Beaches?? Help

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:10 AM.
#1
Staten Island, NY/Now in Charlotte, NC
409 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hi can anyone suggest a beach to go to in Belize that is safe and not to far from the pier where the tenders drop off?

Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Not every pit bull is a bad dog, not every lab is a good dog. You see some wonderful poodles walking down the sidewalk that will just eat your arm off if you stick your hand out.”

“Nothing in this world that’s worth having comes easy”

"Pitbulls aren't the problem...Stupid people are"

Sailings:
Star Princess, July 5th 2009, Alaska
NCL Jewel, June 5th 2010, FL and Bahamas
Caribbean Princess, June 4, 2011, Caribbean and Bermuda
Carnival Liberty, July 13, 2013, Western Caribbean
NCL Getaway, June 7, 2014, Eastern Caribbean

Upcoming
#2
Albany, New York
5,980 Posts
Joined May 2002
Belize has no beaches. You have to go to the barrier islands and the best way is with the cruise line.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival 13
Norwegian 7
Celebrity 4
Royal 3
Princess 2

#3
Staten Island, NY/Now in Charlotte, NC
409 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by runner15km
Belize has no beaches. You have to go to the barrier islands and the best way is with the cruise line.

Ok thanks for the information
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Not every pit bull is a bad dog, not every lab is a good dog. You see some wonderful poodles walking down the sidewalk that will just eat your arm off if you stick your hand out.”

“Nothing in this world that’s worth having comes easy”

"Pitbulls aren't the problem...Stupid people are"

Sailings:
Star Princess, July 5th 2009, Alaska
NCL Jewel, June 5th 2010, FL and Bahamas
Caribbean Princess, June 4, 2011, Caribbean and Bermuda
Carnival Liberty, July 13, 2013, Western Caribbean
NCL Getaway, June 7, 2014, Eastern Caribbean

Upcoming
#4
Mountain Home, Arkansas
3,981 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Bannister Island is nice. We went to Caye Caulker on our own and would recommend going with the ship tours. We almost missed the last water taxi.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Have a great trip and eat a shrimp or two for me.
Clackey

Celebration: Dec: 2002
Elation: Dec. 2003
Elation: Jan. 2005
Elation: Feb. 6, 2006
Grand Princess: Nov. 25, 2006
Splendour of the Seas: March 26, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 3, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 1, 2008
Valor: Nov. 29, 2009
Elation: Jan. 9, 2011
Valor: Jan. 29, 2012
Destiny: April 2012
Navigator of the Seas: Dec. 1, 2012
Victory May 13, 2013
Jewel: Dec. 8, 2013
Liberty of the Seas: Oct. 30 2016
#5
Langley B.C. Canada
2,525 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by clackey
Bannister Island is nice. We went to Caye Caulker on our own and would recommend going with the ship tours. We almost missed the last water taxi.
Clackey
I have ruled out the water taxi option to Caye Caulker as it seems a little too iffy for getting back on time without cutting into a good part of the day. Your experience has convinced me. Am still thinking to take an excursion such as Coral Breeze to Caye Caulker. Having gone to Caye Caulker on your own, did you think it is worth seeing? Did you do any snorkeling there...that is pretty much the reason why I would go.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Betty https://sharemytraveladventures.shutterfly.com/



2016 RV Mekong Prestige II - Cambodia & Vietnam Mekong
2015 Viking Idi - Rhine Getaway
2015 Coral I - Galapagos Western & Southeastern Islands
2013 RCI Voyager of the Seas - Exotic Asia
2013 HAL Veendam - Canada & New England
2012 NCL Star - Western Caribbean
2012 Celebrity Silhouette - Adriatic & Mediterranean
2012 Carnival Fantasy - Charleston, Key West & Bahamas
2011 Celebrity Millennium - Alaska
2010 Royal Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia
2009 Emerald Princess - Scandinavia & Russia
2009 Crown Princess - British Isles
2009 MS Royal Ruby - Nile River Cruise
2008 Grand Princess - Western Mediterranean
2008 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2007 Regal Princess - Panama Canal (cancelled at embarkation)
2006 Louis Pearl - Greece & Turkey
1996 RCI Song of Norway - Mexican Riviera
1987 Sun Princess - Eastern Caribbean
#6
Mountain Home, Arkansas
3,981 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by banditoo
Clackey
I have ruled out the water taxi option to Caye Caulker as it seems a little too iffy for getting back on time without cutting into a good part of the day. Your experience has convinced me. Am still thinking to take an excursion such as Coral Breeze to Caye Caulker. Having gone to Caye Caulker on your own, did you think it is worth seeing? Did you do any snorkeling there...that is pretty much the reason why I would go.
It is a quaint little place. The local resturant was good. Don't remember the name but it is right on the water a short walk from the taxi piers. We took a snorkle trip out to the reef and saw nice coral, lots of fish and a spotted ray. Then our guide took us to a sandy spot and we got to snorkel with the rays. We even had a pod of dolphens swim by while our guide was working on the outboard. Why I didn't grab my mask and go overboard is beyond me. I have regretted it every since.

There is some good snorkeling at what is called "The Split". You would have to ask the locals directions but it is accessable from the shore. A google will probably pull up more info on this.

We went to Bannister Isaland with Fab Tours on one cruise. The trip consisted of a short snorkel trip and then a stop at Bannister for R&R. I think that Fab has their own island and that Coral Breeze may do the Bannister trip now. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). The snorkeling in Belize and Honduras is some of the best that we have had.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Have a great trip and eat a shrimp or two for me.
Clackey

Celebration: Dec: 2002
Elation: Dec. 2003
Elation: Jan. 2005
Elation: Feb. 6, 2006
Grand Princess: Nov. 25, 2006
Splendour of the Seas: March 26, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 3, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 1, 2008
Valor: Nov. 29, 2009
Elation: Jan. 9, 2011
Valor: Jan. 29, 2012
Destiny: April 2012
Navigator of the Seas: Dec. 1, 2012
Victory May 13, 2013
Jewel: Dec. 8, 2013
Liberty of the Seas: Oct. 30 2016
#7
Langley B.C. Canada
2,525 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by clackey
It is a quaint little place. The local resturant was good. Don't remember the name but it is right on the water a short walk from the taxi piers. We took a snorkle trip out to the reef and saw nice coral, lots of fish and a spotted ray. Then our guide took us to a sandy spot and we got to snorkel with the rays. We even had a pod of dolphens swim by while our guide was working on the outboard. Why I didn't grab my mask and go overboard is beyond me. I have regretted it every since.

There is some good snorkeling at what is called "The Split". You would have to ask the locals directions but it is accessable from the shore. A google will probably pull up more info on this.

We went to Bannister Isaland with Fab Tours on one cruise. The trip consisted of a short snorkel trip and then a stop at Bannister for R&R. I think that Fab has their own island and that Coral Breeze may do the Bannister trip now. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). The snorkeling in Belize and Honduras is some of the best that we have had.
Snorkeling and shrimp...what more could I need! I'll be snorkeling in Roatan for sure so now have to decide whether to go to Caye Caulker or ruins in Belize. Am thinking to do the morning ruins tour in Costa Maya with an afternoon snorkel, so don't necessarily need to see other ruins but had heard the boat ride to the ruins in Belize was nice. Decisions to make...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Betty https://sharemytraveladventures.shutterfly.com/



2016 RV Mekong Prestige II - Cambodia & Vietnam Mekong
2015 Viking Idi - Rhine Getaway
2015 Coral I - Galapagos Western & Southeastern Islands
2013 RCI Voyager of the Seas - Exotic Asia
2013 HAL Veendam - Canada & New England
2012 NCL Star - Western Caribbean
2012 Celebrity Silhouette - Adriatic & Mediterranean
2012 Carnival Fantasy - Charleston, Key West & Bahamas
2011 Celebrity Millennium - Alaska
2010 Royal Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia
2009 Emerald Princess - Scandinavia & Russia
2009 Crown Princess - British Isles
2009 MS Royal Ruby - Nile River Cruise
2008 Grand Princess - Western Mediterranean
2008 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2007 Regal Princess - Panama Canal (cancelled at embarkation)
2006 Louis Pearl - Greece & Turkey
1996 RCI Song of Norway - Mexican Riviera
1987 Sun Princess - Eastern Caribbean
#8
Mountain Home, Arkansas
3,981 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by banditoo
Snorkeling and shrimp...what more could I need! I'll be snorkeling in Roatan for sure so now have to decide whether to go to Caye Caulker or ruins in Belize. Am thinking to do the morning ruins tour in Costa Maya with an afternoon snorkel, so don't necessarily need to see other ruins but had heard the boat ride to the ruins in Belize was nice. Decisions to make...
You might have to google, but Upachaya Resort on Roatan had a good snorkel trip. You need to book it early(like 2 months out) because they only take about 10 people at a time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Have a great trip and eat a shrimp or two for me.
Clackey

Celebration: Dec: 2002
Elation: Dec. 2003
Elation: Jan. 2005
Elation: Feb. 6, 2006
Grand Princess: Nov. 25, 2006
Splendour of the Seas: March 26, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 3, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 1, 2008
Valor: Nov. 29, 2009
Elation: Jan. 9, 2011
Valor: Jan. 29, 2012
Destiny: April 2012
Navigator of the Seas: Dec. 1, 2012
Victory May 13, 2013
Jewel: Dec. 8, 2013
Liberty of the Seas: Oct. 30 2016