Which cruise line(s) do you prefer as a solo?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:35 PM.
Rockwall, Texas
204 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by tontok
I just booked a last minute solo cruise on RCI 12 day Med and leave in a few weeks. This is my first cruise where the airfare is more than the cruise!

I have completed 2 solo cruises and both have been with DCL. The first cruise was a Med cruise where I met a bunch of other solos and had a wonderful time. This was actually the best vacation I have ever had. Met alot of really friendly people who I still keep in touch with.

Then I booked a DCL solo cruise to Alaska (my second cruise to Alaska). This trip was not so great. Just met a few solos and not my type. The people I met (even on the roll calls) tended to stick together.
Hi tontok,

Which sailing will you be on? I am looking at Serenade in July. Will be solo myself.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming cruises -

RCCL Adventure-5/13/17 & 5/20/17, first back-to-back!
RCCL Vision-1/3/18
Celebrity Millennium-6/9/18, Alaska Cruisetour

Happy to have sailed -

Celebrity: Constellation-7/15

RCCL: Liberty-1/2/17; Liberty-1/3/16; Jewel-3/15; Navigator-12/14; Independence-3/14; Allure-9/13; Navigator-12/12; Serenade-8/12; Freedom-5/12, 3/12, 6/10, 9/09; Rhapsody-3/07, 3/04; Grandeur-3/03

Princess: Caribbean Princess-2/08
New York
2,350 Posts
Joined May 2010
I've sailed solo 3 times on NCL. One of those times on the Epic in a studio cabin. I was quite comfortable each time, as I travel alone often enough.

On the Epic though there is definitely a lot more effort put into solo activities and get-togethers. I like being able to eat alone or with some people that I meet and want to have a meal with, their set up allows for both which I like.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My blog has thousands of photos of recent trips!

Contact Facebook Twitter Instagram Flickr Google+

Interview with Captain Mikael Hilden - NEW -Norwegian Breakaway
Interview with Captain Evans Hoyt - Norwegian Breakaway
Interview with Captain Lars Bergstrom
Interview with Captain Kim Karlsson
Interview with Captain Kenneth Harstrom
Interview with Captain Hakan Svedung

Norwegian Breakaway Waterpark Video

San Diego, California
362 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
All of my cruises so far have been solo and they have been aboard HAL and Carnival ships. As different as both cruise lines are, I can't say I have a favorite among the two, but I do enjoy both of them. My next cruise aboard Disney Wonder will also be solo, and I'm looking forward to it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Next Cruise: 21-day B2B on the paradise known as the Caribbean!

Future Cruises: TBA