Conquest ~ Tell me something (Good or Bad)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:55 PM.
#81
Florida
839 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by OceanDreams
Can you use the Sauna and Steam Room for free or are they included in the Spa prices?

OceanDreams
Sauna and steam are at no cost. I you want to use a locker just stop at the main desk give them your S/S card an ask for a locker key. This is for men and women.... I used it every day free.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Majesty 2000

Carnival Miracle 2006 Carnival Legend 2006

Carnival Holiday 2007 Carnival Holiday 2007 Carnival Fantasy 2007 Carnival Miracle 2007

Carnival Holiday 2008 Carnival Celebration 2008 Carnival Fantasy 2008 Carnival Splendor 2008

Carnival Glory 2009 Carnival Dream 2009

Carnival Fantasy 2010 Carnival Triumph 2010
Carnival Elation 2010 Carnival Dream 2010

Carnival Triumph 2011 NCL Spirit 2011
Carnival Miracle 2011

Carnival Conquest 2012 Carnival Magic 2012
NCL Epic 2012

Carnival Conquest 2013 Norwegian Sun 2013

Carnival Sunshine BC7 2014 Carnival Dream 2014
Carnival Freedom 2014

Carnival Dream 2015 Dream 2015
Carnival Sunshine 2015

Carnival Conquest 2016 Carnival Sunshine2016

Diamond and Diamond



#82
Florida
839 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
You will love the ship
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Majesty 2000

Carnival Miracle 2006 Carnival Legend 2006

Carnival Holiday 2007 Carnival Holiday 2007 Carnival Fantasy 2007 Carnival Miracle 2007

Carnival Holiday 2008 Carnival Celebration 2008 Carnival Fantasy 2008 Carnival Splendor 2008

Carnival Glory 2009 Carnival Dream 2009

Carnival Fantasy 2010 Carnival Triumph 2010
Carnival Elation 2010 Carnival Dream 2010

Carnival Triumph 2011 NCL Spirit 2011
Carnival Miracle 2011

Carnival Conquest 2012 Carnival Magic 2012
NCL Epic 2012

Carnival Conquest 2013 Norwegian Sun 2013

Carnival Sunshine BC7 2014 Carnival Dream 2014
Carnival Freedom 2014

Carnival Dream 2015 Dream 2015
Carnival Sunshine 2015

Carnival Conquest 2016 Carnival Sunshine2016

Diamond and Diamond



#83
239 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
We didn't attend the shows. Just not our "thing". We did enjoy the poolside movies! It was cool of an evening in March and they put out blankets. The bar had free popcorn. And of course we had to have a beverage! It was during the playoffs and my husband watched Baylor play one evening before dinner and was thrilled to get to see it!
#84
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
243 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
We were on the Conquests 3rd voyage over New Years 2005, so I don't remember a whole lot, but the best thing about Conquest now is that Barry Miller is the Piano guy in the Piano Bar. He is the absolute best and I would book a cruise just because he was on the ship.
Barry is a blast!!!

He made our Inspiration Cruise in 2009 one of our best ever (out of 14).
#85
New Mexico USA
1,560 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Originally posted by dburdan
We were on the Conquests 3rd voyage over New Years 2005, so I don't remember a whole lot, but the best thing about Conquest now is that Barry Miller is the Piano guy in the Piano Bar. He is the absolute best and I would book a cruise just because he was on the ship.
Barry is a blast!!!

He made our Inspiration Cruise in 2009 one of our best ever (out of 14).
Do you know how long his contract is? Will he still be on the ship during August?

OceanDreams
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Never Stop Dreaming



#87
New Mexico USA
1,560 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
I know that the ship won't be modified with the 2.0 upgrades until October 2012 .... But does the Conquest have the comedian's performing? If so, how many nights?

OceanDreams
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Never Stop Dreaming



#88
Chattanooga, TN
6,808 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We are also sailing the Conquest in October, and I am enjoying all the comments and tips-thanks a bunch!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charlene

Carnivale-1990
Sovereign-2000
Enchantment-2001
Grand Princess-2004
Golden Princess-2005
Caribbean Princess-2006
Caribbean Princess-2007
Carnival Spirit Cruise Oct 2008
Holland-Westerdam Oct 2009
Carnival Dream- Sept 2010 "Best Friends Reunion Cruise"
Oasis of the Seas- Sept 2011
Carnival Conquest-Splendored Spirits 10-28-12
Oasis of the Seas- Sept 2013
Oasis of the Seas- Sept 2015
Carnival Miracle- Oct 2015
Carnival Freedom - Oct 2016
Carnival Vista - Oct 2017
#89
208 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
We are sailing on august 26 and this thread is making the wait even harder LOL

We are driving down from Canada and, after much research, have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter (on Royal Street). They have a park and cruise package for $149 that includes 8 days parking.

When we were in NOLA last year, we stayed at the Drury Inn and it was AWESOMe but, unfortunately, they are renovating right now and therefore not offering the cruise package for our sailing. Those of you sailing later than us may want to check it out though!
#90
Forney, Texas
143 Posts
Joined May 2012
We are cruising on the conquest out of nola july 8, 7 day western carribean. We are driving from texas and getting there 1 day early to enjoy an evening in the big easy. However we had to book our hotel a little out of the city as an event called "the essence music festival" has just about every hotel in the city booked solid. Luckily were only 20 minutes from the french quarter as I've been told.

Hmmm. As for serentity on the ship. According to the layout I've seen of the conquest it show to have two floors of serenity up near the top. One floor shares the camp carnival and more serenity above that. This as according to my carnival phone app -ship mate.
#91
New Mexico USA
1,560 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Originally posted by momof5k
We are sailing on august 26 and this thread is making the wait even harder LOL

We are driving down from Canada and, after much research, have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter (on Royal Street). They have a park and cruise package for $149 that includes 8 days parking.

When we were in NOLA last year, we stayed at the Drury Inn and it was AWESOMe but, unfortunately, they are renovating right now and therefore not offering the cruise package for our sailing. Those of you sailing later than us may want to check it out though!
We too are very excited about our upcoming cruise....and this thread is helping so much. We are flying in so we won't be needed the Cruise & Park package .... The Drury Inn is showing at $124.00/per night.


Originally posted by hassellcastle
We are cruising on the conquest out of nola july 8, 7 day western carribean. We are driving from texas and getting there 1 day early to enjoy an evening in the big easy. However we had to book our hotel a little out of the city as an event called "the essence music festival" has just about every hotel in the city booked solid. Luckily were only 20 minutes from the french quarter as I've been told.

Hmmm. As for serentity on the ship. According to the layout I've seen of the conquest it show to have two floors of serenity up near the top. One floor shares the camp carnival and more serenity above that. This as according to my carnival phone app -ship mate.
Here is what jgmpuma posted on page 1 of this tread .... sounds great!

Originally posted by jgmpuma
1. You get to visit New Orleans.
2. You cruise down the Missisippi.
3. The area at the rear of the Lido Deck (where the hottubs are) isn't officially a serenity area, but close to it. Few Kids, not usually crowded, and you are just steps away from where all the food is.

We have been on Conquest four times, and I can't think of anything negative.
OceanDreams
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Never Stop Dreaming