Posted August 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
We are sailing next month with a 13 month old and i have been doing mad research. Here are some gems I have come across:
- blow up mini splash pool (>$5 at target) is great for a private pool for them on the lido and/or use as a bathtub in the shower.
- blue painters tape - to keep the fridge and cabinets baby proofed.
- powdered pedialyte - in case of sickness.
- tiny diner tray - we never go to any restaurant without this.
- lots of ziploc bags. You can make up day bags of a couple diapers and wipes to quickly grab when you leave the room.. also for dirty diapers, sand, seashells, etc.
- lovey. everytime you leave the room, put the lovey away so it doesn't accidentally get grabbed as part of the wash.
- any favorite snacks (prepackaged, sealed) for ports.
-disposable bibs & disposable changing pads
- travel lysol spray and clorox wipes to sanitize the room
- binder clips - these will work as towel chair clips, to keep the curtains closed or even to clip a blanket to the stroller.
- Noise machine, if your baby is used to it as home.
- Inflatable life vest (takes up 0 room in luggage)
- twice as many diapers and wipes you think you'll need. I suggest keeping track the week or two before so you know your baby's needs.
- bottles, sippys, spoons, dish soap and bottle brush - to wash the bottles in your sink every night.
- individual laundry soap packet and sink stopper - in case of emergency clothes washing that might need to be done.
- new toys to keep them interested. don't bring them all out at once.
- travel dvd player (kindle, ipad, etc) to put movies on when waiting for things.
I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me!
Carnival Triumph - April 2005
Carnival Victory - July 2006
Oasis of the Seas - October 2010
Carnival Valor- September 2012