Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > The Bead Brigade

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH451 View Post
Sandra's doctor didn't specifically mention not driving for any certain time. So after about three weeks, she was getting cabin fever on Sunday afternoon and drove to a local store (about 10 min away) to shop. Well on Monday morning when her in-home therapist came, she asked how Sandra's weekend had been. Sandra told her about the shopping excursion and all of a sudden the therapist stuck her fingers in her ears and started singing. Then she told Sandra that if there had been an accident, Sandra would have been in big trouble since she was not cleared to drive so soon after surgery. Who knew? So she was more patient for the other 3-4 weeks before getting the okay.

I know therapy works because some days Sandra would be limping into the office and after a couple of hours, she would almost be running out. Keep up the good spirits and recovery will be complete before you know it.

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. It has been a good day and for the life of me; where has all that time gone?
I know how Sandra felt...but I was told right up front that because this was my right knee, I couldn't drive for at least 6 weeks! I had no idea that there would be no long distance driving. I guess the prospect of blood clots makes everyone a little nervous.

Georgia and Diane

Celebrity Elite Members

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieva View Post
Can't wait to see more pics! We booked a JS too but ours is in the corner aft on deck 7-hope it looks as good as her JS on deck 8!
We got a JS on deck 8 directly across form hers. We hope it looks just the same.

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Grandeur of the Seas –June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
5,000+ Club

I really love the new carpet and drapes! I have asked her if she has some pics of her bathroom-would love to see that too.

Royal Carribbean, Carnival, Princess and Holland America

PLUS!
Crown and Anchor Diamond Plus Member

Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
I really love the new carpet and drapes! I have asked her if she has some pics of her bathroom-would love to see that too.
I would like to see the bathroom, too. We usually have an inside or outside cabin. (no tub) So, I would like to see the JS.

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Grandeur of the Seas –June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
5,000+ Club

Oh boy! First time in a JS? You're gonna be in heaven!

PLUS!

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We have had several balcony cabins (RCL and Carnival) and a JS on Carnival. It was very roomy. It had 2 closets (none were walk-in) --but, the bathroom just had a shower.

I am very excited about this cruise. I guess I will be spoiled forever.

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
5,000+ Club

Maybe not too spoiled! I do love the JS but am perfectly happy in a D1 balcony. Really don't care much about the room-just have to have a balcony no matter how tiny it might be. Carnival has really small balcony rooms (but they are cheap!) and we do fine there. And I mean the room and the balcony are small.

PLUS!

Old August 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default AC problems again

Worked overtime all this week and came home around 7pm Friday night to no AC. It was too late to do something about it so I will have to grin and bare it until Monday. Meanwhile I have been out and about to places that have AC like the local Mall and Barnes and Noble which is a favorite haunt where I can hook up my computer to their WiFi. Last time the maintenance man came, I didn't hang around to see what he did to fix the problem but went on to work, this time, I will ask him what I can do to fix it myself if possible because he keeps saying it is a circuit breaker problem and that I might be plugging in too many things. I told him that I am doing what I normally do and that I am not overloading the circuit. So we will see what we will see. It's now 97 degrees in my place and not good for sleeping even with an electric fan which is just blowing the hot air around. I will leave again on Sunday to the Mall and Barnes and Nobles for the day until I can go home to relative lower temperatures, probably make a whole day of it and go home when the sun goes down...sheesh.
Enchantment of the Seas - Mar. 2012
Carnival Pride - Nov.11 2012
Grandeur of the Seas - Mar.2014

Future Cruise(s)
Grandeur of the Seas - May 2015
Grandeur of the Seas - Apr. 2016

Old August 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default You poor thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella777 View Post
Worked overtime all this week and came home around 7pm Friday night to no AC.
Definitely watch what he does to the breakers and take notes. Any AC problems we've had were unfortunately more $erious. We had a new unit put in a couple of years ago and so far all is well. Stay hydrated. Maybe freeze some bottled water and put one near your bed when you go to sleep. Middle of the night, a nice cold water is so good and it sounds like you could use some.
Good luck, Stella. We wish you the best.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers

Grandeur of the Seas, Bahamas, June 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2014 / Navigator of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2013 / Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2012 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2012 / Liberty of the Seas, TransAtlantic, October 2011 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2011 / Oasis of the Seas, E & W Caribbean, October 2010 / Celebrity Mercury, E Caribbean, February 2010 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, October 2009 / Grandeur of the Seas, Canada NE, October 2008 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, October 2007 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, October 2006 / Explorer of the Seas, E Caribbean, May 2005

Old August 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
5,000+ Club

Oh no not again Stella! Hope you get if fixed soon.

Today is house cleaning day and then I can concentrate on packing for the beach! Yay! Leaving for my sister Carmen's house in Nags Head, N.C. Thursday morning for another wonderful week at the beach. And this time my son, DIL, grandkids and granddog are coming for the weekend! Can't wait to see the dog's first glimpse of the ocean! He's a huge Lab (over 100 lbs) and loves the water. He will jump into any puddle, creek. pond or lake so we'll see how he likes the ocean and waves. Should be a hoot! Glad I'm not the one who will have to wash him with the hose when he's done on the beach to get all of the sand off of him.

PLUS!

Old August 5th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Worked overtime all this week and came home around 7pm Friday night to no AC. It was too late to do something about it so I will have to grin and bare it until Monday. Meanwhile I have been out and about to places that have AC like the local Mall and Barnes and Noble which is a favorite haunt where I can hook up my computer to their WiFi. Last time the maintenance man came, I didn't hang around to see what he did to fix the problem but went on to work, this time, I will ask him what I can do to fix it myself if possible because he keeps saying it is a circuit breaker problem and that I might be plugging in too many things. I told him that I am doing what I normally do and that I am not overloading the circuit. So we will see what we will see. It's now 97 degrees in my place and not good for sleeping even with an electric fan which is just blowing the hot air around. I will leave again on Sunday to the Mall and Barnes and Nobles for the day until I can go home to relative lower temperatures, probably make a whole day of it and go home when the sun goes down...sheesh.
Good grief Stella...not again!! Pls take care of yourself...stay cool and safe!

Georgia and Diane

Celebrity Elite Members

Old August 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool Busted!

Last evening when the sun finally went down, I headed outside to take my short walk. Diane even decided to let me go alone...woooohoooo, freedom! While I was out I couldn't help but notice how ragged my front yard is looking. Yes Diane is cutting grass, but she is not trimming, weeding, or anything else that is needed. So, I picked up my trimmers and starting trimming a little here, a little there until my neighbor caught me...so I figured I had been get inside before he blew the whistle.

This morning, Diane walked out to get the paper and noticed the pile of trimmings. Needless to say, she was not happy with me at all! But she knows I'll probably be back out there again, if this weather ever breaks!!

Having lunch at YellowFin with DD and her husband....yeaaahhhhhhhh!

Georgia and Diane

Celebrity Elite Members

Old August 5th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Why do things always break on the weekends, or you get sick on the weekends? It never fails. Try and stay cool, go to a friends house or my favorite go shopping. Really, stay safe.

Past Cruises
Maasdam - November 2002
Grandeur - October 2006, May 2007 October 2008
Galaxy - March 2008
Liberty of the Seas - January 2009 (B2B)
Mercury - February 2010
Pride - October 2010
Enchantment - March 2011, November 2011, March 2012
Explorer - March 2013
Pride - October 2010 - September 2013 - May 2014
Grandeur - B2B March 2014

FUTURE:

Old August 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznation View Post
If it makes scheduling easier for those of us travelling elsewhere, we are cool with a brunch or early lunch!
Have we decided on a time yet? Tommy, what time would be good for you and Sandra?

Past Cruises
Maasdam - November 2002
Grandeur - October 2006, May 2007 October 2008
Galaxy - March 2008
Liberty of the Seas - January 2009 (B2B)
Mercury - February 2010
Pride - October 2010
Enchantment - March 2011, November 2011, March 2012
Explorer - March 2013
Pride - October 2010 - September 2013 - May 2014
Grandeur - B2B March 2014

FUTURE:

Old August 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just got in from work a little while ago headng to the beach for the week... terrible storm going thru our area right now.
heavy rain and wind... at least the van is packed ..
WE'LL JUST SIT TIGHT until the heavy rain stops .
will stop for dinner along the way

Stella, sure hope u get that AC fixed ....
Dixie enjoy the beach !
Georgia, you better be good ... or you may never find your clippers till winter if Diane catches you again !

talk to you all next week when we get back home ...

RCCL Crown & Anchor
Plus

Old August 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
5,000+ Club

Thanks and I hope you have a great week too once the rain stops.

It's hot and sunny here but rain is on the way tonight and tomorrow.

Now what? House is clean now and I'm packed for the beach but we don't leave until Thursday morning! Thank god for computer games and Radio's live thread from the Enchantment (he just arrived in Bermuda this afternoon.)

PLUS!

Old August 5th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default I'm tired and my back hurts...

Our older son has been working with us to clear the basement of "stuff" as we prepare for the re-model. My heavens the crap we have accumulated! Most of it just went to the curb but some we're going to see if we can unload via e-Bay.
We found three tape recorders, a set of walkie talkies (1960's vintage), and two defunct answering machines. Not to mention several analog TV's of various sizes. The trashmen are going to love us.

Hope everyone else's weekend was more relaxing.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers

Grandeur of the Seas, Bahamas, June 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2014 / Navigator of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2013 / Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2012 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2012 / Liberty of the Seas, TransAtlantic, October 2011 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2011 / Oasis of the Seas, E & W Caribbean, October 2010 / Celebrity Mercury, E Caribbean, February 2010 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, October 2009 / Grandeur of the Seas, Canada NE, October 2008 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, October 2007 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, October 2006 / Explorer of the Seas, E Caribbean, May 2005

Old August 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
5,000+ Club

That's a big job Ed!

I have never lived in a house with a basement but I think the stuff that gets put down there must be like the stuff people put in an attic. Stuff that deep down you know you'll never use again but just can't bring yourself to get rid of it.

When I sold the family home and moved into my condo I remember my son and I cleaning out the attic. Let's just say that we looked like Sandford and Son in the pickup truck going to the dump! I swear there was stuff up there that I hadn't seen in 20 years!

So I have a new rule-if I don't need it enough for it to be in my house I don't need it in the attic either! My attic here is empty and I plan to keep it that way.

Oh and cleaning out the two car garage in the old house-well, that's a whole story in itself!

PLUS!

Last edited by dixieva; August 6th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Old August 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
That's a big job Ed!
[font=Arial Black][color=#0000ff]When I sold the family home and moved into my condo I remember my son and I cleaning out the attic. Let's just say that we looked like Sandford and Son in the pickup truck going to the dump! I swear there was stuff up there that I hadn't seen in 20 years!
Exactly! We've had several older relatives pass on and so we've ended up with "stuff" from Kathy's mom, my parents and several aunts and uncles. Mostly pictures and legal documents that seemed a good idea to keep at the time. As you say, after 20 years their usefulness, if any, has long passed.

So far we are averaging only a 25% salvage rate.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznation View Post
Exactly! We've had several older relatives pass on and so we've ended up with "stuff" from Kathy's mom, my parents and several aunts and uncles. Mostly pictures and legal documents that seemed a good idea to keep at the time. As you say, after 20 years their usefulness, if any, has long passed.

So far we are averaging only a 25% salvage rate.
You might find www.freecycle.org helpful. No $$ changes hands, and it keeps things from heading to the dump that others might find useful. Post it, and when someone responds to the ad, tell them where to pick it up, put it out front and it disappears.

Georgia and Diane

Celebrity Elite Members

Closed Thread