Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Disney Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disney Cruise Line
Read Disney Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Disney Cruise Deals.

Old May 4th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Interested in Disney

Hi all,

I am interested in Disney and am wondering if someone can help answer a couple of questions.

First, we are already booked on other cruises/vacations throughout 2013 so I am mainly focused on 2014 (I like to plan ahead ) With that said, when does Disney typically release their schedules?

Second, it is isn't very clear to me what is part of the suites/concierge cabins. Can anyone shed some light on these type of cabins?

Thanks!
09/2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Alaska
1/2016 - Celebrity Summit - S. Caribbean

Completed:
01/2014 - NCL Jewel - W. Caribbean
9/2013 - Disney Dream - Bahamas
01/2013 - NCL Epic - E. Caribbean
09/2012 - NCL Sky - Bahamas
01/2012 - Celebrity Eclipse - E. Caribbean
01/2011 - Celebrity Eclipse - W. Caribbean
09/2003 - Holland America Zuiderdam - Caribbean
12/1986 - RCL Song of Norway - So. Caribbean

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskimmel View Post
Hi all,

I am interested in Disney and am wondering if someone can help answer a couple of questions.

First, we are already booked on other cruises/vacations throughout 2013 so I am mainly focused on 2014 (I like to plan ahead ) With that said, when does Disney typically release their schedules?

Second, it is isn't very clear to me what is part of the suites/concierge cabins. Can anyone shed some light on these type of cabins?

Thanks!
Itinerary release dates vary, but in the past, October has been the big release month.

Concierge is generally the top 2 decks, not sure where the other suites are.

Old May 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I am mainly focused on 2014 (I like to plan ahead )
So many things can happen in 2 years !!

World might come to an end or one may die from an accident !

Old May 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

When you say concierge, do you mean the type of cabin or the concierge service?

On the original ships (Magic and Wonder) the concierge cabins are the suites. On the new ships (Dream and Fantasy) the suites are concierge, but there are also some of the largest 'regular' verandah cabins (family verandahs) that are allocated to concierge service.

I've never sailed in concierge, but my understanding is that concierge services provide someone who can do things for you: so you never have to stand in line at guest services, or to make a dining reservation, shore excursion, etc. I think there is a complimentary lounge with snacks and drinks. On the Dream and Fantasy there are special concierge-only sun decks. If you are in a suite, you can order room service from the specialty restaurants. You are guaranteed your choice of dining (main or second seating, rotation, size of table, etc.).

I believe one of the big perks with concierge is the ability to book shore excursions, Castaway Cay cabanas, specialty restaurant reservations, etc. before anyone else, at a very early window. You also are the first to board the ship and have priority for disembarkation.

Last edited by helenb; May 4th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.