Capital Jazz Supercruise 2012

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Theme Cruises
Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:12 AM.
Carolina
8,692 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Evening Fellow Jazz Lovers! How's everyone doing tonight?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2/10/18 Summit (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
10/29/17 Vista (Halloween)
10/29/16 Conquest (Halloween)
2/21/16 Eurodam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
9/19/15 Victory (5 days with friends)
1/8/15 Eurodam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
11/8/14 Breeze (Feelin' the Breeze Part 2)
1/12/14 Eurodam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
10/10/13 Victory B2B (Victory is Mine)[/font]
1/13/13 Westerdam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
11/24/12 Breeze (Feelin' the Breeze)
1/15/12 Westerdam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
12/4/11 Miracle (x-mas on the beach)
1/16/11 Noordam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
9/18/10 Fantasy
9/20/09 Sensation
11/08 Westerdam (Dave Koz & Friends)
2008 Caribbean Princess
10/2/06 Celebration
10/9/05 Destiny
2002 Costa Cruise Line
Las Vegas
106 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Originally posted by hattack
Strongly suggest you come in on friday and stay at the host hotel...Capital Jazz hosts a really nice pre cruise party with food and music ....since this is your first time, the key is to pace yourself and plan a 30 minute nap or downtime during the day so you can hang out all night and last for the 8 days...take monday following the cruise off from work so you can catch up on your rest...we have 4 days at sea, which means there will be 4 noon time concerts on the lido deck...for chuck brown two years ago, folks were getting their seats by 8 am...same for frankie beverly last year....with planning you will be able to see all of the artists, plus every year there are unannounced surprises....the midnight jam sessions are incredible and 70's night will keep you in stiches with the outfits
This is a very laid back, relaxing cruise with 3000+ music fans like yourself...folks are mellow and alot of fun...it is open seating for dinner so you can meet different folks from all over the world every night...don't be surprise if you see George Clinton and P-Funk do a song with Three Mo Tenors.....when we are in port there are no music activities planned until later in the day..FourPlay performed at 4 pm when we were scheduled to sail at 6 pm out of Cozumel...nice way to end the day
One of my favorite activities is watching the reaction of cruisers from other ships when we are in a port at the same time and they find out what an incredible time we are having
Hi , my friends and missed out on being able to attend this year, but can you give me an idea of the pricing so we can begin planning for next year?

Any info would be great, thanks
533 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by Storm730
Hi , my friends and missed out on being able to attend this year, but can you give me an idea of the pricing so we can begin planning for next year?

Any info would be great, thanks
If you Google Capital Jazz the website for the cruise has posted next year's itinerary. The prices are not posted. Last year we got a suite it was $3500 per person. If I remember correctly insides were $1800-2000 per person. Of course prices vary based on room category. Don't hold me to the quota. The price increases monthly after it starts open booking. We booked Jan of 2011 for October's cruise. They began booking for this years cruise last Nov. Hope this info helps.
Omaha, NE
49 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
I can't remember the exact pricing but I know for this year's cruise I paid $300 deposit and $1,995 for an oceanview cabin in January.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Virginia
5 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Hi MS411! If you are still unhappy about going on the cruise I am looking for someone who wants to cancel. How much did you pay for your cabin and are you sharing a cabin? I am trying to get a cabin by myself and seriously want to get on the ship. I am on the waiting list, however, I didn't get on the waiting list until two months after it sold out. My email address is [email protected]. Please let me know something if you want to get out of going on the October Capital Jazz Supercruise.
5,713 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Rebecca, unfortunately I'm sailing with 2 other ladies, and unless they all want to cancel, too, I have to honor my commitment to them.

They have, however, expressed dissatification with Capital Jazz's customer service, especially after one of them went to the Capital Jazz fest, so they may be open to cancelling. I'll run it past them and see what they say. We booked a 3-person inside cabin, and you should be able to find our rate on the site, but Capital Jazz might not offer you the same rate since you'd be booking late.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Fathom Adonia to Dominican Republic May 7, 2017
Carolina
8,692 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Evening Fellow Jazz Lovers! How's everyone doing tonight?. I'm looking forward to the Smooth Jazz Cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

9/18/10 Fantasy
9/20/09 Sensation
2008 Caribbean Princess
10/2/06 Celebration
10/9/05 Destiny
2002 Costa Cruise Line
Virginia
5 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Thanks MS411 for your reply. I am on the waiting list and received an email from them. They have had some slots open up and have several cabins for purchase, so I should be able to get on the cruise! This would be my third one and I have never had a problem with their accounting as far as payments or balances. Just try to be patient and I'm sure everything will work out! Rebecca
5,713 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Rebecca, hope you can make it! My roommates didn't pay by the 15th deadline, so I hope our cabin isn't one that opened up.

Their system doesn't handle individual payments well if you're sharing a cabin. I'll just be glad when this is over.

We're planning our excursions now. Island tour on Antigua with beach stop, art gallery tour in St Maarten and Segway, but still trying to figure what to do in St Lucia. If any of these appeal to you, you're welcome to join us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
20 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by Ms411
As much as possible, I try to book direct. Contacted Capt Alan in St Martin for boat snorkel trips. Haven't decided on others yet.
Hi, I'm a newbie to the cruise critic roll calls..forum..blog..threads . I'm sailing on the CJSC 2012. I see you posted that you've contacted Capt. Alan in St. Martin for snorkeling. I know the excursions are not available on the Carnival website yet but I'm interested in seeing what's available outside of carnival. I haven't decided if I want to snorkel or scuba dive yet. Do you have a number or website for Capt. Alan? Just want to check the details.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Soukous SAILED on Carnival Liberty 10-23-2010
Capital Jazz Super Cruise... Great Smooth Jazz and Cool Soul
20 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
As much as possible, I try to book direct. Contacted Capt Alan in St Martin for boat snorkel trips. Haven't decided on others yet.
Title should read... St. Martin .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,713 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Soukous, I typed a very long and detailed response, and when I tried to upload, got a message from cruisecritic saying there was an error. So for now, I'm only posting Captain Alan's contact, though I had LOTS of other info!

http://www.captainalan.com/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
20 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Ms411, Thank you for sending me Captain Alan's website. I reserved the 6 hour special for 10/25. The reviews are very good and I think it will be a great excursion.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carolina
8,692 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

9/18/10 Fantasy
9/20/09 Sensation
2008 Caribbean Princess
10/2/06 Celebration
10/9/05 Destiny
2002 Costa Cruise Line
5,713 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Soukous, you're welcome! It's a good thing you booked early, because the Freedom of the Seas will also be in port in St Maarten when we're there. I've been posting in their Roll Call and many have made excursion reservations.

I don't think I'll be able to do Captain Alan, though, because my cabinmates want to do an Art Gallery Tour, and they might need me so they can meet the minimum. I'm going to snorkel in Antigua as part of a tour we're doing, so I'll get to see some underwater creatures hopefully. We're also going horseback riding on St Maarten. And the Segway!

Viva, thanks for the 4th of July greeting. Love it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Maryland
8 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Hello all 2012 Super Jazz Cruiser's,

as we near our well anticipated Jazz Cruise, I just wanted to pass along a tour that my husband and I are doing while docked in Antigua. We will be taking the Full Canopy Tour and Challenge Course (11 Ziplines +) with the Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tours Co. This particular tour has been highly recommended from previous guest via reviews on Trip Advisor. If you are interested, please visit antiguarainforest.com for more information and booking. Mr. Rod Samuels will be more than happy to accomodate you with this tour or other offered tours as well, also, he offers a 10% discount if you book online/email. Just passing along information, Enjoy.

Nicole
5,713 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Glad to see more activity in this forum, and love hearing about excursions. We've booked an island tour for both Antigua and St Lucia.

We're trying to book an Art Gallery tour in St Martin, since that's something I haven't seen offered on other islands. We need one more person, though, to meet the 4 person minimum. If anybody's interested, I'll post the details.

Anybody considering staying on the ship for the next week to rest up?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
14 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
OMG...YOU STILL HERE COMPLAINING..getalife.com

vivavegas, great minds drink alike!

BTW, it's been 48 hours since I sent an e-mail asking Capital Jazz for a corrected invoice. No response.