Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > British Isles/Western Europe

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

British Isles/Western Europe Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)

Old August 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Shore Excursions

Has anyone heard of a new company located in the UK called Cruise Excursions? They have been in business for 18 months. Wondering if anyone is familiar w/them.

Old August 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have not used them but I vaguely recall reading of the on either the British Isles board or a cruise review. Like others posted, check these locations out, you may get much more info.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Old August 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
5,000+ Club

Established in the past year, they're an excursion booking agency working on commission. (like Viator or City Discovery), not a tour operator. So they have no real control over the quality of the excursion.
Like Viator, they take some of the hard work out of hunting for an excursion & they're way cheaper than ship's tours (though that's not difficult ). With a bit of ferretting you could book direct with the operator a bit cheaper, but - esp if it involves front-money - you'll find it easier to get redress from them than from some e-mail address in a far-off country. Haven't used them, used Viator withot problem a couple of times in specific circumstances. And heard very little about them, nothing negative, but its early days yet. They claim to offer excursions world-wide, but currently they're majoring only on Europe.

If you're tempted, double-check their ABTA credentials.

And come back to let us know how you got on

JB

Old August 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you so much John. I really appreciate the info and I will certainly post what I find out and if I end up using them.