Casino "Vault"

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:01 AM.
#82
Minutes from Pt. Canaveral !!
21,044 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Originally posted by dotheyes
What does it cost to play?
For the small cost of one dollar, you too can have a chance at cash and great prizes.

But, if you act now and are one of the first one hundred million contestants, for $10 you will receive not one but TEN chances to win these great prizes!

Tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
>CRUISE PHOTOS: Smugmug


Upcoming 2017: ESCAPE... 2018: ESCAPE,INFINITY... 2019: BLISS... 2020: A cruise on the EDGE or BEYOND
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
101 cruises – 495 days at sea ---- Carnival: 67 cruises (Diamond), Celebrity: 15 (Elite Plus), NCL: 8 (Gold), RCI: 6 (Diamond), HAL: 1, Princess: 1, Others: 3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ships sailed (in order of first time on each): STATENDAM (1966!), SENSATION (1999), FANTASY, PRIDE, INSPIRATION, GLORY, LEGEND, MIRACLE, IMAGINATION, SOVEREIGN, CENTURY, CONSTELLATION, FREEDOM, DREAM, SOLSTICE, SKY, DESTINY, EPIC, VALOR, PEARL, ECLIPSE, MILLENNIUM, LIBERTY, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS, REFLECTION, ALLURE, BREEZE, OASIS, ENCHANTMENT, BREAKAWAY, SUNSHINE, CONQUEST, EQUINOX
#83
29,351 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Tom-n-Cheryl
For the small cost of one dollar, you too can have a chance at cash and great prizes.

But, if you act now and are one of the first one hundred million contestants, for $10 you will receive not one but TEN chances to win these great prizes!

Tom
A bargain at twice the price. And if you put in a mere 20 bucks you double your chances of winning
#84
Greenville, SC
242 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by Carpe-Diem
Just returned from a B2B on the Glory. The Casino Vault game is a major rip off. I never once played it but found it interesting how Carnival would take one iPad and some money out of the machine halfway through each cruise to give the appearance that someone won something. If people are winning as Carnival says they are, that means on back to back cruises on the Glory, they gave away 2 iPads and about $3000 in 9 days.
Just got back off the dream and witnessed a lucky lady win an I pad then put another dollar in and win a stack of cash! So people do win just not you or ME for that matter lol I should mention she did it with just 2 dollars some people have all the luck
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fantasy 6/2005
Carnival Fascination 6/2008
Carnival Fascination 4/2009
Carnival Imagination 9/2009
Carnival Triumph 2/07/2010
Carnival Imagination 5/2010
Carnival Elation 9/2010
RCCL Majesty of the Seas 11/2010
Carnival Destiny 3/2011
Carnival Imagination 11/28/2011
Carnival Dream 3/17/2012---Platinum!!!!
Carnival Destiny 9/27/2012
#85
Astoria, NY
14,210 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Originally posted by mkluvs2cruise
Just got back off the dream and witnessed a lucky lady win an I pad then put another dollar in and win a stack of cash! So people do win just not you or ME for that matter lol I should mention she did it with just 2 dollars some people have all the luck
This would speak against the person who said the machine pays zero until a certain amount is fed in and supports my theory that the whole thing is controled by the random number generator.
#86
So Cal
578 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
We just got off the Splendor yesterday and I believe the game is rigged so that it won't allow a winner until more money has been put in than is given out, way more! So, it's really not a game of skill as it is portrayed to be and thus is a rip-off in my opinion. I'm pretty good at games like this and I came millimeters close on my 20 attempts and as one man watching me said, the machine continued to move even after I released the ball. We do know first hand of a $1000 winner and a cash/iPad winner so it will pay out eventually, but only after a tidy profit is first guaranteed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Imagination - Mexico 02/14
Carnival Splendor - Mexico 07/12
HAL Oosterdam - Alaska 06/12
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam - Caribbean 02/11
Sapphire Princess - Alaska 07/10
Carnival Elation - Mexico 07/00
REVIEW: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=81642
#87
Houston
997 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
I won an IPad and $500 on Christmas Day on one of these machines on the Magic. They are fun to play. And I only put in $10.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jubilee-09/1993
Conquest-07/04/2004
Conquest-07/08/2006
Ecstacy-11/10/2008
Ecstacy-01/22/2011
Magic-12/18/2011
Elation-08/20/2012
Conquest-03/10/2013
Triumph-08/03/2013
Conquest-09/09/2013
Magic-03/09/2014
Glory-10/4/2014
Freedom-01/21/2016
Vista-06/11/2016

#88
29,351 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by yogimax
This would speak against the person who said the machine pays zero until a certain amount is fed in and supports my theory that the whole thing is controled by the random number generator.
Why not ask John He will certainly give us a brilliant answer
#89
Missouri
161 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by yogimax
This would speak against the person who said the machine pays zero until a certain amount is fed in and supports my theory that the whole thing is controled by the random number generator.
You forget the part about the rung / row programming as different values. Each value is tracked individually by the machine. Not the machine as a whole. It does not have a "random number generator".

It is possible ( rare but possible ) to win on one row and then on another on the next play.

#90
Texas
227 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by DGP1111
Carnival Dream??

.
Magic...thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Christopher

Future
12/13/15 Magic - Western Caribbean

Past
02/02/14 Valor - San Juan, Puerto Rico
07/06/13 Liberty - Eastern Caribbean
02/03/13 Legend - Western Caribbean - PLATINUM
12/21/12 Imagination - Bahamas
02/05/12 Magic - Western Caribbean
02/20/11 Conquest - Western Caribbean
10/18/09 Splendor - Mexican Riviera
06/14/09 Legend - Western Caribbean
02/22/09 Valor - Eastern Caribbean
02/17/08 Conquest - Western Caribbean
04/16/06 Conquest - Western Caribbean
11/19/01 Ecstasy - Catalina/Ensenada

#91
Indiana
126 Posts
Joined May 2012
When we were on Paradise in May, we could always tell when someone was playing. The crowd would just keep growing with each dollar pumped into it. The thing I found interesting is that the crowd really wants to see the player to win because when they would miss (I never did see anyone win), the whole crowd would groan.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise- 5/12 (Grand Cayman & Cozumel)

Carnival Elation- 4/13 (Progreso & Cozumel)
#92
DFW
384 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by edmusic
We just got off the Splendor yesterday and I believe the game is rigged so that it won't allow a winner until more money has been put in than is given out, way more! So, it's really not a game of skill as it is portrayed to be and thus is a rip-off in my opinion. I'm pretty good at games like this and I came millimeters close on my 20 attempts and as one man watching me said, the machine continued to move even after I released the ball. We do know first hand of a $1000 winner and a cash/iPad winner so it will pay out eventually, but only after a tidy profit is first guaranteed.

STRATEGY NOTE: Wait until late into cruise to plat for better chance of a payoff
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature









#93
Naples, Florida
2,046 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I put about $30 into the machine on the Miracle. I am blind in one eye so my depth perception is terrible, but I consistently stopped at exactly the same point on almost every play. Definitely odd that my vision problems are not a problem when it comes to the vault.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Harmony of the Seas 12/16, Empress of the Seas 11/16, Glory 9/16, Empress of the Seas 5/16, Conquest, 4/16, Emerald Princess 2/16, Paradise 12/15, Navigator of the Seas 12/15, Glory 9/15, Majesty 7/15, Victory 5/15, Liberty of the Seas 2/15, Caribbean Princess 11/14, MSC Divina 10/14, Vision of the Seas 8/14, MSC Divina 5/14, Victory 2/14, Constellation 12/13, Ecstasy 8/13, Majesty of the Seas 6/13, Enchantment of the Seas 4/13, Liberty of the Seas 2/13, Allure of the Seas 2/13, Imagination 12/12, Jewel of the Seas 12/12, Sensation 11/12, Majesty of the Seas 11/12, Norwegian Pearl 10/12, Enchantment of the Seas 9/12, Majesty of the Seas 9/12, Monarch of the Seas 8/12, Monarch of the Seas 5/12, Norwegian Star 3/12, Jewel of the Seas 3/12, Monarch of the Seas 2/12, Miracle 1/12, Liberty of the Seas 12/11, Allure of the Seas 10/11, Navigator of the Seas 3/11, Century 1/11, Majesty of the Seas 12/10, Allure of the Seas 12/10, Oasis of the Seas 10/10, Imagination 6/10, Majesty of the Seas 5/10, Triumph 10/09, Inspiration 6/08, Fascination 10/07, Enchantment of the Seas 5/04
#94
Daytona Beach
4,849 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I saw several winners at this on our Spirit cruise. I never tried it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fantasy 8/04
Miracle 6/06
Celebration 5/07
Liberty 5/08
Inspiration 9/08
Glory 5/09
Sensation 7/09
Sensation 10/09
Fascination 5/10
Inspiration 6/10
Dream 5/11
Ecstasy 12/11

Spirit 6/12
Freedom 5/13
Sensation 7/13
Ecstasy 12/13
Sensation 5/14
Breeze 5/15
Victory 6/15
Sensation 2/16
Victory 5/16
Victory 9/16
Valor 12/16
Liberty 05/17
#95
Louisiana
162 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by ZoeyVictoria
I put about $30 into the machine on the Miracle. I am blind in one eye so my depth perception is terrible, but I consistently stopped at exactly the same point on almost every play. Definitely odd that my vision problems are not a problem when it comes to the vault.
This is a Carnival site.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




Carnival Elation - November 17, 2012
Carnival Magic - February 19, 2012
Carnival Triumph - April 23, 2011
Carnival Conquest - March 28, 2010
Carnival Fantasy - February 21, 2009
Carnival Glory - May 31, 2008
Carnival Holiday - February 17, 2007
Carnival Elation - November 19, 2005
Carnival Conquest - November 23, 2003
Carnival Holiday - November 23, 2002
Carnival Ecstasy - July 6, 1996
#96
Naples, Florida
2,046 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by mschancey
This is a Carnival site.
The Miracle is a Carnival ship. ???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Harmony of the Seas 12/16, Empress of the Seas 11/16, Glory 9/16, Empress of the Seas 5/16, Conquest, 4/16, Emerald Princess 2/16, Paradise 12/15, Navigator of the Seas 12/15, Glory 9/15, Majesty 7/15, Victory 5/15, Liberty of the Seas 2/15, Caribbean Princess 11/14, MSC Divina 10/14, Vision of the Seas 8/14, MSC Divina 5/14, Victory 2/14, Constellation 12/13, Ecstasy 8/13, Majesty of the Seas 6/13, Enchantment of the Seas 4/13, Liberty of the Seas 2/13, Allure of the Seas 2/13, Imagination 12/12, Jewel of the Seas 12/12, Sensation 11/12, Majesty of the Seas 11/12, Norwegian Pearl 10/12, Enchantment of the Seas 9/12, Majesty of the Seas 9/12, Monarch of the Seas 8/12, Monarch of the Seas 5/12, Norwegian Star 3/12, Jewel of the Seas 3/12, Monarch of the Seas 2/12, Miracle 1/12, Liberty of the Seas 12/11, Allure of the Seas 10/11, Navigator of the Seas 3/11, Century 1/11, Majesty of the Seas 12/10, Allure of the Seas 12/10, Oasis of the Seas 10/10, Imagination 6/10, Majesty of the Seas 5/10, Triumph 10/09, Inspiration 6/08, Fascination 10/07, Enchantment of the Seas 5/04
#97
Seattle
61 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
My 10 yr old daughter won an Ipod Touch and Amazon Kindle playing stacker in the arcade on last Christmas Spirit cruise. Bet they were glad when we left.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11/18/2012 - Carnival Splendor - MEXICAN RIVIERA, 12/23/2011 - Carnival Spirit - MEXICAN RIVIERA, 8/23/2008 - Carnival Glory - EXOTIC W. , CARIBBEAN, 02/01/2004 - Carnival Victory, WESTERN CARIBBEAN, 04/22/2001, Carnival Inspiration, WESTERN CARIBBEAN, 01/2000, Princess – SOUTHERN EXOTIC, 1998, Carnival Inspiration, WESTERN CARIBBEAN, 1996, Carnival Sensation – WESTERN CARIBBEAN
#98
cranston
1,061 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
We were there again in FEb. WE watched a girl win a i pad . Then another guy won the next day. They were legit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ESTHER TARTAGLIA
Minutes from Pt. Canaveral !!
21,044 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Originally posted by ooulio
We were there again in FEb. WE watched a girl win a i pad . Then another guy won the next day. They were legit.
Even over the course of just a day, I hasten to think how many $1's might be fed into that game! No doubt, plenty enough to payout as you indicated!

Tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
>CRUISE PHOTOS: Smugmug


Upcoming 2017: ESCAPE... 2018: ESCAPE,INFINITY... 2019: BLISS... 2020: A cruise on the EDGE or BEYOND
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
101 cruises – 495 days at sea ---- Carnival: 67 cruises (Diamond), Celebrity: 15 (Elite Plus), NCL: 8 (Gold), RCI: 6 (Diamond), HAL: 1, Princess: 1, Others: 3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ships sailed (in order of first time on each): STATENDAM (1966!), SENSATION (1999), FANTASY, PRIDE, INSPIRATION, GLORY, LEGEND, MIRACLE, IMAGINATION, SOVEREIGN, CENTURY, CONSTELLATION, FREEDOM, DREAM, SOLSTICE, SKY, DESTINY, EPIC, VALOR, PEARL, ECLIPSE, MILLENNIUM, LIBERTY, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS, REFLECTION, ALLURE, BREEZE, OASIS, ENCHANTMENT, BREAKAWAY, SUNSHINE, CONQUEST, EQUINOX