Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Red Hot Rubies

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old May 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetravler View Post
I now have a price list of the wines from Bennett Lane winery if anyone is interested. They have 17 wines on the list, but the main ones are White Maximas(blend), a Chardonnay, Maximas(red blend), Merlot, Cabernet, and a dessert wine. When we have our get together, the wines we drink that day, I will get at 15% off regular cost. Let me know if you want to see the wine list.
Thanks Bernadette for putting this together for us. I'm going to take a look at their website.

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinMinnie View Post
A couple of dates/places for a pre-cruise get-together sounds good to me. I wonder how many of us 'Northerners' will be on this cruise. There seems to be a bunch of those 'Southerners'.
WE live in the same community in Sacramento as CruisinMinnie and have cruised with them a few times. We would like to be included in the get together and second the motion of a couple of dates and places. Closer to Sacramento would be okay but always enjoy a trip to Napa.

Old May 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpresident View Post
WE live in the same community in Sacramento as CruisinMinnie and have cruised with them a few times. We would like to be included in the get together and second the motion of a couple of dates and places. Closer to Sacramento would be okay but always enjoy a trip to Napa.
Hi Jackie and Don. You must be the couple that are flying with CruisinMinnie from Sac. We are also on the same flight
Our first get together will be at Bennett Lane Winery in Calistoga. You can check out their website if you wish. It will be August 25, 2012. Later on this web site I will discuss food and drinks and the price with everyone here. I think we now have 12 people coming. The next get together will be organized by whomever takes the job, but not me. So I think most of us would be more then happy to head toward Sacramento for the second get together.

Old June 6th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy

Quote:
Hi Jackie and Don. You must be the couple that are flying with CruisinMinnie from Sac. We are also on the same flight
Our first get together will be at Bennett Lane Winery in Calistoga. You can check out their website if you wish. It will be August 25, 2012. Later on this web site I will discuss food and drinks and the price with everyone here. I think we now have 12 people coming. The next get together will be organized by whomever takes the job, but not me. So I think most of us would be more then happy to head toward Sacramento for the second get together.
As you can see we are sailing on the Golden on Aug18 with our oldest granddaughter and will be coming back late afternoon on the 25TH. We will not be able to attend this event.

Old June 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpresident View Post
As you can see we are sailing on the Golden on Aug18 with our oldest granddaughter and will be coming back late afternoon on the 25TH. We will not be able to attend this event.
Sorry you will not attend this event. But I'm pretty sure another event will be planned before Oct 2013. As you know I tried several dates before choosing Aug 25th. Anyways I hope to hear from a new couple that booked from Santa Rosa. Perhaps they will be able to make it.

Last edited by timetravler; June 6th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Had a very nice get together yesterday at Sonoma Square with a group of cruisers from our SA cruise this past Feb/March. Craig & Barb (WineCountryCruiser) mentioned the No. Calif. get together. I have marked my calendar for August 25th.

After reading the thread, I like the idea of a seperate No. Calif. get together on the ship as well as the big get together. On the SA cruise, we had such a huge group that I wasn't able to meet everyone.

Jayne
Past Cruises:
09/27/13 Royal Princes-30 Days-Maiden Passage Grand Adventure-Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale
05/20/13 Grand Princess-10 Days-Inside Passage/Glacier Bay Alaska
12/02/12 Ruby Princess-7 Days-Eastern Caribbean
02/18/12 Star Princess-30 Days-Cape Horn & Andes Grand: Rio to San Franciscio
02/06/11 Emerald Princess-20 Days-Southern/Eastern Caribbean
12/18/10 Sapphire Princess-4 Days-Mexico Sampler
10/24/09 Star Princess-30 Days-Sydney to LA
11/10/08 Star Princess-10 Days-Mexico
05/29/08 Tahitian Princess-14 Days-Alaska-Connoissuer Gulf
09/24/07 Coral Princess-2 Day Coastal-Vancouver to SF
04/26/07 Island Princess-15 Days-Hawaii
05/03/06 Coral Princess-15 Days-Panama Canal, Ft Lauderdale to SF
11/01/04 Sapphire Princess-10 Days-Mexico
12/1952 R.M.S Ascania (Cunard)-Transatlantic-Liverpool to New York (my 1st Birthday coming to the USA)

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishjayne View Post
Had a very nice get together yesterday at Sonoma Square with a group of cruisers from our SA cruise this past Feb/March. Craig & Barb (WineCountryCruiser) mentioned the No. Calif. get together. I have marked my calendar for August 25th.

After reading the thread, I like the idea of a seperate No. Calif. get together on the ship as well as the big get together. On the SA cruise, we had such a huge group that I wasn't able to meet everyone.

Jayne

Craig and Jim,

Don't forget to let me know about a "ship" wine get together. I agree with Jayne a smaller group get together will be lots of fun. If most of this group is Platinum or Elite ... we can meet at the lounge where Princess has the 5 to 7 daily social for P, E and Suite passengers.

Remember that I am half Carolinian and half Californian.

Just call me Lucky Franky!

“Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.”

Future Cruise:
2014 Ruby Princess - New England/Canada
2015 Emerald Princess - Spanish Passage/TA
__________________________________________________ _________________
2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess - Grand Mediterranean; 2013 Royal Princess - Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand -Brazilian Adventure-Ft. Lauderdale - Buenos Aires; 2013 Grand -Cape Horn & Strait of Magel-Buenos Aires – Santiago; 2013 Grand- Andes & S America-Santiago - San Francisco; 2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern European Passage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010 Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 Ruby Princess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007 Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -Eastern Caribbean

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Now that is a great idea Franky to meet in the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge one evening if the Royal has a designated area. We can bring those that are new to Princess or Gold as our guests. If not, I am sure we can find another nook to meet at.

Jayne
Past Cruises:
09/27/13 Royal Princes-30 Days-Maiden Passage Grand Adventure-Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale
05/20/13 Grand Princess-10 Days-Inside Passage/Glacier Bay Alaska
12/02/12 Ruby Princess-7 Days-Eastern Caribbean
02/18/12 Star Princess-30 Days-Cape Horn & Andes Grand: Rio to San Franciscio
02/06/11 Emerald Princess-20 Days-Southern/Eastern Caribbean
12/18/10 Sapphire Princess-4 Days-Mexico Sampler
10/24/09 Star Princess-30 Days-Sydney to LA
11/10/08 Star Princess-10 Days-Mexico
05/29/08 Tahitian Princess-14 Days-Alaska-Connoissuer Gulf
09/24/07 Coral Princess-2 Day Coastal-Vancouver to SF
04/26/07 Island Princess-15 Days-Hawaii
05/03/06 Coral Princess-15 Days-Panama Canal, Ft Lauderdale to SF
11/01/04 Sapphire Princess-10 Days-Mexico
12/1952 R.M.S Ascania (Cunard)-Transatlantic-Liverpool to New York (my 1st Birthday coming to the USA)

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Cruisers 2 View Post
Craig and Jim,

Don't forget to let me know about a "ship" wine get together. I agree with Jayne a smaller group get together will be lots of fun. If most of this group is Platinum or Elite ... we can meet at the lounge where Princess has the 5 to 7 daily social for P, E and Suite passengers.

Remember that I am half Carolinian and half Californian.

Just call me Lucky Franky!
Lucky Franky it is. I'm confident that we can find a time and place to gather and share our favorites w(h)ines. I know that our daughters' favorite was "Are we there yet?".

Craig

Past Cruises:

2004 - Regal Princess (Alaska - RT SF)
2005 - Coral Princess (Panama Canal - Ft. Lauderdale to SF)
2006 - Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera - RT SF), Coral Princess (Coastal - SF to Vancouver), Island Princess (Hawaii - RT LA)
2008 - Tahitian Princess (Alaska - RT Vancouver)
2009 - Diamond Princess (Asia/Alaska - Beijing to Vancouver)
2010 - Island Princess (Panama Canal - SF to Ft. Lauderdale)
2011 - Crown Princess (British Isles/Trans-Atlantic - London to NY)
2012 - Star Princes (Santiago to SF), Sapphire Princess (Coastal - RT LA)
2013 - Grand Princess (Hawaii - RT SF), Royal Princess (Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale via Mediterranean)
2014 - Sapphire Princess (Getaway - RT LA), Crown Princess (Ft. Lauderdale to LA via Cape Horn)

Old June 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishjayne View Post

Jayne

Hi Jayne, glad you found this site. Looking forward to the get together in August! Claudia

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennykat View Post
Hi Jayne, glad you found this site. Looking forward to the get together in August! Claudia
Our get together will be fun. BTW Jayne, I was born and raised in Marin. Go Terra Linda high and college of Marin
Soon, I will be posting food and beverage choices and prices. It's never to early to plan a party!

Old June 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Would enjoy a Wine get together

Hi all,

Glenne and I live in Santa Rosa, a short hop over to Calistoga, or Napa, or for that mater, Sacramento.

Keep us posted on the planning.

Dave and Glenne

daveweibel at comcast dot net

SAILED
Queen Victoria, Los Angeles RT Hawaii 2010

SAILED Seaborne Quest Aug. 2011, Athens to Venice

SAILED
Coral Princess 3/13/12 Panama Canal LA to FLL

SAILED AMA AmaLyra 11/27/12 Danube River Budapest to Nurenburg

SAILED Royal Princess 10/9/13 Mediterranean (Venice, Mesina, Naples, Rome, Cannes, Barcelona, Maderia) to Fort Lauderdale.

SAILING Celebrity Millennium 3/2/14 Singapore to Hong Kong

Old June 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Sorry you will not attend this event. But I'm pretty sure another event will be planned before Oct 2013. As you know I tried several dates before choosing Aug 25th. Anyways I hope to hear from a new couple that booked from Santa Rosa. Perhaps they will be able to make it.
Hi

We would like to join in on the Aug. 25 event. Let us know what we can do to help.

Dave and Glenne in Santa Rosa

SAILED
Queen Victoria, Los Angeles RT Hawaii 2010

SAILED Seaborne Quest Aug. 2011, Athens to Venice

SAILED
Coral Princess 3/13/12 Panama Canal LA to FLL

SAILED AMA AmaLyra 11/27/12 Danube River Budapest to Nurenburg

SAILED Royal Princess 10/9/13 Mediterranean (Venice, Mesina, Naples, Rome, Cannes, Barcelona, Maderia) to Fort Lauderdale.

SAILING Celebrity Millennium 3/2/14 Singapore to Hong Kong

Old June 13th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Our get together list is growing, YEAH! Thanks for the offer of help, but I think I am fine. I just have to get the right amount of food and drink for enough people and we will be good to go. Just be sure to mark your calandar for August 25th, Bennett Lane Winery, Calistoga. BTW, if you don't drink wine, we will have bottled water too, plus food and dessert. More details to come soon.

Old June 19th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Our get together list is growing, YEAH! Thanks for the offer of help, but I think I am fine. I just have to get the right amount of food and drink for enough people and we will be good to go. Just be sure to mark your calandar for August 25th, Bennett Lane Winery, Calistoga. BTW, if you don't drink wine, we will have bottled water too, plus food and dessert. More details to come soon.
Looking forward to it!

This Friday our wine club has a bus trip to Murphys. We always have a good time on these bus trips - and no driving after tasting.

Old June 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
We are planning on joining the group. Wasn't sure if we could make it, but now we are good! Anxiously looking forward to meeting some of our fellow travelers. And definitely looking forward to 2014 and the beautiful Royal Princess.

We live in Lincoln about 30 minutes north of Sacramento; but are former Marinites, having lived in Novato for 35 years.

Bobbe and Frank

Old June 19th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmac View Post
We are planning on joining the group. Wasn't sure if we could make it, but now we are good! Anxiously looking forward to meeting some of our fellow travelers. And definitely looking forward to 2014 and the beautiful Royal Princess.

We live in Lincoln about 30 minutes north of Sacramento; but are former Marinites, having lived in Novato for 35 years.

Bobbe and Frank
Happy to hear that you'll be joining the get together at the end of August. BTW, I assume that you meant 2013 (vs. 2014).

Craig

Past Cruises:

2006 - Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera - RT SF), Coral Princess (Coastal - SF to Vancouver), Island Princess (Hawaii - RT LA)
2013 - Grand Princess (Hawaii - RT SF), Royal Princess (Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale via Mediterranean)
2014 - Sapphire Princess (Getaway - RT LA), Crown Princess (Ft. Lauderdale to LA via Cape Horn)

Old June 19th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineCountryCruiser View Post
Happy to hear that you'll be joining the get together at the end of August. BTW, I assume that you meant 2013 (vs. 2014).

Craig
Oops! And I haven't even had a glass of wine yet.

Old June 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmac View Post
Oops! And I haven't even had a glass of wine yet.
Well, I think you need to remedy that!

Craig

Past Cruises:

Old June 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineCountryCruiser View Post
Well, I think you need to remedy that!

Craig
Taking care of that right now!