Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old August 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry I really did not go anywhere, just one of those days at work if you know what I mean, I guess we all have to go back to reality sometime. I have tried all week to get pool side drinks at work, a nice lounger to relax on, someone to cook me snacks and meals, but no one is cooperating. I think it is some kind of mutiny!
Day two
This was the day we went to Cocoa Cay. We had decided to take a later boat to the island since we had no scheduled reservations. So many people try to hurry to those first boats you have a long, long wait to get your turn. I think we went ashore sometime around 10 or 10:30, and the line once you got down to deck 1 was maybe 10 or 15 minutes at the most to board. Prior to go down there though we went up to the windjammer to have some breakfast. There was basically no one in the windjammer so we did not have to fight our way to find a table. We ate every breakfast at the windjammer the week we were on the cruise so I do not have anything to compare it to, sorry. I have heard lots of good things about breakfast in the MDR but we just never got around to getting there for breakfast.
After the short jaunt to get onto the island we scouted out some loungers close to some shade. I left Logan with our things while I took Ryan over to get him signed up to parasail. I don’t know the normal procedure for this but they were able to get him out and on the boat within about 15 minutes. You could see the boats with the parasailers running all over. I would imagine the view breathtaking. So after getting him off I headed back to Logan to rent a locker and snorkeling equipment. This is one of two times during the day that I was disappointed with the quality of service we were given. We got into line to get the equipment and the lady running the counter got our information and moved us around the corner to get our fins and snorkels. When we got into line the two men inside were very short tempered and snappy. I do understand that they see hundreds and hundreds of people every day with varying amounts of skills. But we were rudely pushed through the line without any instructions or letting us know that there was going to be any kind of orientation on the equipment. After the emergency valve was released on my vest we went to get another vest and they were incredibly rude. They wanted to know why we did not listen to the boy giving the demo. I really did not say anything to them but went over and got a quick demo on everything, and checked out the map to see where things were sunk to swim too. I know when we went back to the lounger and put our shoes under the seats we helped another family with their equipment. So I am certain they were not letting people know any of this information. But after that the snorkeling was incredible. The canon was by far my favorite spot. The fish swimming under and around you leaves you humbled as to how small we really are in the vastness of this earth.
We spent about 2 hours swimming around and relaxing in the water, before going in to catch some dinner and drinks. Dinner was normal bbq fare, hamburgers, hotdogs and trimmings. Nothing amazing, all good though. I did find the Caribbean corn, MMMMM! I had to go back to get 2 more of those. This is where the second disappointment comes. The sea gulls, UGGG. They were a nuisance; I do not know what they could do differently but they are unappealing when you are trying to eat. After dinner Logan and Ryan headed back to the water to snorkel some more while I rested in the shade under the palms.
I do have to send out kudos to the island employee that found Logan’s seapass and just happened to be going by us as we were backtracking looking for it. Him carrying the seapass and Logan’s distinctive lanyard caught my eye and we were able to quickly get back onto ship. Back on ship we headed back to our cabins to shower and relax.

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

More! More!

Great review. I might have to rethink snorkling. Wasn't going to, although I love it. Hummmmmmmm???????

12/6/14 Oasis ITS/W Caribbean
11/29/14 Oasis OTS/E Caribbean
12/12/13 Serenade OTS/Caribbean
5/5/13 Celebrity Summit/Bermuda
9/23/12 Freedom OTS/E Caribbean
11/26/11 Navigator OTS/E Caribbean
2/28/11 Monarch OTS/Bahamas
10/14/10 Explorer OTS/Canada & New England
12/13/09 Freedom OTS/W Caribbean
3/2/09 Jewel OTS/Panama Canal
9/1/08 Sovereign OTS/Bahamas
3/3/07 Grandeur OTS/W Caribbean
9/17/06 Mariner OTS/E Caribbean
11/18/01 Sovereign OTS/Bahamas

Old August 31st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Good Friday Morning All!!
We made it another week closer to our next cruise, LOL.
Sorry I did not get these on last night but the only scanner I have access to is here at work so it had to wait till this am as soon as I got to work. I love working at a place that lets me creep around CC all day long.

Teen compass
Cruise compass
pg 2
pg 3
pg 4

some random pics first one of the boardwalk second a closer one of cocoa cay.

Old September 1st, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Please continue your review, I'm so enjoying it.