Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Dominica

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

We paid a deposit of $20 for both of us beforehand through PayPal or credit. The rest was due at the end of the tour. I never found a code.
Independence of the Seas-RCCL-March 10
Constellation-Celebrity-August '11.
Serenade of the Seas-RCCL- March'12.
Oasis of the Seas-RCCL-March'13.
Carnival Glory-Carnival-July'13.
Adventure of the Seas-RCCL-March'14.
Coral Princess-PCL-August'14.

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nature isle Tours

Just wanted to agree with those who chose Nature Isle. We were a little nervous at first about the swim at Titou Gorge but thanks to Donaldson's unique way of getting us used to the cold water temps, we had a great time! The trip to Screws Spa was a soothing stop to go afterwards along with the platters of fresh fruit. We would recommend their services to anyone going to Dominica, I just hope we can go to this island again.

Old April 8th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

I booked Nature Isles for the spa tour based on me explaining to Donaldson that I have a problem with walking. Once we (my husband and I)met up for the tour things were very unorganized and chaotic. After making us wait until 9:30 while they looked for more customers (so much for pre-booking with a deposit) they said lets go and piled us into 3 vans. I questioned why we were being all put into vans when some of us had different tours. I was to find out very soon! They just group everyone together and while people went snorkling they expected us to sit in a chair with the sun beating down on us for an hour. When I said something I was told by the driver Alvin (not the tour guide who played dumb) that mine was the first complaint ever in 10 years. I told him to call Donaldson because I wasnt sitting there like a dummy. Their answer was to never let me get a word in since the driver kept speaking over me and said that he would take us back to the ship and give me my deposit back. That wasnt the issue we only had one day in the port and I had chosen to use their company but they were not doing what they stated they would. The driver took us back to the port driving like a maniac doing over 60 miles an hour. A couple of times I thought he was going to rear end the vehicle in front of him. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TOUR COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY!!!! There are other companies that are reputable and dont try to pull a fast one on the customers. The only thing this company wants is your money!

Last edited by jamrag; April 8th, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you to all for the recommendation of Nature Isle Explorers. We just did a tour on April 6. Donaldson is an excellent host!

Old April 15th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianrobertson View Post
I booked Nature Isles for the spa tour based on me explaining to Donaldson that I have a problem with walking. Once we (my husband and I)met up for the tour things were very unorganized and chaotic. After making us wait until 9:30 while they looked for more customers (so much for pre-booking with a deposit) they said lets go and piled us into 3 vans. I questioned why we were being all put into vans when some of us had different tours. I was to find out very soon! They just group everyone together and while people went snorkling they expected us to sit in a chair with the sun beating down on us for an hour. When I said something I was told by the driver Alvin (not the tour guide who played dumb) that mine was the first complaint ever in 10 years. I told him to call Donaldson because I wasnt sitting there like a dummy. Their answer was to never let me get a word in since the driver kept speaking over me and said that he would take us back to the ship and give me my deposit back. That wasnt the issue we only had one day in the port and I had chosen to use their company but they were not doing what they stated they would. The driver took us back to the port driving like a maniac doing over 60 miles an hour. A couple of times I thought he was going to rear end the vehicle in front of him. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TOUR COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY!!!! There are other companies that are reputable and dont try to pull a fast one on the customers. The only thing this company wants is your money!
Sorry you had such a bad experience. My trip to Dominica with Nature Isle was a complete 180 from what you have posted. I was there last month, we had Marvin as our tour guide. I spoke with Donaldson before we got onto the vans, and he was very personable. Answering all the question I had and other people in our group. I would recommend this tour company to my best friend or worst enemy. It was probably the best run of all cruise excursions have taken.

Old July 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg3 View Post
Thank you to all for the recommendation of Nature Isle Explorers. We just did a tour on April 6. Donaldson is an excellent host!
We just book the Dominica Jewel Tour with Nature Isle Explorers for our excursion in October.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Is the reservation page working for anyone? It keeps coming up as page not found
Nassau, Freeport
Carnival Valor May 2012 <3
St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
NCL Sun Nov 2012
St. Lucia, St Maarten, St Thomas, Barbados,Dominica
Carnival Fantasy May 2013
Nassau, Freeport
Carnival Sunshine August 2013
Barcelona, Marseille,Florence,Rome,Naples,Messina,Dubrovnik,V enice
Carnival Legend May 2014
Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Web page

I just checked the web page and it seems to be working. Go to section for tours and you should be able to reserve trip. We paid a deposit by pay pal and paid rest by cash on day of tour. A water camera is great on this Tour. We had a cheap Kodak underwater camera. This is such a beautiful country. Enjoy!

Old September 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldevon View Post
We are cruising on 28th on the Serenade.

we are actually planning to do the Dominica most captivating tour which includes the 45 minute Middle Ham falls hike.

anyone knows if the hike is strenuous ?
I would say moderate - we did it the day after hiking the volcano in St. Kitts and were very sore from the day before - it was fine... and the falls are spectacular - totally worth the effort

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcheryl View Post
Is the reservation page working for anyone? It keeps coming up as page not found
His website seems to be working fine. www.nietours.com

You should try contacting him again

We had such an amazing time in Dominica

Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Jan10th..need more passengers

My husband and I are sailing on the Norwegian Sun and booked this tour for Jan 10th. We wanted to get more people to go along with us, because I don't know if they will take just the two of us. Email me at goldgraphix@gmail.com if you are interested and I'll send you the link.

Old November 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggraphix View Post
My husband and I are sailing on the Norwegian Sun and booked this tour for Jan 10th. We wanted to get more people to go along with us, because I don't know if they will take just the two of us. Email me at goldgraphix@gmail.com if you are interested and I'll send you the link.
We are looking to book the Dominica Jewels tour with Nature Isle Explorers,
Do you pay for the tour before or after the tour has finish?

Old November 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

You will pay a deposit and pay the remainder on the day of your trip. Really beautiful island.

Old December 9th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Donaldson Magloire is the owner of Nature Isle Explorers (www.nietours.com). He makes certain that all tour inquiries are timely answered. If you only have 1 or 2 people, the Dominica Jewel Tour is cheap and very good. However, if you have 4 or more in your party, he will work with you to customize a 5 hour+ tour of the island for a per person rate that is CHEAPER than what you would pay for a 3-4 hour cruise ship offering. For photographers, the fishing village of Soufriere and the landscapes at Scotts Head are totally awesome. Photos of these are attached to this post. These are marvelous sights to see even if you don't like photography. You also still see Trafalgar Falls, get to bathe in thermal pools, snorkel at Champaigne Beach, see the botanical gardens, and do all the rest of the things that are offered on typical group tours. I just cannot say enough good things about this tour operator. Start with the Dominica Jewel Tour on the web site and add Soufriere and Scotts Head and you will have a custom tour that you will remember for a long time- at less than a group tour price.

Old December 31st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamrag View Post
Our tour with Donaldson was the complete opposite. Out of 16 cruises and countless land vacations his tour was by far the best we've been on. Donaldson was very accommodating and customized the tour to our liking.

Old January 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nature isle experience

Just back from the Norwegian sun today. We used nature isle and would recommend to anyone. Really, really good time. Easy to find. Everything was smooth. The tour ended up being 6 hours long, the whole day. They never pushed us. We had 3 major parts of the tour and all 3 were a real adventure. Our guide got in the water with us and took us personally on each location. And he had local guides at each location to give us direction and help. Highly recommend! You will want to be in decent physical health. There is some climbing through uneven terrain. Also, use the restroom at champagne reef. It is another hour or more before another can be found and drinks are flowing by then.

Old February 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just returned a few days ago from the Emerald Princess 10 day visiting Dominica.
We booked Dominica's Most Captivating Tour with Nature Island Explorers

There were my husband and myself and our dear friends on this tour. Only four of us! It was the highlight of our excursions! Though we were to go into the main port, it was learned later that we would dock at the commerical port. Donaldson let me know and changed the meet time a little. I found his communication to be very prompt and courteous.

Our guides were driver Markley and guide Aly or Oly not sure of spelling.
We had a wonderful time with both guys.

Middleham Falls was a beautiful but strenuous hike. It took us close to two hours round trip but that included looking at the falls for a long time. We are all in our 50's. Our footwear ranged from open toe Tevas, to closed toe hiker sandals, to tennis shoes. We all did just fine. My calves were sore for a few days after the hike, though.
Here is a picture of the water we crossed:

Here is a picture of the top of the falls, which was so worth the hike.

The beauty in the hike itself were incredible.

Next we went to Titou Gorge which was incredible. Aly and another guide went in with us. My disposable underwater camera shots did not come out as it was too dark, so save yourself some bad pictures if that is all you have. We drove through the Botanical Gardens.
We really wanted to do Champagne Reef and we were running low on time, so we chose to bypass Trafalgar Falls. Maybe next year as I hope to use this tour group again.
Our friends rented snorkel masks and we brought our own. Another guide took us in to the water and pointed out interesting sites. It was very clear water and we saw two rays and many fish. Sadly, though the guide looked hard, we did not see the sea horses. Again, maybe next time.
We had a wonderful day and can't wait to get back to Dominica again.

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWSE View Post
We just returned a few days ago from the Emerald Princess 10 day visiting Dominica.
We booked Dominica's Most Captivating Tour with Nature Island Explorers

There were my husband and myself and our dear friends on this tour. Only four of us! It was the highlight of our excursions! Though we were to go into the main port, it was learned later that we would dock at the commerical port. Donaldson let me know and changed the meet time a little. I found his communication to be very prompt and courteous.

Our guides were driver Markley and guide Aly or Oly not sure of spelling.
We had a wonderful time with both guys.

Middleham Falls was a beautiful but strenuous hike. It took us close to two hours round trip but that included looking at the falls for a long time. We are all in our 50's. Our footwear ranged from open toe Tevas, to closed toe hiker sandals, to tennis shoes. We all did just fine. My calves were sore for a few days after the hike, though.
Here is a picture of the water we crossed:

Here is a picture of the top of the falls, which was so worth the hike.

The beauty in the hike itself were incredible.

Next we went to Titou Gorge which was incredible. Aly and another guide went in with us. My disposable underwater camera shots did not come out as it was too dark, so save yourself some bad pictures if that is all you have. We drove through the Botanical Gardens.
We really wanted to do Champagne Reef and we were running low on time, so we chose to bypass Trafalgar Falls. Maybe next year as I hope to use this tour group again.
Our friends rented snorkel masks and we brought our own. Another guide took us in to the water and pointed out interesting sites. It was very clear water and we saw two rays and many fish. Sadly, though the guide looked hard, we did not see the sea horses. Again, maybe next time.
We had a wonderful day and can't wait to get back to Dominica again.
Based on the raving reviews here on CC, we have booked the Dominica Jewel tour with Nature Isle Explorers and are looking forward to our day in Dominica

Old March 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was trying to pay the deposit through the link Donaldson sent me. I notice there is $3 tax. Do I have to pay it?

Btw, I didn't find the code either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie3180 View Post
We paid a deposit of $20 for both of us beforehand through PayPal or credit. The rest was due at the end of the tour. I never found a code.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default wonderful time on the Jewel tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundancing View Post
I was trying to pay the deposit through the link Donaldson sent me. I notice there is $3 tax. Do I have to pay it?

Btw, I didn't find the code either.
We had a wonderful time in Dominica with Donaldson in the Jewel Tour. We visited the Champagne Reefs for snorkeling, drive through the Botanical Gardens, a panoramic view point of the City and the ship. We also visited the Ti Tou Gorge which was absolutely amazing, we then ended our day with a visit to the Trafalgar Falls where we relax in the warm volcanic pools.

Highly recommend doing the Dominica Jewel tour if you visit Dominica