Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Lose Before You Cruise

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Lose Before You Cruise A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

How fun Margaret! I didn't see your news regarding teaching the social dance class...I bet you will have a good time with that. And no, Zumba does not cover those as an organization...HOWEVER...at convention there are different workshops that you can take that cover different styles more in depth...I know that "swing" is something that gets included...so maybe they would be covered there?

You know, a Zumba class can only go where each individual instructor takes it. And it is largely up to the instructor to explore different genres of dance. The key is to be able to put a fitness spin on whatever rhythm is introduced to the class. It is why some purists for different styles can get upset in the way Zumba represents the different styles. I believe that Zumba's philosophy is more about enjoying the rhythm and moving your body to the music in as safe a way as possible without the traditional breakdowns and instruction of a serious dance instruction class...you don't go to Zumba to learn to dance...it's just about moving to the music in a "dancy" fitness way.

I'm in such an awkward position with my rec center and Curves classes. There are only two weeks left in these locations...and I find myself so sick of all the songs and routines that I do. And honestly, I know that some of the Curves ladies are sick of them too, and I haven't been able to really bring anything new to class for a while...and so I almost feel like I am ending these classes on a weird note, you know? Like it isn't worth diving into something totally new...but then again...why would I just give up on the new...Zumba is supposed to be easy to follow...so it shouldn't be a big deal to have "new" in the last weeks...

So, I'm struggling with what to do in these classes. I had some requests for some older songs that some members of the class were so sick of...and I played them...and unfortunately, the lady that requested them didn't show up that day...and there were comments regarding the music...I DID say at the end of class that I was taking requests and that if a song wasn't their fav, or they were sick of it, to just deal with it for 3 minutes and move on...and let's not talk about it.

Seriously. I had to say this because of the chatter.

Anyway.

Kelly visited my class last night. She brought me flowers and a card, which was thoughtful...but she arrived late...did her set and then left. I'm pretty sure it hurt my feelings that she didn't come for the whole class...because I was feeling somewhat weepy at the end. And the set she did was something of a killer. She really does know how to get you going without high impact.

She did her version of "Take You to Rio". She got that song from me when she visited my corporate class that one time before she subbed for it, and she liked it a lot, and said that she would like to use the song...of course, I don't care, I was excited to have a song to share with her since I use so many of her routines/song choices...but the way that she interpreted the different sections of the song...OMG...the whole class had a very hard time following that one because it was SO DIFFERENT. Very interesting to have a real side-by-side comparison of the difference between Kelly and myself.

And she did the Pitbull remix of Shake Senora
"Zumbala" by Grupo Extra
"La Bomba Sexy" by King Africa

Very energetic. Very fun...and the class was pretty wiped out by these routines. LOL.

Anyway...I'm realizing that moving is going to give me a real opportunity to establish something of an identity as a Zumba instructor. I was telling Mom the other day that I don't really feel like I have any particular style. Kelly is all about the core...it's just something about the way she choreographs...my abs were feeling it big time from just those 4 songs...and she has the abs that reinforce that this is what her Zumba is about. Her songs are all high energy.

Mom goes to an awesome instructor named Kisha...a former military woman...she has an amazing physique as well...something of a typical brown skinned althetic build with beautiful arms, a flat stomach, and a delish booty ...and she does GREAT fitness...and can do funny songs like "Whip My Hair Back and Forth" by Willow Smith that a Sandra Dee look-a-like white girl like me could never really pull off with panache. Teddy was a total dancer. Melanie is heart attack Zumba.

But me...well...I don't know that I have a definable style...I think I work more on the structure of the class and don't worry so much about a style. And over the past year of teaching, I have learned a lot...and now I have a chance to sort of polish off my teaching style and my classes. Get organized. Work out a system so that I can be more productive with the time I spend in prepping classes and figuring out routines, etc.

Speaking of...I need to figure out today's corporate playlist.

Old May 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

I haven't had a chance to post back after my Tues/Thurs evening Zumba instructor announced she was leaving. Sure enough, the gym didn't give her the 2 weeks transition period she was hoping for, they asked her to not come back. I was very upset by that, as was a couple of other regulars, and let the gym know that I didn't appreciate it. Dh suggested that although they didn't handle it nicely, he could understand their point of view that they were afraid she would 'steal' members away. I definitely let them know my feelings about it when I found out, but I know they didn't give a damn. She had in mind a girl who just became certified but is trying to get more teaching experience to take over for her. She's actually very good, and hope the gym does hire her, but in the meantime we've had subs.

First of all, the gym she's going to is twice the price and is ONLY classes whereas our gym has 3 locations with cardio equipment, weights, tanning, and we can bring a guest for free (except for classes - that's $5/class for a guest). Of course that's why they treat us like cattle that it's a gym for the masses. However, ironically, they've lost a few members that money isn't an object for who decided to follow her to the other gym ONLY because of how they did it.

I have to admit, I never thought this particular instructor was the best, but they grow on you! The people who are leaving got caught up in their anger, and didn't stick around to see that even the subs we've had until they can fill the slot permanently do a much better class than she did. Looking back at when she made her announcement, she was trying so hard to NOT say that she was leaving for a competing club that she got flustered ended up essentially blurting it out.

Anita, before you worry and think that's how your students will think, just from hearing your thought process of how you plan, present your classes and your knowledge, I know it's not the same. She's 24 years old and is chubbier and flabbier than I am at over 30 years older, and she just can't get the hang of facing the classroom and switching out her sides when turning around - that always makes me laugh when we all start going in opposite direction. The thought that you give that if the space is crowded is wonderful. She will take requests (mostly because except for her warm up and cool down song, she just flips around her ipod until she finds something) and will take a request for a song that has donkey kicks forward and backwards when the class is already too full...that was NOT a good workout as I had to hold back so much. I can see the 2 different subs we've had watching us to make sure we're doing the moves so we don't hurt ourselves and get the most of it, really exaggerating a movement at the beginning so we 'get it'.

I think if you're worrying about going out on a negative note because you and the class is bored, definitely change it up. Just a couple of new songs that are repetitive enough to be easy to learn fast would spark it up and end it in a positive light.

Just my 2 cents - I feel kind of funny giving you advice. But also, even if it may seem boring doing some of the same songs, I know for me that when I know a song well enough that I don't have to think about tripping over my 2 left feet and can really dance it, that's the best time I have. Also, know that as a Zumba student, I find we take a little something from our previous teachers to make US more unique!

As for your 'personal style'...I bet you have more of it than you know. To me, having the organization to put together your classes with so much thought and love for it IS a style.

I wish you a lot of luck in making your move, and don't envy you for the packing end of things!

Tres Amigas Review-Allure of the Seas Oct 14, 2012...Ole!
Our CrazyCatSailors Cruise Website
Past Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas 5/4/2014 * Adventure of the Seas 4/14/2013 * Allure of the Seas 10/14/2012
Freedom of the Seas 11/13/2011 * Oasis of the Seas 11/13/2010 (WOW is the right word) * Carnival Pride 10/18/2009 *
Explorer of the Seas 6/19/2008 * Grandeur of the Seas 10/19/2007 * Radiance of the Seas 11/5/2006: 1st Cruise w/hubby *
Majesty of the Seas 4/8/05: Chaperoned 200 High School kids - phew *
Disney Big Red Boat November 1992 * Multiple Azure Seas Baja California cruises 1980's

Old May 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've been folllowing the saga of your next cruise being chartered, and that kind of stuff really makes me angry. I mentioned it to DH, and he couldn't believe Royal Caribbean would do that. Nope, I've seen it before, just because it isn't right doesn't mean they don't do it. Especially on an adults only cruise, they're gonna bring in a whole lot more money from the bars than on a family cruise...bottom line.

I really feel that if they ARE going to do a charter, especially for a 'theme' like this one (ewwwww - to each his own, but thank goodness the Brilliance is going in for a drydock right afterwards...it will need a good cleaning!) keep the sailing closed to the public from the start. Don't get people like us who spend hours researching the available cruises until we find the PERFECT one to fit our needs, schedule our lives around it, and then pull it out from under us.

I'm booked on the Adventure out of Sea out of San Juan also for the week after you were (now that our 'kids' are adults and for are sailing by ourselves anyway we go when Spring Break is OVER!) There's still the possibility we will have to cancel if we can't get decent airfare and if the home improvements we need to concentrate on this year wipe out our budget, but we snagged a corner aft balcony and would HATE to give that up.

Have you looked at the Celebrity Summit leaving San Juan on April 6 for a 7 nighter (San Juan, at sea, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, St Thomas and back to SJ)?

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Julie...I appreciate your posts! I love hearing other people's perspectives and I don't think it's odd at all that you would offer advice to me. As a Zumba student you are knowledgeable and have an opinion...to share that with me is to help me out tremendously...the good book says, "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."

And thanks for the encouragement about having style...I don't really want to fit myself into a box...I desire more to think about the class and what is the most beneficial thing to do for a class...I actually want to be somewhat generic...balanced...not too fitness-y...not too danc-y...easy to follow...fun music...safe...with an engaging warm up...and a cool down/stretch that makes you feel like you did something good for yourself. I can't figure out a great adjective for that...I'm in pursuit of being the "Yin Yang" Zumba instructor...to some extent, I think I have achieved that...Debbie, the one that hired me for my corporate class, said that people had been asking about me as an instructor before I started, and she described me as very "middle of the road." I took it as a complement, because it was intended that way.

And about the cruise...Mom had a very involved conversation with a Royal person and she was pretty adamant about the idea that we would be cruising in April 2013 and that all this talk on cc was just talk...with no basis for it...despite what the ONE guy has posted and what the other travel websites have posted. So we are just in a wait and see kind of place.

Old May 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Judi...I apologize for calling you Julie...I couldn't see your signature and relied on memory...and well...

Old May 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi ladies,

Iīm just saying Hello
Iīve not been to many Zumba classes these past weeks, as Annie is ill and I just donīt get comfortable with the replacement instructors styles. Some of them like to jump, andI mean, jump a lot which is not good for my legs...

DH and I had our first standard dance class last night. As my BIL is getting married this summer, we decided to join a beginners class to refresh our poor dancing skills We are just three couples right now, so itīs kinda fun and lotīs of space. The dance instructor is Annieīs dad, so we keep to their business...

We are spending tomorrow with my parents for lunch, as itīs Motherīs day in Germany. afterwards weīll swing by a sportīs store in the netherlands (German shops are closed on Sunday). I hope that they have dance sneakers in store so I can try some on. If they donīt, Iīll just have to order them online. I would love to have some Bloch wave sneakers...

Take care.
And Anita, if your cruise really gets cancelled, donīt be too dissapointed. Better it happens a year in advanced then just a few days prior. This way you can make alternative plans.

Costa Marina - Nov 2005 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Costa Victoria - May 2007 - Eastern Med, Norwegian Gem - October 2007 - North Sea, Costa Fortuna - November 2007 Caribbean, Costa Classica - May 2008 Western Med around Spain, Costa Serena - November 2008 - Eastern Med , Costa Fortuna - Feb / March 2009 Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas - Western Med June 09, Celebrity Millenium - 2009 - 10 days Alaska Tour, Costa Marina - Feb 2011 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Voyager ots - May 2011 - Adriatic Sea Cruise, Mariner ots - Sep. 2011 - Eastern Med and Holy Land , Costa Serena - March 2012 - Western Med and Canary Islands, HAL MS Rotterdam - July 2012 - Southern Norway, Costa Mediterranea - Nov 2012 - Transatlantic, Costa Pacifica - Feb 2013 - Western Med, Celebrity Infinity - May 2013 - transatlantic - Celebrity Eclipse transatlantik nov. 2013

Old May 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Anita, no worries about my name, and I KNOW how memory can be, especially in the midst of the transition you're making.

I admire your patience about the cruise - that would make me crazy. I can see if they set aside the date right from the start and don't offer the booking to 'regular' people that it's appropriate to have a charter for whatever group, but to leave you in limbo like this is wrong. I would guess they're waiting to make sure the charter can fill the ship before closing it to the public completely, but how can they fill the ship if you and others have cabins booked? I'm so confused

For kasi1979, I'm sure Anita can 'coach' you better, but it's so easy to modify Zumba from high impact. My ankles and knees will let me know if I've overdone it, so I just do my own thing when they're jumping - like modified jumping jacks. Now that I feel so much less uncoordinated from doing Zumba, I'd like to take some dance classes, but DH has to be so careful of his back (he's had major back surgery and has all kinds of hardware holding his lower back together) that we couldn't take the chance of him twisting wrong.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi delacruz, I used to teach ballroom dance, and if you're worried about your husband's back, I suggest the "smooth" dances - foxtrot, waltz, tango. They have a very upright posture with no hip movement, and would be easier on the back than the latin (also called rhythm) dances. They may not seem as dynamic, but the smooth dances really work the legs and butt! Plus, they're so romantic. Ahhh, a man who can dance is a treasure.

Anita, as to style, I think really looking at your students and how they are moving can tell you a lot about your style. I agree that aiming for the middle of the road is an admirable goal. I would think that that is what most people are looking for in a fitness class anyway.

I took my second Saturday Zumba class, and sad to say I was a bit disappointed in the substitute. I am still thinking about why it was dissatisfying. I think the pacing or arc of the whole class was off, especially in the middle where you really want to work hard. I didn't get my endorphin rush, and never had that moment where I just want to lie down and die. Yeah, I got sweaty, and the next day I was a bit sore, but not a good whole body type of sore. If that had been my very first class, I don't know if I would have tried Zumba again.

But, now I'm excited for my Wednesday class, which is always exhausting AND fun!

2014 Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean
2012 Dawn Princess Australia Solar Eclipse
2011 NG Islander Galapagos & Machu Picchu
2010 Windstar Costa Rica
2009 Victoria Prince Yangtze River Solar Eclipse
2006 Clipper Odyssey Viet Nam
2004 Radisson Diamond Turkey & Greek Isles Transit of Venus
2002 Radisson Hanseatic Antarctica & South Georgia
2001 Windstar Virgin Islands
1999 Sky Princess Baltic Sea Solar Eclipse
1998 Radisson Paul Gauguin Tahiti
1996 Star Princess Alaska

Old May 15th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Ladies...

Ya'll seem to be experiencing why everyone, including myself, says that Zumba is SO instructor dependent.

Kelly came to class this past Saturday and it was awesome. She was there early...talking with the ladies...there was a huge mix up with the room, so the situation was irritating as we were trying to get it sorted...finally we got class started...about 10 minutes late. The plan was for me to do my two warm up songs...and that was funny...because Kelly has her own routine to "Moves Like Jagger" and it is TOTALLY different...anyway...Kelly had a new routine and we were her guinea pigs for it...and it was a song I have been listening to and thinking about and the routine was just so simple and fun...STOLEN!!...I did it Monday night...and twice today...in both my corporate class and at Curves...love this song:

Bailando Por El Mundo by Juan Magan feat. Pitbull and El Cata

A big hit all over...especially at Curves, which made me happy because I did decide to keep going as if I were keeping going and keep introducing new songs as I have been, which is really about one a week at Curves. I just made sure that the song was fun (check!) and the choreo was simple (check!)...then it's fun to have a new song.

Anyway...I think that Kelly hit just the right balance on Saturday and the ladies really enjoyed her instruction. Which makes me happy...more than anything, I hope that the people will continue to work out. My new stretch song is "I Hope You Dance" which was a suggestion from one of the Curves ladies...when I first played it, they were ready to cry...it was the week I announced that I was moving...tonight was less emotional. I think I'll do that song at the rec center.

Hope everyone is doing well. Zumba has a new line of apparel out...I think it's going to be popular. The camo material is back...and they are capris! Think I'm going to have to get 'em!

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default you are SO right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita Latte View Post
Hello Ladies...

Ya'll seem to be experiencing why everyone, including myself, says that Zumba is SO instructor dependent.

I had another substitute, this time in my Wednesday class, and he was AWESOME but totally different from my regular teacher. Very dancerly, a lot less latin, and I finally got to dance to Moves Like Jagger, and do a body roll (so out of practice!). He was very easy to follow, which is an important quality in a substitute, I think. However, my knees really hurt today and I don't know if I could do his class on a regular basis. This is how students self-select, and relates to what I said earlier about how looking at the composition of your students can tell you a lot about your own teaching style.

Bailando Por El Mundo by Juan Magan feat. Pitbull and El Cata

Fun song!

"I Hope You Dance" which was a suggestion from one of the Curves ladies...when I first played it, they were ready to cry...

OMG such a beautiful song, no wonder your students wanted to cry. I think it speaks to everyone out there who's busting their bu++ in Zumba classes instead of staying home in front of the TV.
You must be an awesome teacher to inspire such loyalty. Bravo!

I taught a two-hour social dance class yesterday, then my regular writing class, and then Zumba, so no wonder my legs feel like broken sticks today. But I don't care! It was fun.

2010 Windstar Costa Rica

Old May 17th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

So. I've been needing a new warm up FOREVER...I mean FOREVER...I still can enjoy the same old warm up that I've been doing...BUT...I know that I need a new one. So I ordered the Warm Up and Cool Down CD/DVD from Zumba for some help and inspiration. I did the main warm up from that DVD with my corporate class Tuesday...I thought it was okay...the song was very long...over 6 minutes...and kinda boring?...but it was okay...I did enjoy the movement and the way that the moves were layered...

I tried that warm up again last night at the rec center...and I definitely didn't love it. UGH...I thought the song was done...and I acted like it should have been done...but it wasn't...and I just looked at everyone and made a crack about how I was SO DONE with the song...hit track forward and kept going...

So today...I REALLY needed a new warm up for my corporate class...I had been thinking about it all yesterday...I woke up this morning just after 5 AM...couldn't get back to sleep...gave up on sleep and starting thinking about the warm up...thinking about different songs...etc...

WELL. There is a song...a VERY repetitive song...and when I was first working with it to see if it would work for me...I just couldn't get past how repetitive it was...BUT...by this very nature...it makes the PERFECT backdrop for this style of warm up that I learned on the CD/DVD. And I did it today in my corporate class...and I LOVE IT!!! They loved it too...which is really fabulous...and they admitted that they also didn't love Tuesday...but today...that rocked...so...yay!!

Gonna do it at Curves tonight too!! FINALLY...a song to replace Good Feeling by Flo Rida!!! I'm so excited!!! Sometimes it's hard to find songs that get you pumped up, KWIM? Here it is:

I Like How It Feels by Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull and the WAV

Meanwhile...I was asked again today if I've lost more weight...I was asked this past Saturday...but again...I'm just wearing capris that FIT me properly...but I may have to do some measuring and get on the scale again...it has been a while...

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hmmmm....looking for a stretch song for tonight's Curves class...I found "Georgia on My Mind" by Michael Buble...LOVE HIM...I know the ladies love his voice too...so we'll see how it goes...could be a total bomb...BUT...I'm taking advantage of the situation for an easy pick on the stretch song tonight.

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just used Adele's Someone Like You. Very nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Past Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas 5/4/2014 * Adventure of the Seas 4/14/2013 * Allure of the Seas 10/14/2012
Freedom of the Seas 11/13/2011 * Oasis of the Seas 11/13/2010 (WOW is the right word) * Carnival Pride 10/18/2009 *
Explorer of the Seas 6/19/2008 * Grandeur of the Seas 10/19/2007 * Radiance of the Seas 11/5/2006: 1st Cruise w/hubby *
Disney Big Red Boat November 1992 * Multiple Azure Seas Baja California cruises 1980's

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

The latest, the greatest...posted TODAY...I know this is Beto's voice...I guess he is adding singing to his skill set? All I can say is he IS hot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OwH...ature=youtu.be

You may be seeing this is a Zumba class you attend...especially after the Zumba convention in August...

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

So I weighed myself this morning...

And yes, it would appear that I have lost another 4-5 pounds since April 21. My body fat percentage also went down by 0.6%. I've lost maybe a half inch at the waist? and not much of anything at my hips...I've lost a BUNCH right at the belly button level (which is much lower on me than my natural waist)...here's the big reason why people were thinking I lost a bunch more weight...that belly button level measurement lost about 2 inches! My silhouette has really changed then...it's a more gradual slope from my waist to my hips now...that love handle bump has really gone down! No wonder I've been having such issues with my britches!!! LOL.

Woot woot!!

Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

At Curves this week...I've been using "Last Dance" for a warm up...it's perfect not only because it honors Donna Summer but also because this is my last week teaching at Curves and the rec center. I'm not doing this at the rec center though, but it isn't as appropriate for that class...

Today was a kind of crazy Zumba day for me...at my corporate class, the two instructors that are going to be taking over the classes there visited. They are team teaching, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday, and they can cover for each other if necessary. They came to see the set up and the get a feel for the class. They were very nice. The one girl described herself as "boot camp" Zumba, doing lots of squats and jumping jacks...I thought, WOW, jumping jack girl is going to LOVE you! LOL. She had to leave for end of the year stuff happening with one of her kids. The other instructor stayed throughout the whole class. It was kind of nerve wracking to have them be there...you know? But the one that stayed gave me a really nice critique, complementing me on my non-verbal cuing style...that was really nice. I've never met them before, but we are all friends on Facebook now and will be working together to make a smooth transition...I'm looking forward to that.

Tonight they through me a going away party at Curves. Very emotional for me. I held it together pretty well during the gathering...we did 30-35 minute class...then we had cake and other snacks...they presented me with an amazing going away gift and a card everyone signed. The instructor that is taking over the Tuesday night class was also there. I've met her before...she taught the CPR/AED cert class that I took. She is a sweetheart. She was very complementary as well...saying that the class was a lot of fun...good variety.

Please excuse me while I share these feel good comments...

Like I said, it's been an emotionally charged evening for me...

I realized how much I really care about all these ladies...how much I've looked forward to seeing them week after week...the great atmosphere at this particular Curves...and I know that I'm going to miss them so much...I've been teaching there now for a YEAR...literally ONE YEAR. Wow. It's been an amazing experience...so much growth over the past year.

Anyway...I'm posting this for Mom's benefit too...tonight was a really nice little playlist:

Last Dance: Donna Summer (warm up)
Bailando Por El Mundo: Juan Magan feat. Pitbull and the WAV
Baila Esta Cumbia: Kumbia Kings
Que Buena Tu Ta: Zumba Fitness Cover
Take Your to Rio: Ester Dean
Boro Boro (Radio Edit): Arash
Smooth EDIT: Santana
I Hope You Dance: Lee Ann Womack

It hits all the right notes...great variety in movement.

Hope everyone is doing well. Like I mentioned...this is my last week teaching in two locations. Two more rec center classes. One more Curves class. Wow. DH comes home for a long weekend on Friday! I haven't seen him in four weeks. So looking forward to it. And next week is the last week of school.

We have finalized our moving plans. We will be moving the last weekend in June...and will be in Georgia the first week in July. We are moving into the basement with my SIL...but there is light at the end of that tunnel...as we anticipate moving out in December, if not before.

I will still be teaching for one more month at my corporate class. I'm so glad for that. It'll keep me sane and provide welcome stress relief for the month of packing ahead.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default saying goodbye and other changes

Yes, it is soooo hard to say goodbye to our students. Mine eventually go back to their homes all over the world and I never see them again. I always wonder what and how they are doing. I try to be philosophical about it, but sometimes it is disheartening not to see the fruit of our teaching before our eyes every day, and some of them I just miss.

So, I've been doing Zumba for five weeks now, and I've had four different teachers! Our Wednesday sub was lots of fun, very dance-y. Lots of core work, isolations, body rolls! and some Adele. Very hard, very fun.

Well, I've been avoiding the scale this month, so I finally decided to weigh myself this morning. I haven't lost anything. Bummer.

2010 Windstar Costa Rica

Old May 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Tomorrow morning...Saturday...is my LAST public Zumba class. I'll still have my corporate class BUT...the time has come when I will no longer be teaching at either the rec center or Curves. So sad. I admit I'm a little concerned about what could happen going from 9 classes a week to only 2!

Anyway...it was very difficult for me to put together this very last playlist. There are songs that ladies have stated they like so much, that they will miss from my class...and so I have tried my best to balance this against other songs that I like a lot too...my list is a little long...but here it is:

Moves Like Jagger: Maroon 5 (warm up)
Good Feeling: Flo Rida (warm up 2)
Waka Waka (Esto es Africa): Shakira (Latin Pop/Calypso)
Zoomer: Les Jumo (African inspired)
Baila Esta Cumbia: Kumbia Kings (Cumbia)
Danza Kuduro: Don Omar & Lucenzo (Kuduro)
Zu Bailaito: Zumba Fitness (Quebradita)
Jai Ho: Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack (Bollywood)
La Vida Es Un Carnaval: Zumba Fitness (Salsa)
Dame (Touch Me): Zumba Fitness (Cha Cha)
Pegate: Grupo Treo (Merengue)
Que Buena Tu Ta: Zumba Fitness (Merengue/"Arms From Hell")
Take You to Rio: Ester Dean (Pop)
Boro Boro (Radio Edit): Arash (Bollywood/Bhangra)
Cuando Me Enamoro: Enrique Igelias (Bachata)
I Need to Know: Marc Anthony (Cha Cha/Cool Down)
Feeling Good: Michael Buble (Stretch)

Like I said...class is going to run a bit long...but I just couldn't figure out what I would want to cut out...and it's only long by a minute or two...

Anyway...DH came home last night. He is here until Monday night...he will be back in GA for work on Tuesday. But we are having a great weekend. I just figured out my playlist and wanted to post it. Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

Old May 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

LOVE your last playlist...many of my favorites too - wish I could attend!

Enjoy the weekend with DH!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Past Cruises:

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Anita,

I hope your last class goes well and you have fond memories of your time, teaching there.

I was to Zumba class last night. Annie is finally well enough to give about half a lesson and has a sub for the rest.
I received my new dance shoes yesterday and trief them at class. I bought block wave shoes and have to get used to the new form. but am amazed how well they glide.

Anyways, we are off to northern germany for the weekend.
Take care.

Costa Marina - Nov 2005 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Costa Victoria - May 2007 - Eastern Med, Norwegian Gem - October 2007 - North Sea, Costa Fortuna - November 2007 Caribbean, Costa Classica - May 2008 Western Med around Spain, Costa Serena - November 2008 - Eastern Med , Costa Fortuna - Feb / March 2009 Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas - Western Med June 09, Celebrity Millenium - 2009 - 10 days Alaska Tour, Costa Marina - Feb 2011 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Voyager ots - May 2011 - Adriatic Sea Cruise, Mariner ots - Sep. 2011 - Eastern Med and Holy Land , Costa Serena - March 2012 - Western Med and Canary Islands, HAL MS Rotterdam - July 2012 - Southern Norway, Costa Mediterranea - Nov 2012 - Transatlantic, Costa Pacifica - Feb 2013 - Western Med, Celebrity Infinity - May 2013 - transatlantic - Celebrity Eclipse transatlantik nov. 2013