My Mariner Review

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Read Regent Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Regent Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:09 AM.
Cleveland, TN
276 Posts
Joined May 2012
For your review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=104538.

I welcome any questions and comments if anyone has any.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCI Adventure of the Seas ~Southern Caribbean~ June 2015
Carnival Glory ~ Key West & Mexico ~ March 2015
Disney Fantasy ~Eastern Carribean~November 2014
Carnival Fascination~Bahamas~December 2013 and March 2014
Norwegian Dawn~Western Caribbean~November 2013
Carnival Ecstasy~Bahamas~November 2013
Regent Seven Seas Mariner ~Mediterranean~ June 2012
Carnival Imagination ~Mexico~ January 2005

Perinton, New York
2,386 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
THanks for an intelligent, informative and fair review!

Glad you enjoyed Regent! Seven days is too short, next time try a longer cruise with some relaxing sea days that allow you to enjoy the ambience of the ship.
Brooklyn, New York
1,164 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We will be first timers on Regent next year and found your review very helpful. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Snackdaddy

Snackdaddy has been cruising since 1982 and has sailed a total of 266 nights on:
Royal Caribbean=207 / Regent Seven Seas=42 / Disney=11 / Royal Majesty=3 / NCL=3

Future cruise(s):
2017 Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas 5 Night Bermuda (with our 4 year old grandson)
2018 Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas 12 Night Southern Caribbean (Family and Friends Cruise)
CA, USA
13,473 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
rwandmw,

As with everyone else, thanks for the great review. The only comment II have is that all your concerns about things you did not know suck as air deviation fees or credits and hotel credits could have been easily dealt with had you used a knowledgeable TA. You should consider this for your next cruise.
Cleveland, TN
276 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by wripro
rwandmw,

As with everyone else, thanks for the great review. The only comment II have is that all your concerns about things you did not know suck as air deviation fees or credits and hotel credits could have been easily dealt with had you used a knowledgeable TA. You should consider this for your next cruise.
Thanks, everyone. I hope it helps the newbies especially!

Yes, wripro, that's why I suggested in my review that everyone should use a good TA! Thanks for the note!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

183 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Great Review. Seemed very balanced and fair. I've used Rome Cabs in the past and they are a first class operation. Glad to hear nothing has changed! I too booked thru Regent for our cruise (next year) but I am thinking of seeing if I can switch to an agent. The agent I booked thru at Regent has already left Regent to go to Oceania. I only booked thru them direct because I felt somewhat obligated to her since she was so nice leading up to the booking. So much for that!

Again enjoyed the review and I'm a newbie to Regent.
3,036 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Very fine review-- thanks for taking the time to post.

stjohnrocks: Yes, you definitely can switch to a TA. I always book with Regent, then later switch the booking to TA-- no problem at all. And YES, St John definitely rocks! (We spend 12 days there every early December-- as good snorkeling as we've had anywhere!)
Cleveland, TN
276 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by eneri59
I enjoyed your review and it's balanced approach. Tell me about your evenings on board the Mariner.
We were so tired from our excursions each day that it was good for us to even make it to dinner most nights! We went to Compass Rose twice, La Veranda twice, Prime7 once, room service twice and cancelled our Signatures reservation.

After dinner, we'd go to the Observation Lounge and have drinks, where we met some really nice folks and the service and drinks were always great, as were the views. Our favorite evening was when we were docked in Monaco. It was absolutely gorgeous. We would sit there and always be surprised when we looked at a clock finally and it would be really late!

We never even really talked about going to any of the shows although I heard a lot of people say they enjoyed them. We left two small children at home and most of the time we just wanted relaxation and quiet time I guess!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Naples, FL
222 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have been mostly delighted with Regent and have enjoyed many aspects of cruising with them. We've a had a couple of little things we've been disappointed in, but mostly they've met our expectations.
Heidelberg - Germany
460 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by mythologist
but mostly they've met our expectations.
And I've met a lot of very nice people on this cruise ...