Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Silversea Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Silversea Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!
Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Venetian Society Sapphire pins

I don't mean to be whiny but we were presented with an empty gift bag in February when we crossed our 100 days. Actually, a card inside it said the pins would be mailed to our home in the upcoming weeks.

This evening, while reminding my TA that we'll get the 100 days discount, I was reminded that those pins never arrived at our home.

How long does is usually take for non-US based people to get them? And with whom should I follow up?

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianKate View Post
I don't mean to be whiny but we were presented with an empty gift bag in February when we crossed our 100 days. Actually, a card inside it said the pins would be mailed to our home in the upcoming weeks.

This evening, while reminding my TA that we'll get the 100 days discount, I was reminded that those pins never arrived at our home.

How long does is usually take for non-US based people to get them? And with whom should I follow up?
If you live in the UK the answer is never. The ship was out of them when we hit our 100 day mark and gave the same story. After a few weeks contacted the UK office to be told they would be mailed as soon as they had some. Gave up waiting after 6 months and a couple of fruitless prompts.

But do not fret, the free laundry and the 5% Venetian Soc discount are the only things that really matter.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spectre View Post
But do not fret, the free laundry and the 5% Venetian Soc discount are the only things that really matter.
Agreed. I do not recall ever seeing anyone wearing a pin. I turned mine back in at Reception for recycling!

Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
Agreed. I do not recall ever seeing anyone wearing a pin. I turned mine back in at Reception for recycling!
Newbies wear them with pride, as we did. I have 3 - now all pinned to my golf hat! Love to explain what they represent.....

And did you know that the Tiffany store employees wear them on their lapels? I was surprised to see them. Of course they don't say Silversea but it's the exact pin.

Old July 5th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Love your idea, Dusababy. You must be tres chic out there on the course.

Old July 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

CanadianKate, I would write an e-mail to Mark Flager, VS VP, @ markf@silversea.com. When they run out of pins it seems to take forever until they get a new batch. I have seen many pins on Venetian Night, even on my husband, and we are not newbies!

Old July 5th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you, Duct Tape! I'll do that when I get home and have access to the pertinent details.

In the meantime, we saw the Queen Mary arrive in Halifax a few days ago and have started emailing our agent about next January's trip. Funny, I wasn't interested in cruising at all until the moment I saw the cruise ship in the harbour!

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Finally remembered to email last Thursday. My email was answered the same day and today I opened the door to FedEx with a parcel for us from Fort Lauderdale. It took me a second to think who I knew in Fort Lauderdale!

Old August 17th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default I recommend QM2!

I'm very happy you finally received your pin, CanadianKate. I've often thought of a Transatlantic voyage, but felt we should only take the QM2, since it was purpose-built for these North Atlantic crossings. But our only cruise experience was on Silversea, so we weren't certain we'd enjoy that "really big ship" experience.

We decided to "test" QM2 on a 5-day NYC-NYC voyage in July 2010... and really loved it. You can see my lengthy evaluation (so what else is new...) in the Member Reviews here. One aspect I was unprepared for was falling in love with being part of the Cunard tradition. Yes, things are a little different today than when David Niven sailed, but you feel it all the same, and it's very exciting. And I was surprised that the service we received (we were in a category B in-hull balcony stateroom) was just as good as on Silversea.

It was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad you're going to try it!