Posted May 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Since September 1 is a Saturday, the ferry to St. George's will probably not be operating. When we were there last week, it was only M-F. The Hamilton Ferry was operating, though, and they had extra runs for the cruise ship. Quite a few people bought a bus pass for the day, which got them to Horseshoe. One person said it took a long time for the bus to come by, though, so check the schedule. While we were on our taxi tour, we met up with a couple that had come by bus all the way to St. George's, so it can be done, too. The advantage of the taxi tour was all the neighborhoods we went through that you won't see on your own.
It is perfectly possible to get to St. George by bus and the buses are frequent. The Bus pass includes the ferries and you can get it on the dock or sometimes the Concierge desk of the ship sells them.
Get on the ferry to Hamilton, and then walk up to the bus terminal which is by the City Hall. Take one of the buses to St. George or wherever you want to go. You can also get another ferry in Hamilton and get to Somerset Bridge. Or you can get off in the Flatts and go to the Aquarium there. Just be sure to check the frequency of the buses and remember to stand on the wrong side of the road to get the bus.
- 1950- two HAL (Nieuw Amsterdam) transatlantic, and tour Europe and the UK
- 2000-01, 2001-02 and 2003-4 Winters Cruises on S/V RosalieAnn (our boat) Intercoastal Waterway Chesapeake Bay to the Keys and the Bahamas
- 2004-NCL Crown to Bermuda
- 2005-NCL Crown repositioning and then winter road trip, Fort Walton Beach, Talladega, Santo Domingo, Frisco TX, Hot Springs, Branson,and Louisville KY.
- 2006-HAL Maasdam back to back, Caribbean and repositioning and driving back to MD
- 2007 - Grandeur of the Seas repositioning Baltimore to Tampa
- 2007 - NCL Pearl - Then trip to Ireland with 2nd oldest grandson
- 2008 March- NCL Jade from Barcelona cruise with 3rd grandson
- 2008 - HAL Statendam - Inca Discovery through the Panama Canal
- 2009 June - HAL Rotterdam - with 2nd oldest granddaughter Scandinavia and Russia
- 2010 Jan Celebrity Mercury - Caribbean
- 2010 June -NCL Pride of America - Hawaii - with 5th (youngest) grandson
- 2011 Jan - Enchantment of the Seas B2B- Bahamas & Caribbean
- 2011 May - HAL Amsterdam - Alaska
- 2011 Nov - Carnival Pride B2B - Bermuda & Bahamas
- 2012 July - Dawn Princess - Australia with 3rd granddaughter
- 2013 Jan - HAL Maasdam - Caribbean
- 2013 Jun - Disney Fantasy B2B - Caribbean with 4th granddaughter
- 2013 Nov - Bermuda - Grandeur of the Seas
- 2016 April - AmaViola - River Tulip Cruise - Netherlands & Belgium
- 2016 October - Carnival Sunshine
One more grandchild to go - probably 2018
4 generations - grandmaR is now greatgrandmaR 2x