Alexandria/Luxor - one day ship tour anyone done it?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:06 AM.
19,300 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Fragile-Beauty
It can be done. Cairo, Luxor in the 2 days. The only caveat is that the plane lands in Cairo at 3:00 p.m. and "all aboard is at 7:15 p.m" and it is a 3:00 drive from Cairo to Alexandria. That leaves 1 hour 15 minutes for delay in plane or traffic.

L
That is too close. However, we are scheduled on a flight next year from Luxor to Cairo and I believe that the plane is scheduled to land at 2:10PM. This is with Egypt Air.

Note there are also earlier flights back to Cairo. Why don't you fly back the next morning on the earlier flight?. Go to the Egypt Air website as there are more options.

I also thought they had or were planning flights directly from Alexandria.
274 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
We are on Princess and they do not have a ship sponsored tour of Cairo and Luxor from Alexandria. I think I read that Royal Carib. had a tour flying from Alexandria.

Thanks for your help, will look into earlier flights.