posting pics in thread

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

194 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
I love reading reviews with pictures and would like to add some pics to the review I'm getting ready to post. Problem is, I don't know how to do that! Could someone give me a quick lesson? Thanks!
10,533 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
You can create a photobucket account; photobucket dot com Then you copy and paste the link from there. You can upload your personal pictures to your account, also then copy the link [starting with img] and paste it into the body of the post. Or, you can search photos on the site.

I usually have 2 browsers opened and a few or more tabs open on each, so I open bunches of sites at the same time and bounce back between pages. Hope that helps some, everyone computes a little differently.
North Ga
8,629 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
X 2 for photobucket! Best way IMO!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Holiday - 6/08
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/10
Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas - 2/11
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - 4/12
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 4/15
Carnival Magic - 5/16
Bunnell, FL 32110
12,967 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Once you get photo bucket signed up there are a few more things to consider.

From home, you can upload as many photos as you want to. (Onboard a ship it is one at a time) and then when you click on a photo it will bring it up full screen. It has a number of options once you mouse over the photo one of which is to resize. Set your photo size to 15" screen (800 x 600) so they will be the right size in the thread when you post them.

You are limited on CC to 6 photos per post (reply to thread)

When you mouse over the thumbnail of a photo in PhotoBucket, you will get a pop up window with four link options, select the Image Code, copy it and past it into your CC thread where you want it. then hit return twice to leave a blank space (one line) under the photo.

For lots of "How to" info, follow the link below to the Corvette Forum's Help Section and a fantastic thread on posting photos. CC and CF use the same software so it all works here.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...tep-guide.html

It take a bit of time to get it all working right...

Good Luck and happy posting!
Crystal River, FL
3,493 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Flickr too
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Curtis

"Wisdom is conspicuous through modesty & silence" - but it makes for a boring message board.

Photo Gallery - http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdanielfamily/
Learn About Me - http://www.about.me/curtisleedaniel

RCI - Majesty of the Seas 9/06 - Bahamas
RCI - Sovereign of the Seas 5/07 - Bahamas
RCI - Mariner of the Seas 9/07 - Western Caribbean
RCI - Mariner of the Seas 11/07 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI - Navigator of the Seas 3/08 - Western Caribbean
RCI - Mariner of the Seas 9/08 - Eastern Caribbean - We survived Hurricane Hanna!
RCI - Voyager of the Seas 11/08 - Western Mediterranean
RCI - Liberty of the Seas 9/09 - Eastern Caribbean -- Review
RCI - Monarch of the Seas 7/10 - Bahamas -- Review
RCI - Freedom of the Seas 8/10 - Eastern Caribbean / No Wait! It's Western Now. -- Review
RCI - Grandeur of the Seas 10/10 - Western Caribbean -- Review
RCI - Radiance of the Seas 12/10 - Western Caribbean -- Review
RCI - Jewel of the Seas 4/11 - Southern Caribbean -- Review
RCI - Freedom of the Seas 9/12 - Western Caribbean -- "First Family Cruise" -- Review
RCI - Navigator of the Seas 12/12 - Western Caribbean -- No Review
RCI - Oasis of the Seas 11/13 - Eastern Caribbean -- Review
RCI - Allure of the Seas 9/14 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI - Explorer of the Seas 11/14 - Southern Caribbean
Charlotte, NC
4,529 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
I use Webshots; it's very easy. First download your photos and create an album. Then you can post a link to your entire album as I have done in my signuature, or you can post a single photo like this: by opening the photo, clicking on "Link to this Picture", choose the size you want (this one is 200), choose "Post in a Forum", and copy and paste.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Click here for my Carnival Ecstasy review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2473715

Past & Upcoming Cruises
Admiral Cruises Emerald Seas ~ 1990 & 1991
Carnival Destiny ~ 2007
Carnival Ecstasy ~ 2017
Carnival Fantasy ~ 1993, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Carnival Liberty ~ 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 (2X),
Carnival Paradise ~ 2003
Carnival Triumph ~ 2003, 2004
Celebrity Century ~ 2002
Celebrity Horizon ~ 2005
Celebrity Reflection ~ 2016
Celebrity Summit ~ 2009
Crown Princess ~ 2009, 2015
Dolphin Cruise Lines Dolphin ~ 1992
Golden Princess ~ 2006, 2011
Norwegian Norway ~ 2001
Norwegian Pride of America ~ 2007
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas ~ 2015, 2016
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas ~ 2013
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas ~ 1998, 1999, 2000
Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas ~ 2010, 2017
Star Princess ~ 2005
Up North and Down South, UK
17,008 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
I link to my pics on Facebook : right click the pic, copy the pic URL, click the little yellow square with what looks like a mountain inside at the top of the CC message, paste the URL in there. Click OK. Voila!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda

September 2nd 2017 : 'Rock the Boat' Cruise : CMV Magellan : Roll Call here

Bit of a blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017 here

Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016 here

Blogs in profile from Rhapsody (includes India), Legend (Baltics), Oasis (Mediterranean), Freedom (Caribbean) and others.
589 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
thanks, does flickr work in a similar fashion (ie, copy link and paste in forum). How do people upload from their camera on the ship? There are no usb connections on the ships computers?
Gibraltar
1,525 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by bionicman97
Flickr too

I couldn't get my pictures to post using my
Flickr account. I was right disappointed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ollie, Bert and their Mum

Voyager of the Seas July 2006 Western Med 2292
Jewel of the Seas July 2007 Baltic -cant remember the stateroom, I just remember that we had a brilliant time!
Adventure of the Seas July 2010 Western Med 7289
Liberty of the Seas July 2011 Western Med 7331 and 7329
Adventure of the Seas July 2012 Western Med (they just get better) 6616
Norwegian Epic July 2013 - Western Med well at least we are going on a different line this time 9191
Norwegian Epic April 2016 11079 Western Med the Spring weather made this birthday cruise great
Next cruise Norwegian Epic October 2017 - to celebrate our anniversary
Leeds, UK
1,496 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by ollienbertsmum
I couldn't get my pictures to post using my
Flickr account. I was right disappointed.
If you click on the image in your Flickr photostream, and then right click on the picture and click on the size you want to insert, then right click on the image that comes up and click 'copy image URL'. Paste this into the insert image box on CC.

This is all using Chrome by the way, which you should be using if you aren't. It is easily the best browser.

So as an example, pasting the URL of this page: http:[email protected]/7480606020/ Will not work. What you need to paste is the direct URL of the image itself, so this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7252/7...e6a662ae_c.jpg

When I put the first link in, you get this:

Putting the second link in, you get this:

Photobucket is actually pretty bad, since there is a daily view limit on the photo. If it is a popular thread, you might reach the limit quickly. Flickr has no such limit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises:
Anthem of the Seas 14 Nights Italian Mediterranean 1st September 2015
Emerald Princess 14 Nights Mediterranean Adventurer 12th July 2014
Independence of the Seas 14 nights Spanish Mediterranean 27th July 2013
Independence of the Seas 14 nights Italian Mediterranean 28th July 2012
Ventura 14 nights Western Mediterranean 30th July 2011
Independence of the Seas 14 nights Italian Mediterranean 17th July 2010
589 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Here is my first attempt at posting a flickr photo. I was not given the option on right click. Instead the flickr FAQ said you have to go to share above the photo and then choose grab the link. But when I do that it does not give me any size options. It does give me size options when I go to share, grab the HTML/BBC.

589 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
HEre is my second attempt. It worked however, it doesn't seem right. I had to go to photo stream, then click share, then click "grab HTML/BBC code", however the url string was much longer than it should be, I had to delete everything before "htpp://farm7..." and I had to delete everything after ".jpg". I still don't think I am doing things correctly.

Leeds, UK
1,496 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by jwith2boys
HEre is my second attempt. It worked however, it doesn't seem right. I had to go to photo stream, then click share, then click "grab HTML/BBC code", however the url string was much longer than it should be, I had to delete everything before "htpp://farm7..." and I had to delete everything after ".jpg". I still don't think I am doing things correctly.
Ok, ignore everything I have said. Thanks to you I found the easier method. On the share option, go to Grab the HTML/BBCode. You then need to select BBCode at the bottom. Then select the size you want from the drop-down menu, and copy and paste everything in the box into the comment. Do not use the insert image option, just copy and paste directly into your comment.

The string it gives you is not a link, it is board code. Everything in the box is required.
Fife, Scotland
4,109 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by littlesteelo
Ok, ignore everything I have said. Thanks to you I found the easier method. On the share option, go to Grab the HTML/BBCode. You then need to select BBCode at the bottom. Then select the size you want from the drop-down menu, and copy and paste everything in the box into the comment. Do not use the insert image option, just copy and paste directly into your comment.

The string it gives you is not a link, it is board code. Everything in the box is required.
Perfect. Thanks for that Never done that before. Pic is Adventure in Ajaccio

Alex
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alex..

Fife, Scotland
4,109 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
That was size 640. Pic is Valencia Aquatic Center from Aos.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alex..