Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends who sailed Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusCruiser View Post
Hmm... I have been looking at cruises to South America. Apparently...we can take Carnival Splendor from Long Beach down south and then loop up all the way to New York for a grand total of 48 days!! That will be a fantastic vacation!!

One can dream!!
Joe, I was looking at those also. Who has 48 days vacation??As you said~~one can dream..............

2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

Old August 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsbrown View Post
Joe, I was looking at those also. Who has 48 days vacation??As you said~~one can dream..............
Actually... I have. So do you, Nance!

Let's go on the cruise together!! Just say the word! Hahaha...

It's already night time here so I am allowed to dream.

Celebrity Infinity - Feb/Mar 2014 - South America/Antarctica
Carnival Legend - Sep/Oct 2013 - Transatlantic

Carnival Breeze - June 2012 - Mediterranean
Coral Princess - May 2011 - Alaska

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Actually... I have. So do you, Nance!

Let's go on the cruise together!! Just say the word! Hahaha...

It's already night time here so I am allowed to dream.
Sign me up for that one too

Sorry I haven't been on here much... too busy... and it's only going to get worse for the second half of the year... hope everyone is well

Next Up:
RCCL Jewel of the Seas (02/15) - Tortola, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, and St. Kitts

Past Cruises:
Carnival Sunshine (01/14) - Key West and the Bahamas * Carnival Legend (07/13) - England, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Estonia, and the Netherlands * Carnival Destiny (01/13) - Bahamas and Turks and Caicos * Carnival Breeze (06/12) - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, and Croatia * Carnival Magic (01/12) - Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands * Caribbean Princess (04/11) - St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba * Carnival Freedom (01/11) - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and the Bahamas * Carnival Miracle (03/10) - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia * Carnival Dream (10/09) Italy, Croatia, and Spain * Carnival Freedom (05/09) - Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize * Carnival Legend (01/09) - Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Cayman Islands

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavin View Post
Sign me up for that one too

Sorry I haven't been on here much... too busy... and it's only going to get worse for the second half of the year... hope everyone is well

Yes... not been hearing from you, Ange... including my e-mail reply.

48 days around South America? You sure the candle mines will still be there when you get back? Anyways... I have checked... Carnival Splendor goes through that route from Feb to March.

Old August 15th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Yes... not been hearing from you, Ange... including my e-mail reply.

48 days around South America? You sure the candle mines will still be there when you get back? Anyways... I have checked... Carnival Splendor goes through that route from Feb to March.
Don't worry Joe... I didn't forget you... consider yourself lucky, most didn't even get an initial email yet... but I'll get there :P

Working towards operation have less jobs...so if it plays, I should have Jan-Mar free most years... we'll see how it goes

Next Up:
RCCL Jewel of the Seas (02/15) - Tortola, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, and St. Kitts

Past Cruises:
Carnival Sunshine (01/14) - Key West and the Bahamas * Carnival Legend (07/13) - England, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Estonia, and the Netherlands * Carnival Destiny (01/13) - Bahamas and Turks and Caicos * Carnival Breeze (06/12) - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, and Croatia * Carnival Magic (01/12) - Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands * Caribbean Princess (04/11) - St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba * Carnival Freedom (01/11) - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and the Bahamas * Carnival Miracle (03/10) - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Lucia * Carnival Dream (10/09) Italy, Croatia, and Spain * Carnival Freedom (05/09) - Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize * Carnival Legend (01/09) - Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Cayman Islands

Old August 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Joe, I may have the time, but not sure about the money!!! But would love to do a cruise like this

Heading to Iceland tomorrow for a wedding. Should be interesting

2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

Old August 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsbrown View Post
Joe, I may have the time, but not sure about the money!!! But would love to do a cruise like this

Heading to Iceland tomorrow for a wedding. Should be interesting
Wow... Iceland!! How exciting!! Make sure you post pictures... at least on FB. Otherwise, send them to me and I will help you post!

And please... it's not a lot of money for a 48-day cruise. Perhaps from now... one less high end cappuccino per day will do.

Actually... it is three separate cruises joint together (17+13+18) so I am not sure if they give extra discounts if we book three cruises in a roll!!

Old August 15th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Old August 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Looks awesome

Nance - have a blast in Iceland

Next Up:

Past Cruises:

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:04 AM
5,000+ Club

hey eveeryone, loving the new position but the drive is taking a toll. I drive about three hours a day so we are looking for a place closer for us to bring the notor home so I dont have to drive so much!

Later, I will also dream about the 48 day cruise! lol

2014 Sunshine
2014 possible Australian cruise???
2012 Breeze, Inaugural cruise!!!
2011 July Triumph
2010 Splendor
2009 Miracle
2008 Triumph
2007 Victory
2005 Conquest
2004 Celebration
2003 Holiday
2002 Inspiration
2001 Celebration

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyinglife View Post
hey eveeryone, loving the new position but the drive is taking a toll. I drive about three hours a day so we are looking for a place closer for us to bring the notor home so I dont have to drive so much!

Later, I will also dream about the 48 day cruise! lol
Bringing your home to work? Wow.. you must really like the job!!

Yes... a 48-day cruise does seem like a lot. But you don't have to take all 3 cruises. You can always fly to or from one of the cruise start/end ports, and take just 1 or 2 cruises.

I rarely get to so South America so if I do go... I want to do a comprehensive one.

I think it is a great way to visit South America without having to worry about transport and accommodation especially in places where language is an issue.

Old August 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Bringing your home to work? Wow.. you must really like the job!!

Yes... a 48-day cruise does seem like a lot. But you don't have to take all 3 cruises. You can always fly to or from one of the cruise start/end ports, and take just 1 or 2 cruises.

I rarely get to so South America so if I do go... I want to do a comprehensive one.

I think it is a great way to visit South America without having to worry about transport and accommodation especially in places where language is an issue.
Thought about you this week - I can only wear scrubs that are one color, and I didnt chose it. It's purple - I was meant to do PRN work there! LOL

2014 Sunshine
2014 possible Australian cruise???
2012 Breeze, Inaugural cruise!!!
2011 July Triumph
2010 Splendor
2009 Miracle
2008 Triumph
2007 Victory
2005 Conquest
2004 Celebration
2003 Holiday
2002 Inspiration
2001 Celebration

Old August 25th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyinglife View Post
Thought about you this week - I can only wear scrubs that are one color, and I didnt chose it. It's purple - I was meant to do PRN work there! LOL

Aww... glad I am in your thoughts. You know... I can never forget your voice. So unique!!

Old August 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Popping by to say HELLO!
Super busy with work - the faster I go, the behinder I get....

Joe, South America sounds like an amazing trip - but there is no way I can swing 48 consecutive days away from work -unless i retire
but i can consider one leg of the trip. I will give it some thought

hope all is well with everyone. Miss y'all!

UPCOMING
Carnival Breeze - Nov '14 - Caribbean~Carnival Imagination - December '14 - Baja Mexico~ RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Feb '15 So Caribbean

SAILED
Carnival Imagination - April '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Imagination - February '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Sunshine - Jan '14 - Caribbean~ Carnival Inspiration - December '13 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Legend - July '13 - Baltics ~ Carnival Breeze - March '13 - Eastern Caribbean ~Carnival Inspiration - December '12 ~ Carnival Breeze - July '12 - Grand Mediterranean (Inaugural)~ NCL EPIC - '11 -Western Caribbean~ NCL Pride of America - '03 - Hawaiian Islands ~ RCCL - '96 Baja ~ SS Azure Seas - '87 Baja Mexico

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by travln_isa View Post
Popping by to say HELLO!
Super busy with work - the faster I go, the behinder I get....

Joe, South America sounds like an amazing trip - but there is no way I can swing 48 consecutive days away from work -unless i retire
but i can consider one leg of the trip. I will give it some thought

hope all is well with everyone. Miss y'all!
Hello mdm! Finally get to see you back here!

We are all waiting for Nance's Iceland adventure report! Haha...

Yes... 48 days is a long time even for me as well... but with proper planning, I bet I can pull it off.

But ya... you could easily take the 170day cruise starting from Long Beach which will be convenient for you and one less air ticket to buy.

Old August 28th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

But ya... you could easily take the 170day cruise starting from Long Beach which will be convenient for you and one less air ticket to buy.

Errrm... just realise the typo... 17-day cruise, I mean.

Old September 1st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Gang
Wanted to drop in and say hello, hope you havent forgotten about me. Well retirement didnt last too long. My old employer called....you can figure. Wanted to know if I was interested in coming back for a little or as much as I want to work. So I am working 2 days a week. Kinda tired of sitting on my butt.
Been on the board for our Dec 16th on the Breeze. What a snooze fest. Not that anything can compare to this group, but I was hoping for a little more. 105 days out and we are on page 5. We use to do that much in one morning
Miss you guys
Tom

Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisertommyboy View Post
Hey Gang
Wanted to drop in and say hello, hope you havent forgotten about me. Well retirement didnt last too long. My old employer called....you can figure. Wanted to know if I was interested in coming back for a little or as much as I want to work. So I am working 2 days a week. Kinda tired of sitting on my butt.
Been on the board for our Dec 16th on the Breeze. What a snooze fest. Not that anything can compare to this group, but I was hoping for a little more. 105 days out and we are on page 5. We use to do that much in one morning
Miss you guys
Tom

Hey Tom...nice to hear from you. Glad that you are back to doing the thing you love. But take it easy ya... find more hobbies and more cruises!! South America anyone??

As for me... well... after kissing a few "frogs", I finally found a gal that I am now seeing on a regularly basis. She is divorced and a mother of 2 (16 & 12). Never thought I would be receptive to that, but here I am.

At least I am smiling a lot more these days... and definitely happy about that.

Gwyn... wanted to talk to you about your own experience... but guess our schedule just did not sync up. Well... I will see where this goes.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Joe, glad you are out of the frog kissing market. I dont remember not seeing you without a smile on your face, but then you were on a cruise. Hope vusiness has been good to you

Gwyn, hope you werent affected by Isaac to much and maybe things are getting back to normal.

Nance, how was Iceland? Ive heard it is really lovely

Tom

Last edited by Cruisertommyboy; September 2nd, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Okay Joe, It didnt make any difference to me but Karen wanted particulars. How long have you been seeing this girl/lady and how did you meet? etc.

South America sounds amazing. Having the time to go is not a problem but paying for it is a whole different story. When were you looking at going
Tom