Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcruzin View Post
Yes I did misinterpret your post. Here is the thing with window suites. They are not very popular because they don't have a balcony. A person who booked the least expensive balcony could possibly be upgraded however they may consider that a down grade. How are the other categories selling? They may have raised the price of the window suite to fill those first. Last year I had the opportunity to book a window suite on a 7 day Carribean cruise for only $749. It was a reposition cruise positioning to New York. Unfortunately I had another commitment that week so I couldn't take advantage of that offer. Being that reposition cruises are not popular bookings and the fact that it was a Caribbean itinerary the window suite didn't sell which explains the drop in price
WOW! $749! What a deal for the right person. We have never had a balcony so when we decided last year to take an Alaskan cruise and discovered window suites we figured let's go for it. We loved it and also loved the location. Now that we are planning on going to NE/Canada we were pleasantly surprised to find that ship the CB had window suites too. ( I hear only about 3 ships have them). It is port intensive so a balcony not so important to us (you don't miss what you don't have). Future cruises will be a let down because we probably won't be able to afford a suite with balcony. Loved breakfast in Sabatini's!

Carnival Mardi Gras 4/1988
NCL Norway 8/1990
Carnival Sensation 8/1996
Carnival Sensation 4/9/2000
Carnival Paradise 2/1/2002
Carnival Triumph 1/31/2004
Carnival Paradise - 14 day Panama Canal 9/6/2004
Golden Princess 6/9/2012

Caribbean Princess 9/21/2013

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickinson View Post
WOW! $749! What a deal for the right person. We have never had a balcony so when we decided last year to take an Alaskan cruise and discovered window suites we figured let's go for it. We loved it and also loved the location. Now that we are planning on going to NE/Canada we were pleasantly surprised to find that ship the CB had window suites too. ( I hear only about 3 ships have them). It is port intensive so a balcony not so important to us (you don't miss what you don't have). Future cruises will be a let down because we probably won't be able to afford a suite with balcony. Loved breakfast in Sabatini's!
I only booked a balcony once and hardly used it. I usually book an obstructed view just for light but when I saw the Price of the WS which was on the CB I wanted to book it soooo bad.

Carnival Holiday 1986
Crown Princess 1991
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 2001
Caribbean Princess 2006,2008,2009,2010
Celebrity Summit 2013

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Can't wait til I retire and we can cruise when a good deal comes up! When we planned our Alaska cruise it was going to be our first one with a balcony. While planning I read a long thread about the window suites. My dh and I discussed it and decided to do that instead of the balcony as the price for the category of balcony I wanted (mid ship with cabins above and below) was slightly higher than the WS!. It wasn't bad at all going up on deck to get a panoramic view of the scenery! We loved the WS and the perks that came with it.

Carnival Mardi Gras 4/1988
NCL Norway 8/1990
Carnival Sensation 8/1996
Carnival Sensation 4/9/2000
Carnival Paradise 2/1/2002
Carnival Triumph 1/31/2004
Carnival Paradise - 14 day Panama Canal 9/6/2004
Golden Princess 6/9/2012

Caribbean Princess 9/21/2013

Old August 1st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were booked in 2 AD minis for CB out of San Juan in January. Right before final payment, the window suites went on sale for $999, which was cheaper than the minis! We loved the window suites; the floor plan is roomier and nicely laid out. Since there was only one sea day during the week, we found having no balcony was no problem, esp. Since the promenade deck was so close.

We were booked for the CB Bermuda and repositioning cruise in Oct./Nov in AD minis (btb 4/10 day). The recent Sun-Drenched sale offered a 14-day Caribbean (btb 7/7) 12/1-15 on the Grand and we were able to get Vista D736 for about $200/person more than the repo. That was a deal price I have never seen before -- almost a 2-for-1 sale! Yes, we lost some $ on the ticket changes, but it was worth it! I love the atmosphere on the ship right before Christmas, and we have stayed in that suite on the Grand before, and we consider it our favorite. The balcony is wonderful!

Last edited by momK; August 1st, 2012 at 09:29 PM.