Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Seabourn Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Seabourn Cruise Line Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old August 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Quest.....SPA experience

Can anyone describe the SPA facilities and what they enjoyed the most. What are the fees per visit and can you get some package pricing.

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default ... and, what about the Spa Villa?

I've read what few paragraphs Seabourn has published about the "Spa Villa" on the Quest, I assume it is the same for the other "Big Sisters". Has anyone spent any time up there? They only have one 3-hour "package" offering massages/facials/baths in the Villa. Must you book a package, or can you book the Villa by-the-hour? Will they serve lunch in the Villa? Bring Drinks?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Jen

Old August 31st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

I was on the Quest last September and had 2 SPA treatments - hair (color etc) and manicure / pedicure. Facilities were first class and prices pretty much the same as the city salon I use in Sydney, Australia. I'm not into massages so can't comment on those.

Old September 26th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Spa lounge

On our last Seabourn Cruise, we paid for unlimited access to the spa lounge. It was, I think, something like $120 for the length of the cruise.
We loved it, and spent many afternoons there (we were traveling from Buenos Aris to Valparaiso, and it was often too chilly outside to enjoy lounging; the heated spa Just perfect! Heated lounges, a hot and cold some more walking pool, and access to a lovely private deck. We never ordered food there; but as two of generally four passengers total in the area, my senses they would have provided anything we requested.

We're definitely going to do this again on our 18 dae (many days at sea) Cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso next month. After Internet charges, we're not sure what was going to do with the rest of our 1100+ dollars of onboard credits. :-)
November 2012- Seabourn Sojourn, FLL-Valparaiso
January 1012 - Celebrity Eclipse, E Caribbean
November 2011- Seabourn Sojourn, Southern South America
May 2011- Celebrity Summit- Bermuda
January 2011- Celebrity Solstice E. Caribbean
August 2010 Celebrity Solstice- B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean
August 2009- Celebrity Equinox- E. Med and Egypt
April 2009- Celebrity Summit- TATL San Juan-Barcelona
October 2008- NCL Jade- E. Med and Egypt
March 2008- NCL Pride of America-Hawaii
August 2007- MSC Orchestra- Eastern Med
April 2007- Victoria Prince- Yangtze
October 2006-Explorer of the Seas- W. Caribbean
August 2006- Louis Perla- Turkey/Greece
July 2006- Crown Princess- Caribbean
March 2006- MSC Lyrica-Central America
May 2004- Carnival Destiny-Caribbean
August 2003-HAL Oosterdam Baltics-
January 2001- RCCL Majesty Bahamas
February 2000- RCCLSovereign Bahamas
January 2000- HAL Caribbean
December 1999-RCCLSoverign Bahamas
October 1999-RCCL Sovereign Bahamas
June 1999- NCL Bahamas

Old September 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

Having spa treatments for me is synonymous with cruising and the Spa at Seabourn has never let me down. I usually stick to the traditional swedish or deep tissue massages rather than the hot stone or teabag massages. The masseurs are always able to find my trouble spots and knead them out.

On my last cruise I had the semipermanent polish pedicure. It resisted hours in the hot tub and kilometers of walking around ports. I will for sure repeat that treatment on my next cruise.

My husband REALLY enjoyed the frangipane head massage treatment, I will try that on our next cruise as well.

One bit of information that I learned on this board several months ago is that there is a 20% gratuity already added into the price which is well deserved. Until then I was also adding on 20%, now I add on 5 to 10$ depending on the length of treatment. I believe in tipping, but not double tipping.

Old September 26th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

On our only (so far) cruise on the Quest I did have a lovely Swedish / deep tissue massage, which sorted out more than a few knots. The ambience was lovely, with the heated loungers and the slightly strange walking pool thing - it didn't feel very elegant having to hoik my gown up while I paddled!

The beautician did make a couple of suggestions re products, but not in a pushy way at all, and I did go back and buy one of them when we had some OBC left on the last day!

2015: Oceania Marina: Cape Town to Rio de Janeiro
2015: Seabourn Quest: Route of the Conquistadors (Manaus to Caribbean to FLL and TA to Barcelona)
2014: Celebrity Eclipse: Icelands and Fjords (Round trip from Southampton)
2013: Seabourn Quest: Route of Magellan (TA Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro)
2012: Grand Princess: Canary Islands (Round trip from Southampton)
2011: Seabourn Quest: Adriatic Coast (Athens to Venice)
2009: Cunard QM2: Southampton to NYC and back
2008: Emerald Princess: Eastern Med and Greek Islands (Venice to Rome)
1964: Cunard Queen Elizabeth to NYC, back on Queen Mary - does that count?!?

Old September 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve007NY View Post
On our last Seabourn Cruise, we paid for unlimited access to the spa lounge. It was, I think, something like $120 for the length of the cruise.
We loved it, and spent many afternoons there (we were traveling from Buenos Aris to Valparaiso, and it was often too chilly outside to enjoy lounging; the heated spa Just perfect! Heated lounges, a hot and cold some more walking pool, and access to a lovely private deck. We never ordered food there; but as two of generally four passengers total in the area, my senses they would have provided anything we requested.

We're definitely going to do this again on our 18 dae (many days at sea) Cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso next month. After Internet charges, we're not sure what was going to do with the rest of our 1100+ dollars of onboard credits. :-)
Hi Steve
How r u doing? We're going on the Odyssey Nov 10th through the Suez Canal-we'll miss you guys! Karen sends her love
Lary

Old September 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Does anyone know the "VILLA"?

Thanks all for the great Spa information! Is the Spa Villa so exclusive and private that nobody has been there yet? I am able to find out VERY limited info on services available, costs, etc. Can anyone help????

Jen

Old September 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'Jenny2 View Post
Thanks all for the great Spa information! Is the Spa Villa so exclusive and private that nobody has been there yet? I am able to find out VERY limited info on services available, costs, etc. Can anyone help????

Jen
go to Seabourns web site and send customer service an email w/all ur questions. they get back w/in 24 hrs with real answers

Old September 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Tried that...

Laryrob - That was the first thing I tried! After several frustrating emails in which I received absolutely no new info at all, I gave up. Basically Seabourn told me that there was available a 3-hour package booking - you get 2 massages, 2 facials and a "bath" for 2, at $799. This is available for booking on the website with the other advance-booking Spa offerings. When I told them the facial would be wasted on my husband and that we don't want someone to give us a bath, I was told that all other Villa packages are customized once on board and that there is absolutely no way to book them until you have arrived on the ship. OK, if we were doing a TA crossing or some cruise with a lot of sea days, that would work. But, our cruise is 21 days with only 3 sea days - I just know that it will be "sold out" by the time we board. I told them I would like to go ahead and book the 3-hour package just to reserve the afternoon, then amend it and "customize" the package once on board. I was told "ABSOLUTELY NO, you can't do that".

So... I'm just putting the question out there... What is really available? What is the Villa like, and is it worth all this brain damage to book it????

Jen

Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Spa...

We bought the unlimited spa access package on an 11 day cruise for $300. It was marvelous. If anyone else bought this package, we never met them.

The aft outside and inside spa was ours alone. We enjoyed a bed with privacy linen curtains and a view of ocean looking aft. There are a number of other seating and lounging options outside. Inside, they've warmed beds (sorta like orbs) with a fountain providing soft background sounds and gentle 'Zen' music. It's an instant sleeping pill.

Service was excellent and frequently they discreetly checked if we wanted anything...typical Seabourn excellence there too.

My wife found spa treatments (massage, facials, toe-jobs and all the exotic applications...) on sale during sea days and never had problems with appointment hours.

Those who get spa treatments have use of the private spa area.

The private spa pass in our opinion is a must have, must not miss Seabourn feature on their Odyssey class ships.

Old October 4th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'Jenny2 View Post
Laryrob - That was the first thing I tried! After several frustrating emails in which I received absolutely no new info at all, I gave up. Basically Seabourn told me that there was available a 3-hour package booking - you get 2 massages, 2 facials and a "bath" for 2, at $799. This is available for booking on the website with the other advance-booking Spa offerings. When I told them the facial would be wasted on my husband and that we don't want someone to give us a bath, I was told that all other Villa packages are customized once on board and that there is absolutely no way to book them until you have arrived on the ship. OK, if we were doing a TA crossing or some cruise with a lot of sea days, that would work. But, our cruise is 21 days with only 3 sea days - I just know that it will be "sold out" by the time we board. I told them I would like to go ahead and book the 3-hour package just to reserve the afternoon, then amend it and "customize" the package once on board. I was told "ABSOLUTELY NO, you can't do that".

So... I'm just putting the question out there... What is really available? What is the Villa like, and is it worth all this brain damage to book it????

Jen
As soon as you board, go to the Spa and book whatever you want. They also have boarding day specials that you can sign up for and use any other day. You will find that there are no hoards of people trying to sign up for appointments. The problem comes when people realize that "tomorrow is a sea day, maybe I'll book a massage...."

You didn't say if you are on a long 21 day cruise or 3 back-to-backs. If the latter, there will be practically no bookings for the second and third week and very few for the first.

You can probably get a refund on your package when you are on board and book something different. Also, very few people sign up for unlimited access. I do stay at the spa for a while when I have my treatments and have never seen more than 2 or 4 people using the lounging facilities.

So relax, and enjoy the spa.

Old October 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

My partner is one of those burn to a crisp individuals, even when slathered with sunblock so A covered place is an essential for him on any long cruise. I can tell you that last time, there were never more than two other people so I certainly wouldn't worry about Crowds!
November 2012- Seabourn Sojourn, FLL-Valparaiso
January 1012 - Celebrity Eclipse, E Caribbean
November 2011- Seabourn Sojourn, Southern South America
May 2011- Celebrity Summit- Bermuda
January 2011- Celebrity Solstice E. Caribbean
August 2010 Celebrity Solstice- B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean
August 2009- Celebrity Equinox- E. Med and Egypt
April 2009- Celebrity Summit- TATL San Juan-Barcelona
October 2008- NCL Jade- E. Med and Egypt
March 2008- NCL Pride of America-Hawaii
August 2007- MSC Orchestra- Eastern Med
April 2007- Victoria Prince- Yangtze