Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella777 View Post
Wow! As I read this, I feel like crying! I will certainly be praying for your cousin. I would like to know his name so I can pray for him by name, if you please.
His name is Stephen Royer. Thanks so much.

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Prayers and hugs from me too.
Grand Princess, 27 February 2009 (Oh Yeah)
Monarch of the Seas, 22 March 2010 (and WDW afterwards). Fingers Crossed! YES, made it.
Emerald Princess, 7 April to 16 May 2011 (B2B2B -(fingers crossed again). Had to cancel 7 and 27 April due to bereavement. Still hope to do 17 April. Made the 17th April with daughter, son and girlfriend. Scattered DH's ashes at sea, as he wanted.

Celebrating our 45th Anniversary on the Emerald. Did get there for anniversary but not quite as we'd planned.

Noordam 1st March 2013 for 21 days

Noordam 28th February 2014

Old September 1st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thank you all so much. Steve is still in a coma and the swelling is coming down somewhat, but it's a long process. Holding his own.

Old September 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Sending prayers for your cousin.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Steve is doing good today. Brought him up out of sedation for awhile this afternoon and he was kicking like a chicken. Didn't open eyes though or follow direct commands.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Pat

Thanks for the update on Egon. I am so glad he is recovering and he is keeping in touch.

So sorry to hear of the terrible accident your cousin had. He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Gail

Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird23 View Post
I would love to have a prayer chain for my cousin who was involved in a serious biking accident in Florida on Wednesday. He was training for an upcoming triathalon. He is in a medical-induced coma, has serious cracks of the spine, a collapsed lung, laceration to the neck, fractured ribs and is in critical condition. A dump truck pulled out in front of him and he collided head-on into the truck. He is 32 years old. Thank you all.
Pat
What an awful thing to happen to Stephen. I hope that the truck was cited for negligence so that he can have the truck's insurance company pay for the care he is going to need. It sounds like he will need a lot of rehab when he gets healthy enough to leave the hospital, which I will pray will happen.
MOS/WGIG #104

Friend of Henry

NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Radiance of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, Feb.12, 2010
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, Oct. 29, 2010
Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 12, 2011, bahamas
Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda, Oct.2013
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14

Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

How's Steve doing today, Pat?

Karen

Old September 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogsrule View Post
How's Steve doing today, Pat?

Karen
This is the latest update from his brother Jesse:
No change again today. No medical BS tonight, just this.........."If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." -Fred Rogers. Till tomorrow. -Jesse.

Thanks so much for caring Karen. Much appreciated.

Steve has the following: FX orbit left top and bottom, FX facial bone, FX intracranial, chip FX in thoracid spine not interfering with spinal column, 3 FX ribs, puntured lung, in medically induced coma, intubated, feed tube, drains in brain. Has not opened eyes since last Wednesday morning. Keep praying as hard as you can.

Last edited by Nanny5; September 4th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

Old September 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Pat - So sorry to hear about Steve. I will add him to my prayer circle.

Old September 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Holy cow Pat, when you put it all down on paper like that, it really sounds awful, what all he's battling!! But...remember he's very young, and as a triathalon athlete must have been very fit and healthy, the odds are so very much on his side. I mean, look at what all Egon has done/fought and he's well more than twice Steve's age...the human body and spirit are amazing. We'll all keep praying for him, but I hope your family keeps the faith. When my cousin had been in a horrible car accident and had severe brain trauma, we all talked to her constantly, played her favorite music, told her jokes, everything, and to this day I'm convinced she 'heard' us and knew we were there, and that it made a difference. We'll keep pumpin' out them prayers for both Steve and all of your family!

Karen

Old September 4th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Prayin' as hard and fast as I can!! God Bless.

Sue

Old September 4th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thank you all so much for the caring.

On the other hand, Egon is still sending me lots and lots of e-mails and funny, pretty and interesting stuff. I sure hope he mends enough to be able to continue to do what he has set out to do in the first place. Only time will tell and I am quite sure he hasn't given up.

Old September 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default update from Steve's brother

The lion continues to sleep at Halifax (hospital). Tomorrow makes seven days. I miss my brother, my friend. -Jesse

Old September 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Finally! I am taking a short cruise Oct 1. It's to the Bahamas, but what the heck...it's a cruise!! I love Coco Cay. Hopefully, the weather will be good. If not, I'm still on a ship!

Old September 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Pat,

Good to hear you will be getting away on a cruise Oct. 1. Short cruise is better than no cruise. Have a wonderful time

Gail

Old September 6th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd crsr View Post
Pat,

Good to hear you will be getting away on a cruise Oct. 1. Short cruise is better than no cruise. Have a wonderful time

Gail
Thanks Gail!

Old September 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird23 View Post
Finally! I am taking a short cruise Oct 1. It's to the Bahamas, but what the heck...it's a cruise!! I love Coco Cay. Hopefully, the weather will be good. If not, I'm still on a ship!
Yea Pat! You certainly deserve to get away after the year you've had. Going solo? Any update today on Steve?

Karen

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Good for you, Pat, a short cruise is great after all you've been through lately!
And I agree, I don't care where I go as long as I'm on a ship! Have a wonderful cruise.

Sue

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Update on Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogsrule View Post
Yea Pat! You certainly deserve to get away after the year you've had. Going solo? Any update today on Steve?

Karen
Prayers are working!!!
Lucky number seven.
Well, well, well guess who had a huge step forward today? Ventilator tube was removed this afternoon and totally removed from sedation. Big surprise for everyone! Steve is now following some very basic commands, albeit very slowly. Not able to speak yet and still some left side deficit. Very confused at this point, but he's "in there way down deep" and "gets it" you can see it in his eye. The journey is still not complete and we have a LONG way to go. Be prepared for setbacks, but each day is a new milestone. Still no visitors outside of the current "core" group, you know who you are. We will let everyone know when he is moved out of critical care. "That's the power of love..."_Huey Lewis.
OUT. -Jesse