Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Family Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Family Cruises Cruising with kids? Best Family Cruise Advice
Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Resources
Traveling with kids? Best Family Travel Advice
Family Vacation Critic's Family Travel Site

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOf3Princesses View Post
This is the one i am looking at also...my 2 yo is as big as a 4yo and weighs 40 lb!!! If ypure not picky about the color Target website has them for about $50.
We have the Jet and really like it. I wish it would recline a little bit more, but DD isn't really a stroller sleeper anyway so it isn't a huge deal for us. It folds up small and I love the parent console. It has three cup holders and a nice spot to put your phone, keys, wallet, etc. The basket isn't huge, and sometimes it's hard to fit things in it, but it's better than no basket!

Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollster8 View Post
We have the Jet and really like it. I wish it would recline a little bit more, but DD isn't really a stroller sleeper anyway so it isn't a huge deal for us. It folds up small and I love the parent console. It has three cup holders and a nice spot to put your phone, keys, wallet, etc. The basket isn't huge, and sometimes it's hard to fit things in it, but it's better than no basket!
How big is your child that rides in the Jet?
2005 Imagination (cancelled due to Katrina)
2004 Navigator of the Seas
2002 Norweign Star
2000 Carnival Elation
199? Imagination
1993 Celebration
1991 Carnival Fantasy

Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just back from the Sea Princess (Alaska). I'm very glad I took the stroller for my almost two year old. Some nights she was just in a spazzy mood and it was nice to have some containment of her. Also it was easy to get her down for a nap by just touring her around the ship.
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 2004 Mexico
Diamond Princess 2007 Alaska
Celebrity Infinity 2009 Alaska
Sea Princess 2012 Alaska

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Definitely not an issue of taking a stroller...i have never vacationed without one...but which stroller. Only been on 1 cruise with our kids and we took a cheapie and it was too uncomfortable for me and the kids!
With the space restrictions of a cruise ship i know my Trevi will be too bulky, so i ordered the Ignite from Babys First Years. Only $50 at Target site and goes up to 50 lb so should last us at least the next few years.
2002 Norweign Star
2000 Carnival Elation
199? Imagination
1993 Celebration
1991 Carnival Fantasy

Old July 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was also wondering whether to bring a stroller - will definitely bring one after reading this post. I've been looking for an inexpensive lightweight umbrella stroller that reclines for my 2 yo for our first cruise in a few weeks. I'm looking at the BabiesRUs deluxe umbrella stroller or the Lamaze LS 50. Anyone have either of these?

Old July 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Babys First Years Ignite Stroller

I just got my Ignite stroller delivered...it is the nicest lightweight/umbrella stroller that i have seen for the price! It drives so smooth like my full size more expensive stroller. I measured the wheels and at their widest point they are 18 inches. I pushed my 2 yo (40lb) , my 5 yo (48 lb) and my 8 yo (80 lb) around the house on wood and carpet floors all fit comfortably and stroller pushes fine and turns easily with all of them. Stroller is rated up to 50lb...so i probably wont use it with my 8 yo, but i will give a report after our cruise in 12 days!
2002 Norweign Star
2000 Carnival Elation
199? Imagination
1993 Celebration
1991 Carnival Fantasy

Old July 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have taken our Maclaren on several cruises, trips to disney, EVERYWHERE for the past 5 years. It is a rock, super comfortable, super light: I can't say enough good things about it.

Old July 9th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies_mom View Post
We have taken our Maclaren on several cruises, trips to disney, EVERYWHERE for the past 5 years. It is a rock, super comfortable, super light: I can't say enough good things about it.
We love our maclaren and are excited to cruise with it. It's such a nice change to travel with a great umbrella stroller instead of the carseat and stroller frame. And much easier to steer and navigate (and store)
2012: Norwegian Star - Western Caribbean
2010: Splendour of the Seas - Mediterranean

Old July 9th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOf3Princesses View Post
How big is your child that rides in the Jet?
She's 1, and about 21 lbs, and is tall for her age (83rd percentile). There's still plenty of room for her to grow, as well. We are cruising in November and plan to use it then.

Old July 9th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry I took so long to reply :/. I'm glad you like your Ignite! Sometimes I wish I would have gotten it, but we were tight for cash at the time.

Old July 10th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

We have a Chicco Liteway Stroller that we took on NCL Star back in January when our son was 8 months old. We use it EVERYWHERE and will be taking it on our next cruise in February. It's super lightweight, folds up like an umbrella stroller (with carrying handle on side), reclines flat, has adjustable sun shade and has storage underneath that can be taken out and used as a drawstring backpack. We were even able to sit his carrier/carseat into it and secure it with velcro straps. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight stroller.

Here's a link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-0506088...+stroller+surf

Old July 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

I brought a volo off OC Craigslist for our cruise. I am hoping 2.5 year old DD won't need it, but for the price it was worth it to get it just in case.

Old July 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisegirl06 View Post
We love our maclaren and are excited to cruise with it. It's such a nice change to travel with a great umbrella stroller instead of the carseat and stroller frame. And much easier to steer and navigate (and store)
We love our McClaren too! Been to Disney and will go on the cruise.
Majesty of the Seas, 1998
Explorer of the Seas, 2001
Celebrity Horizon, 2004
Adventure of the Seas, 2006
Allure of the Seas, 2012
Allure of the Seas, 2013

Old July 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

We took a stroller on Disney cruise, and someone took it from the port - we left it in a "safe" corral to take a submarine tour.
It was returned later by the staff, but made a difficult day in port.
MAKE SURE YOU LABLE YOUR STROLLER - put your cabin number (luggage tag will do) on the stroller, and a travel luggage tag with your home address as well. You will not be allowed to leave it in the hall, or on a balcony - fire hazards - ours ended up in the bathtub at night - easier than tripping over it all night

Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are taking our almost 3yr old and 10 month old in November and we are thinking of taking 2 strollers. the 2nd mainly for port with our 3yr old. We have an I'coo Pluto which i've used as our stroller since my first was a baby and I love it. Its lightweight fully reclines folds up little. THen we purchased a Joovy Kooper for a 2nd one and I like it as well. Has a nice canopy and a huge under storage basket. Folds up small and is fairly lightweight as well.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have a black Chicco Carpri umbrella stroller (like this http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Capri-L...hicco+stroller). It's really lightweight and great for those times you don't need/want a big bulky stroller. We're taking it on our cruise in October for our 1 year old (she'll be about 18 months when we cruise). My 2.5 year old still rides in it occasionally and she's pretty tall for her age and over 30lb. It's a great little stroller and came with a bag to carry it in.