Formal Night- Enchantment of the Seas/Thanksgiving?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Maryland
805 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Will be on the 7 nighter to the Bahamas over thanksgiving.

I thought formal nights were typically the 2nd and 5th nights.

But I am wondering if they will switch it to the 6th night since that is a sea day AND the thanksgiving holiday.

I am hoping to make a reservation in Chops for the 2nd formal night.

Is there anyway to check or do I have to guess?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ashley
3,722 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
We've been on five cruises over American T.Giving - 3 RCCI, 1 Celebrity, 1 NCL. On all but NCL, T.giving was considered a formal night. Can't say it ALWAYS happens, but that has been my experience.

RCCI and X both had special menus on T.Giving night (and considering that we never were seated with other Americans it always made for a good conversation)
Pasadena, MD
1,064 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
We were on the Grandeur which sailed out of Baltimore a couple of years ago for a 12 night during Thanksgiving and it was not. The menu selection was traditional, i.e. turkey and ham nothing fancy by any means, I was actually disappointed. Since there will only be two formal days on your cruise and the last being the lobster night my guess would be no. But it is just a guess. Not sure if C & A would be able to answer your question or not.
Maryland
805 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Thanks for the input guys. I guess for now, we'll plan on it being the 2nd and 5th nights with Thanksgiving (the 6th night) being a Thanksgiving dinner type thing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ashley