Oceania or Azamara in Asia

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Luxury Cruising
Is it a state of mind?
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:25 AM.
146 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
My husband is reluctant to go to Asia , unless we do so as a cruise.

I am looking at Oceania or Azamara. I would like to do both China and Japan. I know that Viking does River Cruises, but I have heard that the Yanzte is not a first priority in Asia.

Advice, please.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
sjoantwe
Carnival 98
Windstar 99
RCCL 02
Washington State
21,251 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Azamara and Oceania are premium rather than luxury cruise lines. For comparison purposes, I would ask this question on both the Azamara and Oceania boards. Also suggest that you check out reviews of both cruise lines. Both Azamara and Oceania have wonderful reputations.

After making those comparisons, compare them to Regent (a luxury all-inclusive cruise line). Take the cost of sailing on Azamara/Oceania and deduct the cost of tips, alcohol, most excursions and, if applicable, air fare since Regent includes all of these items. Regent also has considerably larger suites. For the same or slightly higher cost, you can be on a true luxury cruise line. It is certainly worth checking out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tolerance, compromise, understanding, acceptance, patience - I want those all to be very sharp tools in my shed.
Total nights: Regent = 365 / Silversea = 36 / Oceania = 26 (Upcoming 84 nights: 1 Explorer, 2 Voyager and 2 Mariner)

Sailings per ship: Explorer (4), Voyager (11), Mariner (9), Navigator (3), PG (1), Silver Spirit (1), Silver Whisper (1), Silver Shadow (1), Oceania Riviera (2)

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (2 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Barcelona - Miami / Cape Town – Rio (2 sailings) / Cape Town - Cape Town / E. & W. Caribbean (4 sailings) / CHRISTENING CRUISE - Explorer - Monte Carlo-Monte Carlo / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Istanbul / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona 2 sailings) / Miami-Miami (Amazon) / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Rome to Lisbon / Singapore to Sydney / Stockholm - Copenhagen / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo