Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Private Islands

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Private Islands Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.

Old March 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabookkeeper View Post
How far away from the dock are these cabanas. Also, do the hillside ones have easy access to a beach?
I wrote about the cabanas in my review, starting at post 98.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1578035&page=3

I don't know the distance from the dock to the cabanas, but it's easily within walking distance if you don't have mobility issues (or aren't lazy ). There is a shuttle, which we took (we aren't lazy and prefer to walk, but with 3 kids and our "stuff" it was easier).

Hillside cabanas don't have "easy" access to the beach, but it's not bad. Just a few hundred feet (?) of walking in either direction will take you to Nellie's Beach or Barefoot Beach. I explain this pretty well in my review.

Oasis of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 8 February 2014
Liberty of the Seas, 5 Nights, Western Itinerary, 19 November 2012
Monarch of the Seas, 4 Nights, Bahamas Itinerary, 30 July 2012 - REVIEW
Allure of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 12 February 2012 - Pictorial REVIEW
Allure of the Seas, 7 Nights, Eastern Itinerary, 27 March 2011 - Pictorial REVIEW
Freedom of the Seas, 7 Nights, Eastern Itinerary, 3 January 2010 - Pictorial REVIEW (REVIEW without photos)
Mariner of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 25 February 2007 - REVIEW

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Is there a charge for the shuttle to/from the cabanas?

What else is within walking distance of the cabanas? Anything to see?

Thank you!

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The charge for the shuttle is the price of the cabanas. If you don't rent a cabana, then you don't get the shuttle. (Unless you're in a suite, then it's the price of the suite.)

EVERYTHING is within walking distance on Labadee if you don't mind walking. The area is a nice size to spread people out, but it's not so big that you can't see the entire area in a reasonable amount of time.

Allure of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 12 February 2012 - Pictorial REVIEW
Allure of the Seas, 7 Nights, Eastern Itinerary, 27 March 2011 - Pictorial REVIEW
Freedom of the Seas, 7 Nights, Eastern Itinerary, 3 January 2010 - Pictorial REVIEW (REVIEW without photos)

Old March 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you QTMichele!

Old March 15th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

You're welcome.

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

QTMichele, thank you for your review and pix of the cabanas...we were only able to secure a Hilltop cabana and am hoping its not too overly shady or too far the beach. My question only because i didn't see it in your review....is there an electrical outlet in the cabana? We want to take our MP3 player/small speakers and it would be great if we can plug in. Can you remember if there was one?

Old March 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMichele View Post
You're welcome.

Michelle

We have a standard cabana on Nellies beach Are they far from the water Do they look like they get sun

Old March 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctriv View Post
QTMichele, thank you for your review and pix of the cabanas...we were only able to secure a Hilltop cabana and am hoping its not too overly shady or too far the beach. My question only because i didn't see it in your review....is there an electrical outlet in the cabana? We want to take our MP3 player/small speakers and it would be great if we can plug in. Can you remember if there was one?
You're welcome.

Yes, there is an outlet in the cabana. I didn't post a picture, but it's in the back corner of the cabana (at least in ours and others I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Michelle

We have a standard cabana on Nellies beach Are they far from the water Do they look like they get sun
"Standard" cabanas weren't available when we booked, so this is a new "class," if that's from Royal's website. My link below goes to my review which has several pictures from Nellie's Beach, but I couldn't tell you what is "standard." There were cabanas on the beach (but I would think these would be called "beach cabanas"???) and there were cabanas on a little rocky peninsula (maybe those are "standard," but I could see them being called "over the water" as well). I'm sorry I can't answer your question with certainty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMichele View Post
I wrote about the cabanas in my review, starting at post 98.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1578035&page=3

Old June 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Were any of these cabanas right on the beach/sand? Id like one only if my little kids could be able to play on the sand right in front of it while I lounge in the cabana

Also, would they be strict about keeping it at 6 people even if 2 would be children and not even really in it at all....I suspect my 11 and 13 year old will be off doing other things or in the water and Im thinking of inviting my sister to split the cost with me which would technically put me over the 6 limit.

Old June 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The cabana we were in was over the water and had a patch of sand the kids could play in. Although are view wasn't great, this was a great cabana for families with small children.

Old June 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Oh, and it shouldn't be an issue to have one or two over. They haven't been strict about it in the past, but know that that could change.

Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

We rented an over the water cabana and we are also doing the dragons breath zipline. Our Zipline time is 10 am and our ship gets in at 9. Do you think we have time to go to the cabanas first then get to the zipline to make our 10 am zipline spot? how far is the dragons breath zipline to Nellies beach?