Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cruise Air

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old May 25th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We plan on flying direct (non stop) to Copenhagen from Toronto, Canada.

We can take either Air Canada or Lufthansa for the same price. I plan on buying the exit seats for comfort.

Which would you choose?

Last edited by phabric; May 25th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have taken Lufthansa to Europe (to Barcelona and to Venice). I really like them. I booked with them myself.

In October the cruise I was on ended in Rome and we got to the airport early and the flights were delayed to Frankfurt because of bad weather. We finally got on the plane after a few hours and sat on there for another hour and by the time we got to Frankfurt we had missed our fight to Vancouver.

Lufthansa put us up in a hotel and gave us shuttle tickets to the hotel and vouchers for food. They flew us home the next day.
They were very good as we were stressed and tired. They even gave us each a free phone call to let our relatives know we would be a day late.
I had a hotel booked in Vancouver for the night I arrived and they called them and changed it to the next night.

I would definitely take them again.

I seen KLM had a non stop flight which is only 9 1/2 hours so thought I would try them for the cruise in March.

Old May 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
5,000+ Club

Phabric -- Hate to tell you, but the AC and LH flights are one and the same. Operated by AC, with a LH codeshare. In addition SAS also has their code on that flight. I would just check out all three for pricing and take the cheapest. You get the same flight on AC.

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan

Old September 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

How are the seats with extra legroom? Good enough for someone that is 6'3" on a 10 hour flight?

Old September 19th, 2013, 07:18 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody hounddog View Post
How are the seats with extra legroom? Good enough for someone that is 6'3" on a 10 hour flight?
If you are getting the ones with the large amount of extra legroom, then what you are buying is an exit row seat.

As for "good enough"...only you can say. For sure you would have enough room in business, and if flying in economy, that's probably as good as you might get.

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan