Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Azamara Club Cruises
Find Your Azamara Club Cruises Roll Call

Old May 7th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinaro44 View Post
But if you don't pay them for the Choice Air how can you possibly expect them to give you a discount? Azamara gives you several hundred dollars off each cruise if you book a back-to-back. If you booked just one would you expect to get the back-to-back discount?

I'm sorry but it is simply unreasonable to expect a discount when you aren't making the complete purchase. The discount is for booking the cruise AND Choice Air, not for booking the cruise alone. The cruise line makes money from both pieces of that sale, and can't give the discount if you buy only one of the two pieces. It's like going to a buy-one-get-a-second-at-half-price sale and saying you only want the half-priced one. Ain't gonna happen...and shouldn't.
I just want the same deal. Pay for me to get to the port. Like I said before it cost me to get there too!.
So far in the past 12 months I have brought my money to a different line and had a great time too!

So, if Azamara changes, I will be back. If not, there are plenty of other ships in the sea.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old May 7th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocruiser View Post
I just want the same deal. Pay for me to get to the port. Like I said before it cost me to get there too!.
So far in the past 12 months I have brought my money to a different line and had a great time too!

So, if Azamara changes, I will be back. If not, there are plenty of other ships in the sea.
Not clear to me why a cruise line should "pay for you to get to the port." They've offered a discount if you purchase cruise and air through them, not just cruise. What cruise line "pays for you to drive to the port."

Some cruise lines offer discounts for active military or other groups. I don't complain just because I don't qualify.

And, jade13, whether the $500 comes off cruise fare or airfare is immaterial. It's the same $500. And I'm not convinced the cruise line makes only $25 when booking air. Whether ChoiceAir includes all cities is irrelevant. The promotion requires both purchases. If a grocery gives you free bread when buying bacon and eggs you don't get the bread unless you buy both the bacon and the eggs. If you don't eat bacon it's not the grocery store's problem.

Look at it rationally: If the cruise line isn't getting something of value to them by booking air, why would they insist on bundling air with cruise in their $500 promotion? They're not in the giveaway business.

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Not clear to me why a cruise line should "pay for you to get to the port." They've offered a discount if you purchase cruise and air through them, not just cruise. What cruise line "pays for you to drive to the port."

Some cruise lines offer discounts for active military or other groups. I don't complain just because I don't qualify.

And, jade13, whether the $500 comes off cruise fare or airfare is immaterial. It's the same $500. And I'm not convinced the cruise line makes only $25 when booking air. Whether ChoiceAir includes all cities is irrelevant. The promotion requires both purchases. If a grocery gives you free bread when buying bacon and eggs you don't get the bread unless you buy both the bacon and the eggs. If you don't eat bacon it's not the grocery store's problem.

Look at it rationally: If the cruise line isn't getting something of value to them by booking air, why would they insist on bundling air with cruise in their $500 promotion? They're not in the giveaway business.
Azamara should help me get to the cruise ship because they are helping others get there too. They are bundling air with cruise to sell the cruise.
Like I said before, another cruise line is now getting our money.
I have enjoyed your point of view. So for me, I am done with this debate.
Enjoy your cruise with Azamara.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:41 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocruiser View Post
Azamara should help me get to the cruise ship because they are helping others get there too. They are bundling air with cruise to sell the cruise.
Like I said before, another cruise line is now getting our money.
I have enjoyed your point of view. So for me, I am done with this debate.
Enjoy your cruise with Azamara.
Us too, I booked Celebrity instead today which had no airfare bundling, just sale prices.
April 15...Hawaii Land trip
Oct 15...Celebrity Equinox. Spain & Portugal cruise
May 16...Santorini and Crete Land trip

Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Junky View Post
Us too, I booked Celebrity instead today which had no airfare bundling, just sale prices.
Hope you enjoy Celebrity. A very different cruise experience.

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:38 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Hope you enjoy Celebrity. A very different cruise experience.
Probably more my age group than Azamara.

Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM
10,000+ Club

The September 1 and the 12th. Monaco to Rome and reverse.

Old June 1st, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Perhaps the $1000 credit when you were expecting $500 is because you booked a suite? The credits are up to $2000 for suites.