Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Disney Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disney Cruise Line
Read Disney Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Disney Cruise Deals.

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecap View Post
Does Disney offer a military discourt for cruises?
Yes, they do. Unfortunately, that's all I know about them. You'd need to contact DCL for the specifics.

Old July 17th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Look on the website under discounts. They only offer a military discount on slow-selling voyages and in slow-selling cabins. I guess it's better than nothing, and if the discount happens to match what you're wanting to book anyway then it could be a great deal.
12-night Norweigian Fjords & Arctic Circle on the ms Rotterdam, Dover to Copenhagen, June 2005 (PS7001)
11-night Southern Caribbean on the ms Maasdam, r/t Norfolk, March 2006 (PS001)
14-night Southern Caribbean on the ms Ryndam, r/t Tampa, November 2006 (PS001)
14-night B2B Mexican Riviera on the ms Oosterdam, r/t San Diego, October 2008 (PS7046)
20-night Spring Discoveries on the ms Westerdam, Ft. Lauderdale to Venice, April 2010 (PS7046)
12-night Sea of Cortez on the ms Amsterdam, r/t San Diego, December 2010 (PS7002)
14-night Transatlantic Westbound on the Disney Magic, Barcelona to Port Canaveral, September 2011 (R8530)
14-night Eastbound Panama Canal on the Disney Wonder, San Diego to Port Canaveral, September 2014 (R8030)

Old July 20th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes they do... certain dates and certain cabins only. We had to reserve a 6A class to get the rate. I decided to get the 06 GTY and ended up in a 5C. Good discount and worth the effort.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sp...ilitary-rates/

Enjoy

Old July 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Military Discounts

Disney does offer Military discounts on some cruises. You must have a military discount, either active or retired. With your ID you can reserve 3 rooms.
We have taken one cruise with our family, and we just booked another cruise from NY to Canada with two other couples on a wonderful Military discount.
I go to vacations to go, click on military discount on the left and then pick Disney.
You can then call Disney and book directly.

Old July 29th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellnana View Post
Disney does offer Military discounts on some cruises. You must have a military discount, either active or retired. With your ID you can reserve 3 rooms.
We have taken one cruise with our family, and we just booked another cruise from NY to Canada with two other couples on a wonderful Military discount.
I go to vacations to go, click on military discount on the left and then pick Disney.
You can then call Disney and book directly.
I did something very similar!
I spot check DCL pretty frequently (you just never know....) and found a great rate on a CA coast cruise (Pixar). Discussed it with DH, talked to the bosses at work and ended up booking with a military discount through a TA that also gave us $200 in OBC. So our total savings is roughly $2700 just on the cruise for a category 5C stateroom.

Supposedly the booking window for the military fare closes tonight- so take a look around while you have the time!

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

I second that!

Just booked my first Disney cruise. Who would have thought Disney would be cheaper than Carnival??

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

The military fare is still showing up on the DCL website for both Oceanview and Verandah staterooms(Pacific Coast Pixar cruises, but there should be others too)- so if anyone is still looking, go now and good luck!!

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

There are some great military discounts on the Magic out of Galveston in September, October and November.
They started with September and the first two weeks of October then they added the last two weeks of October and first two weeks of November.

You have to enter the MTO code to see them. They are not listed on the discount page.

Last edited by MissSissy; August 4th, 2012 at 10:38 PM.