Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Macadamia Cruise Nuts

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprcan View Post
Karen - your pupils might be still dilated..... you reposted the same post.

I hope everyone have agreat weekend. There is a tropical wave heading this way, is supposed to rain all weekend.

Luckily Charlotte and Marcel are in San Diego enjoying great weather. I am headed to Orlando to visit a friend.
Hello Sweet Friend

Stay dry this weekend and take cover if need be. Hey you could always come up here and paint with us rather than going to Orlando. Tempting now isn't it!!!!!!

Dee
PLUS Eh

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip and Dale View Post
Paula

You just make me smile Thank you!!!!!!! I haven't felt like a very positive person of late, but I'm working on it. It helps to stay away from certain people I must admit, so I am working on that right now

I actually said that my mom was telling my sister "suck it up buttercup" when something happened this week and she went over the edge. Not sure what it did for her, but it sure helped me a lot

I bought the paint to touch everything up, came up with a plan, kind of organized things AND THEN I went to get a new hairdo, bought some clothes, a couple of gifty things and then came home and ate what I figured would taste like crap but it was pretty good actually. The other night I made this thing with lentils and dried green and yellow peas, bunch of spices, garlic and olive oil. this is not what I would normally eat but it was pretty good as leftover, oh yah and some beets. I'm drinking my water like the good little Dee that I am and cannot even have some wine tonight I will have some wine or champage at the wedding in 2 weeks and then go back to this, but I could make a much longer list of what I can;t have than what I can have Soooooo Dennis will most likely be hoping I had started and will be unamused by the day I put in, oh my. Next I'm off to buy some organic chicken and turkey and tons of veggies.

How many more days now till your cruise? I am soooo envious!!!!
Dee
Hi Dee:

Glad your diet isn't tasting too bad. I actually think it sounds pretty good. I could probably be a fishy/chickytarian if it weren't for Jim. I love veggies and would be happy only eating fish and chicken for protein but have to compromise and eat meat occasionally with Jim. It would be too hard (and not fair) not to. I think you and your daughter are awesome for taking on such a tough diet and hope you end up feeling fantastic!!!

We leave for our cruise in 24 days. Kind of scary. We went shopping today to try and find some long sleeved clothes. The average temps seem to be highs in the 50's - 60's. It will be nice to have some cooler weather for a change but will be interesting to try and pack for it. Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning and starting to pack. Need to see what we're missing sooner than later. The dog is already freaking out since Jim got our suitcases down today.

Original Member of the Macadamia Cruise Nuts
AND
The Crazy Caribbean Cruisers

Upcoming Fun:
Explorer of the Seas - ABC Island Fun 11/15/14
Liberty of the Seas "Nut Reunion" 12/1/14 & 12/6/14
Jewel of the Seas - West Coast Whoohoo 5/16/15
Serenade of the Seas - Snowbird Migration 10/19/15
Adventure of the Seas "CCC Reunion" 4/2/16 & 4/9/16

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Karen - your pupils might be still dilated..... you reposted the same post.

I hope everyone have agreat weekend. There is a tropical wave heading this way, is supposed to rain all weekend.

Luckily Charlotte and Marcel are in San Diego enjoying great weather. I am headed to Orlando to visit a friend.
Hi Paco:

We've only had one good cloudburst this afternoon that lasted about 10 minutes. Went to the beach this afternoon from about 5:00 to 7:00PM. It was wonderful! Hope you are having weather just as nice in Orlando and are enjoying your weekend!

AND

Upcoming Fun:

Old August 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Still around

Long weekend of work... This was the weekend of the annual Spiediefest and Hot Air Balloon Rally. We (First Student) provide all the buses for transporting from the parking area to the fest grounds. It makes for some very long days. I think I worked right at 45 hours in 3 days.

Jennifer is having a good time in England. They were scheduled to have 2 events today, but ended up doing a third concert in the athletic village. The third one will be posted on line somewhere.

Poor Carol was on call all weekend. She normally helps me at the spiedie fest, but with a 30 minute response time...it was out of the question.

Hope everybody enjoys their upcoming cruises.

"You'll Poke Your Eye Out"
RCCL Diamond Members
Voyager of the Seas April 08, Western Caribbean
Radiance of the Seas July 09, Alaska Northbound
Serenade of the Seas July 10, Southern Caribbean
Radiance of the Seas July 11, Alaska Northbound
Radiance of the Seas April 12, Hawaii - Vancouver
Explorer of the Seas, Christmas 2012, Bahamas
Explorer of the Seas, Aug/Sept 2013, N.E. & Canada
Explorer of the Seas, November 13, Eastern Caribbean
Brilliance of the Seas, April/May 14, Repositioning Cruise Tampa to Harwich

Old August 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip and Dale View Post
Hello Sweet Friend

Stay dry this weekend and take cover if need be. Hey you could always come up here and paint with us rather than going to Orlando. Tempting now isn't it!!!!!!

Dee

Had a good weekend. No heavy rain until yesterday afternoon when I was heading down south. I did not got online the whole weekend, took a break from computers. If I had seen your message I would have keep on driving to your neighborhood and supervise the paint job.

"Hi Paco:

We've only had one good cloudburst this afternoon that lasted about 10 minutes. Went to the beach this afternoon from about 5:00 to 7:00PM. It was wonderful! Hope you are having weather just as nice in Orlando and are enjoying your weekend!"

Paula - we had some light rain, mostly cloudy. We walked to Winter Park, Park Avenue for brunch and later that night ate and had some drinks outside at a Spanish Tapas restaurant.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am just working 3 days and leaving to PR wednesday afternoon.

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Hi all!

This is my first day off so I am playing catch up with everything.

Dee- I am glad you are making positive changes and they are helping. I would love to get together with anyone going on the PC cruise. We are on the same ship; we are getting off when y'all are getting on so there should be some way to meet!! Maybe I will just be a stowaway!

I am saving money for the cruise in March. After that, I don't know what we will do; I really want to get to D+ before they make any more changes. We had been D for 1 cruise when they took the CL away so I may be the jinx!! :

Paula- Wish we could do Hawaii again but not at those prices! They priced us out of going again, bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mariner of The Seas 10/2005; Splendour of the Seas 3/2006; Majesty of the Seas 11/2006, 12/2008; Jewel of the Seas 11/2007, 12/2008; Enchantment of the Seas 5/2008, Radiance of the Seas 2/2010, 11/2010, 4/2012; Monarch of the Seas 6/2010; Serenade of the Seas 12/2013

Don't cry because it's over......Smile because it happened!

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifesChef View Post
Long weekend of work... This was the weekend of the annual Spiediefest and Hot Air Balloon Rally. We (First Student) provide all the buses for transporting from the parking area to the fest grounds. It makes for some very long days. I think I worked right at 45 hours in 3 days.

Jennifer is having a good time in England. They were scheduled to have 2 events today, but ended up doing a third concert in the athletic village. The third one will be posted on line somewhere.

Poor Carol was on call all weekend. She normally helps me at the spiedie fest, but with a 30 minute response time...it was out of the question.

Wow, Terry! That's a lot of hours!! More cruising money! hehehe

Sounds like Jennifer is really enjoying herself and making some everylasting memories. Good for her!

Mariner of The Seas 10/2005; Splendour of the Seas 3/2006; Majesty of the Seas 11/2006, 12/2008; Jewel of the Seas 11/2007, 12/2008; Enchantment of the Seas 5/2008, Radiance of the Seas 2/2010, 11/2010, 4/2012; Monarch of the Seas 6/2010; Serenade of the Seas 12/2013

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Had a good weekend. No heavy rain until yesterday afternoon when I was heading down south. I did not got online the whole weekend, took a break from computers. If I had seen your message I would have keep on driving to your neighborhood and supervise the paint job.

"Hi Paco:

We've only had one good cloudburst this afternoon that lasted about 10 minutes. Went to the beach this afternoon from about 5:00 to 7:00PM. It was wonderful! Hope you are having weather just as nice in Orlando and are enjoying your weekend!"

Paula - we had some light rain, mostly cloudy. We walked to Winter Park, Park Avenue for brunch and later that night ate and had some drinks outside at a Spanish Tapas restaurant.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am just working 3 days and leaving to PR wednesday afternoon.
Glad you had a nice visit in Orlando! Enjoy your time in PR and don't forget to come home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifesChef View Post

Hi Terry:

Hope you had SOME fun at your festival! School starts Wednesday here so Jim's been working hard visiting all the schools (87 of them) to make sure they are ready for the first day!! I will hate to see so many more cars on the road at 6:15 AM. It's so nice during the summer when there is no school.

I started packing for our cruise on Sunday after a day of tax free shopping on Saturday. I'm pretty well set except for a few things. Can't believe it is only a few weeks away!

AND

Upcoming Fun:

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
"Hi Paco:

Hi Paco:

We love Winter Park! We went on a food tour there a month or two ago and it was lots of fun. Such a pretty main street with some great restaurants!

Have a great time in PR. We booked a Southern Caribbean cruise in April just 'cause it gives us an excuse to fly to PR for a few days pre-cruise. We stayed up in the rainforest the last time we were there and had such a great time. Love those coqui frogs!

AND

Upcoming Fun:

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by waf125 View Post
Hi all!

Paula- Wish we could do Hawaii again but not at those prices! They priced us out of going again, bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Martha:

I find most of the cruises I look at have gone WAAYYY up in price over the last year. I'm waiting to see if the prices stay there or come back down 'cause no one can afford them. Time will tell!!!

AND

Upcoming Fun:

Old August 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstone1 View Post
Hi Paco:

We love Winter Park! We went on a food tour there a month or two ago and it was lots of fun. Such a pretty main street with some great restaurants!

Have a great time in PR. We booked a Southern Caribbean cruise in April just 'cause it gives us an excuse to fly to PR for a few days pre-cruise. We stayed up in the rainforest the last time we were there and had such a great time. Love those coqui frogs!
I love to go home and fall asleep to the Coquis. It brings back my childhood memories. If you need some info about PR , let me know.

I am leaving today to PR to visit my mom. Will be back next Monday.
So I wish you all a great weekned.

Took the new metrorail connecton to MIA today and it work pretty good. It adds another option flying in and out to MIA. The train arrives right at the MIA rental Car Center and from there you take the MIA Mover to the airport. I saw that some car rental agencies have shutlle to the Port of Miami. I think National is one of them, don,t remember the others. I can verify is someone needs to know. What I notice no Avis or Hertz signs for port shuttles.

See you next week.

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstone1 View Post
Hi Martha:

I find most of the cruises I look at have gone WAAYYY up in price over the last year. I'm waiting to see if the prices stay there or come back down 'cause no one can afford them. Time will tell!!!
Hi Paula! Yes, I agree that prices have gone way up. I am looking and waiting... may have to start land vacations!!

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
I love to go home and fall asleep to the Coquis. It brings back my childhood memories. If you need some info about PR , let me know.

I am leaving today to PR to visit my mom. Will be back next Monday.
So I wish you all a great weekned.

Took the new metrorail connecton to MIA today and it work pretty good. It adds another option flying in and out to MIA. The train arrives right at the MIA rental Car Center and from there you take the MIA Mover to the airport. I saw that some car rental agencies have shutlle to the Port of Miami. I think National is one of them, don,t remember the others. I can verify is someone needs to know. What I notice no Avis or Hertz signs for port shuttles.

See you next week.
Have a great trip and thanks for explaining about the metrorail!

Old August 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM
5,000+ Club

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anybody out there ????????????????????????????????????????

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hi Martha,
I tried to post a couple of days ago about some of the great deals to be had for Hawaii (land vacactions), but the computer was taking too long, tried again, and still nothing so I gave up.
This weekend Jake and our son are away fishing until Tuesday. I'm at home enjoying our great summer which has finally arrived. Our new patio roof is on and I've been sitting out back enjoying my book Game of Thrones, season one. I've seen the movie and it's fantastic, so now I'm reading the book until season two is out.

Still no plans for another cruise sadly, but I will keep looking for deals and maybe find one too good to pass up.

I hope you are enjoying the summer,
Helga

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:19 AM
5,000+ Club

Hi Helga!

I am glad you are enjoying your summer! It has been exceptionally hot here; still in the high 90's daily. Can't do much outside and our yard shows it.

Are you on facebook? If so, let me know.... I would love to stay in touch.

We have the one cruise planned in March and then nothing else. Not sure what to do after that.

Took the girls school shopping; that was an experience! The 7 yr old wanted an "awesome" binder and we ended up going to 3 different stores. She decided on a light blue one. Not sure what made it "awesome" but she was happy so all is good!!

Thanks for stopping by and "visiting."

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hi, Martha, LOL! You make me laugh -- thanks for being there.

We had a quiet week. If it weren't for the latest big CC controversy -- no more RCI luggage tags -- it would have been totally boring.

I'm glad we have our future cruises (for awhile, anyway) locked in, with all these price hikes. I would think there would be passenger resistance, at some point.

Our heat finally hit. It can't go away soon enough. We had a little earthquake or two on Wednesday, nothing special.

PINNACLE CLUB

Quite a few RCI CRUISES (we don't count the others)

Days at sea: not enough
Cruise points: more than enough

future floats:

(23, at last count)

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi again Martha!

I really enjoy posting on C.C. but unfortunately I'm not on Facebook, it somehow seems so complicated to me.

I was out shopping yesterday as well and browsing the school supplies aisles thinking it would be great to be in school again, if only just for the great gadgets and creative supplies that are available these days.
I ended up buying 2 magnetic locker caddys for a notebook and pens, one for the fridge door and one for the garage for Jake. And I couldn't resist picking up some solar dragonfly lights for the back patio.

Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know?:

Friends of ours recently "won" a cruise. When they contacted to find out about details they were asked for a $50. registration fee, which they paid. Then they were asked for something like $400. or $500. to confirm their room at which point she decided to investigate further before sending money. She couldn't find out anything about the company so now they have decided to forego their $50. fee rather than risk losing more money. I'm always skeptical about anything 'free'.

At least you have a (real) cruise to plan and look forward to, lucky you.
Well it's another beautiful day out today, and I should get out there before it gets too hot.

Helga

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsandYoYo View Post
Hi again Martha!

I really enjoy posting on C.C. but unfortunately I'm not on Facebook, it somehow seems so complicated to me.

I was out shopping yesterday as well and browsing the school supplies aisles thinking it would be great to be in school again, if only just for the great gadgets and creative supplies that are available these days.
I ended up buying 2 magnetic locker caddys for a notebook and pens, one for the fridge door and one for the garage for Jake. And I couldn't resist picking up some solar dragonfly lights for the back patio.

Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know?:

Friends of ours recently "won" a cruise. When they contacted to find out about details they were asked for a $50. registration fee, which they paid. Then they were asked for something like $400. or $500. to confirm their room at which point she decided to investigate further before sending money. She couldn't find out anything about the company so now they have decided to forego their $50. fee rather than risk losing more money. I'm always skeptical about anything 'free'.

At least you have a (real) cruise to plan and look forward to, lucky you.
Well it's another beautiful day out today, and I should get out there before it gets too hot.

Helga
I've heard of this scam, it is making the rounds. Your friends were lucky to only lose $50.

PINNACLE CLUB

Quite a few RCI CRUISES (we don't count the others)

Days at sea: not enough
Cruise points: more than enough

future floats:

(23, at last count)

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.

Closed Thread