First Time Cruiser, just saying hello

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruising for the first time? Our members will have you cruising like a pro in no time! Don't forget to read our 8000 reviews written by first timers just like you!
First Time Cruisers
You May Also Want to Read: Over 6,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:11 AM.
Indiana
13 Posts
Joined May 2012
I've been lurking for months. Our first cruise will be later this month on the Paradise. I've so enjoyed reading reviews and port of call experiences. Thank you for all that you've shared. I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am Melissa and DH Eric and I will be taking our first trip away from our daughter since she was born 5 years ago!!!
Chicago by way of Boston and NOLA
16,907 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Hope you have a great first cruise Melissa. Cruise Critic is a wonderful resource for obtaining information.

You might want to check out the Roll Call boards here on Cruise Critic and find your cruise. You will then be able to chat with others from Cruise Critic that will be on that same exact sailing with you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
Celebrity Infiniti - December 8, 2017 - Chili & Argentina (Around the Horn)!
Celebrity Edge - April 14, 2019 - Western Caribbean

Completed Cruises:
Celebrity Summit - November 26, 2016 - Southern Caribbean (Penthouse Goofs Again)
Celebrity Xpedition - October 5, 2014 - Galapagos (Seals, Penguins and Boobies, Oh My)!
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean
Fredericksburg, va. USA
82,999 Posts
Joined May 2001
My kids are named Melissa and Aric! Have a great trip! Don't fret about being apart from your child...she'll be fine, and you two will get to "reconnect"....it's a win-win for everyone!
OH
23,848 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Welcome to CC and I hope you have a wonderful experience on your first cruise.

This place is amazing...the wealth of knowledge that everyone provides is awesome.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
EPIC studio SPIRIT PEARL STAR JEWEL GETAWAY SUN SKY DAWN BREAKAWAY JADE EPIC
CARNIVAL:
Dream Pride Breeze Fascination
BAHAMAS: Great Stirrup Cay Blue Lagoon Melia Junkanoo Freeport: Paradise Cove
BARBADOS: Boatyard
BELIZE: Cavetubing Cavetubing Bannister Island Shark Ray Alley Goffs
BERMUDA: Horseshoe Bay Snorkel Park Tobacco Bay St Catherines Beach Achilles Bay Jet Ski & boat rental Warwick-Horseshoe Long Bay-Clearwater Tobacco Bay Snorkel Park
COSTA MAYA:Almaplena Maya Chan Nohoch Blue Kay
COZUMEL: Chankanaab Dolphin Swim Chankanaab Nachi Playa Mia Sanchos Passion IslandPalancar
GRAND CAYMAN: Stingray Sandbar Stingrays, Rum Point
GRAND TURK: BOHIO Governors
HALF MOON CAY
JAMAICA: Sunset Hilton Rose
ROATAN: Little French Key LFK Maya Key West Bay ZiplineLFK
SAN JUAN:Pamelas
ST KITTS: Reggae Carambola
ST LUCIA: Jalousie
ST MAARTEN: Orient & Maho Mullet Maho Divi Pinel
ST THOMAS: Saphhire Coki Linquist Coki
TORTOLA: Baths
Pittsburgh Pa.
449 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Welcome to cruise critic. Join your ships roll call before you do anything else. Ask tons of questions and our members will have an answer. Once you start cruising you will never stop.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity: Millenium -November 2003
Princess: Caribbean -November 2004
Princess: Caribbean -November 2005
Royal Caribbean: Sovereign of the Seas -August 2006
Carnival: Glory -November 2007
Princess: Caribbean -January 2008
Princess: Ruby -November 2009
Princess: Crown - January 2 2010
Princess: Crown - November 27 2010
Royal Caribbean: Navigator of the Seas - December 10 2011
Carnival Freedom: - September 8 2012
Princess: Caribbean -November 1 2014 B2B
Carnival: Conquest -November 2015
Princess: Caribbean -November 2016
Royal Caribbean: Rhapsody of the Seas -January 28 2017
Carnival: Conquest - November 25 2017

ohio
13 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
welcome melissa!! This is also going to be our first cruise in December. I have read alittle every night and havent even scratched the surfure here on CC lol Have a great cruise and please posts pics and experiences!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Vancouver, BC
59 Posts
Joined May 2012
Welcome to Cruise Critic. Here you will find lots of information from seasoned and well travelled cruisers.

Have fun on your upcoming cruise and we hope to hear from you regarding your cruise when you come back.
Kansas
2,023 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Welcome to CC! I bet you're excited to have a nice romantic vacation!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises:
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 6/07
RCCL Freedom of the Seas (Western Caribbean) 6/08
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 1/09
RCCL Navigator of the Seas (Cozumel) 3/09
RCCL Adventure of the Seas (Southern Caribbean) 6/09
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 1/10
Carnival Victory (Southern Caribbean) 6/10
Carnival Destiny (Cozumel) 9/10
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 1/11
RCCL Serenade of the Seas (Southern Caribbean) 6/11
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 1/12
Carnival Liberty (Western Caribbean) 6/12
RCCL Liberty of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean) 2/13
RCCL Jewel of the Seas (Southern Caribbean) 6/13

Carnival Breeze (Western Caribbean) 2/14
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 6/14
[COLOR=rgb(255,0,255)]
[/color]
Midwest USA
1,843 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Welcome aboard. Dont worry about your children they will be fine. Go eat, drink, and have a wonderful time on your criuse.
New York
184 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Hello Melissa! Welcome!

I'm a first time cruiser as well - this coming August.

While it will be weird at first to go on vacation without your daughter, you will see that it will be a wonderful time for you guys to be a couple again. Then before you know it - Three's Company again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCL Quantum of the Seas - March 2015
NCL Breakaway - December 2013
NCL Star - August 2012 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1692392

Send me a message here!
Church Point AKA Cajun Country
10,776 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by LivsMom2006
I've been lurking for months. Our first cruise will be later this month on the Paradise. I've so enjoyed reading reviews and port of call experiences. Thank you for all that you've shared. I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am Melissa and DH Eric and I will be taking our first trip away from our daughter since she was born 5 years ago!!!
Welcome to Cruise Critic. So, how was our cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rosemarie
NH USA
578 Posts
Joined May 2012
Hi Melissa,

Welcome! Newbie cruiser and CC member here, too.

Cruise Critic is a fantastic site. The info here helped me to take the plunge. Signed up for 2 cruises!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
===================================
Sailed! Celebrity Xpedition 10-13-2013 10 day Galapagos Cruisetour
Sailed! Oceania Regatta 5-25-2013 10-day Majesty Of Alaska Cruise
Sailed! Oceania Regatta 10-19-2012 14-day New England/Canada/Bermuda (Hurricane Sandy Mystery Cruise)
Safari! Tanzania February, 2012 (The Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara)
Sailed! Maine Windjammer Stephen Taber 9-2008 4-day cruise of mid-coast Maine on a floating National Historic Landmark launched in 1871.
Tampa Bay, Florida
10,193 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by LivsMom2006

Hello fellow Hoosier. Our first cruise was out of Tampa too. We sailed the Legend in 2010 and the Inspiration for our honeymoon last Oct. We loved the layout and size of the Fantasy class ship, it was so easy to find our way around. The Paradise is a Fantasy class ship as well. It will be a perfect size for a first cruiser. Also, the port of Tampa is very organized.

Wishing you great weather and smooth sailing.

Cari in Anderson.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cari

Carnival Legend
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Liberty

Carnival Paradise ** Upcoming Girlfriend Cruise.