch and then tossed it. You should try it.

I M happy for Paige.

Mary, when will the painting be completed?

Old April 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

If Ted shows up, the painting should be done by Wednesday............I've been using him for almost 30 years. He does great work but at his own pace. I stick with him tho since he's honest and charges a very decent price. Most of my neighbors use him too

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
10,000+ Club

Sounds like Ted has got a good following.

Old April 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
5,000+ Club

Another lovely restful day. Just booked two more private tours on our January cruise for Ushuaia Argentina and Quito Ecuador....things are coming together

Old April 30th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Steve and I went browsing in downtown Naperville yesterday............we stopped in Williams-Sonoma where they offered us some baked kale Interesting taste.......kind of good........nice and salty.......but don't think I'll make it.

True to form, Ted called this morning to say he'll be here tomorrow

Old April 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
10,000+ Club

Well, it is a sad day when the Angels have a worst record than the CUBS....and What about those Rangers?

Enjoy the week.

Old May 1st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

It is very, very hard to be worse than the Cubs

Well, Ted is back today working on the master bath..............hopefully I won't be displaced for too long. Old neighbors are taking me to lunch today

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
10,000+ Club

We have rain. Since my sister is gone for the week Wayne has become my walking companion. So this morning because of the rain we went walked a different route over to a park that has a man made lake and enjoyed watching some ducks with their ducklings.

Old May 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
5,000+ Club

Did you say Rangers.....nice to walk....we have been doing that everyday.....we seem to get into some great conversations while we walk. Breezy here but lovely! Way to go Ted!!!!

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM
10,000+ Club

Yes, I did say Rangers...I thought you were the one who didn't care that much about baseball, however, I've noticed your interest has increased since they have been doing well...Does your son have season tickets?

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We have a rather sultry day on tap...................may call for some AC..........even tho we had the furnace on yesterday.

Ted showed up again this morning.......................master bath is done and today he's doing the hall bath.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by land lover View Post
Yes, I did say Rangers...I thought you were the one who didn't care that much about baseball, however, I've noticed your interest has increased since they have been doing well...Does your son have season tickets?
NO....baseball is the only sport I really like He has tickets to the Manatees in Florida so we'll go to some games when there. The Ball Park in Arlington is such a pain to get to from here. It takes way over an hour and the traffic is absolutely terrible.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Guest bedroom being painted today!!! I'm very happy with my color choices. The only area left will be the laundry room. Maybe I'll have that done when we install ceiling fans.

It's back to summer here