Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends who sailed Glory Eastern 11/25/06

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Poptart - Still praying for all of you. Hopefully she will be able to keep down the mashed potatoes and graduate to more solid foods. Thanks for the vote.

Gastro Dr says I have gallstones but can't see inflammation so wants to do an endoscopy. I've been wanting one of these because of the problems I've had swallowing, hoarseness and I think the indigestion is connected to this. Can't get it until 5 Oct. I've had 3 episodes in 1 1/2 weeks and one was really bad. I hope I don't get any on the river cruise. He said if this doesn't show anything then I will get the dye in the gallbladder test.

He wanted to do the colonoscopy at the same time, but one is more than enough for me.

Al and I are going to the Ryan rally tomorrow in Springfield VA.

RCCL Grandeur - 9 nt Carib Adventure 2013 (B2B)
RCCL Grandeur - 3 nt San Juan Getaway 2013
RCCL Enchantment - 7 nt Bahamas 2013
RCCL Explorer - 7 nt Bahamas 2012 (B2B)
RCCL Explorer - 7 nt Bahamas 2012
AMALyra - 10 nt Christmas Time Cruise 2012
RCCL Freedom - 7 nt East Carib 2012 (B2B)
Disney Dream - 7 nt Nat Conf 3nt cruise 2012
Viking 2012
RCCL Jewel- 4 nt West Carib 2011 (B2B)
RCCL Jewel - 5 nt West Carib 2011
RCCL Enchantment - 9 nt East Carib 2011
RCCL Allure - 7 nt West Carib 2011
RCCL Enchantment - 9 nt Canada/New Eng 2011
RCCL Enchantment - 5 nt Bermuda 2011
RCCL Enchantment - 9 night Bahamas-2011
Holland America - Ms Eurodam - 7 day East Carib - 2010 (B2B)
Holland America - Ms Eurodam - 7 day East Carib - 2010
NCL Epic-7 day Western Caribbean - 2010 -(B2B)
NCL Epic-7 day Eastern Caribbean - 2010
RCCL Navigator - Transatlantic - 2010
Celebrity Equinox - Ultimate Caribbean - 2010
RCCL Grandeur - Western Caribbean - 2009/2010 (B2B)
RCCL Grandeur - Western Caribbean - 2009
Celebrity Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic - 2009
RCCL Serenade - Westbound Panama Canal - 2009
RCCL Grandeur - Eastern Caribbean - 2008
(B2B)
RCCL Grandeur - Western Caribbean - 2008
RCCL Grandeur - Caribbean - Repo - 2008 - first Diamond cruise

RCCL Legend - Greece & Eastern Med - 2008
RCCL Grandeur - Caribbean - Repo - 2007
RCCL Brilliance - Transatlantic - 2007
Carnival Glory - Caribbean - 2006
RCCL Vision
(10th Anniv) - Alaska - 2005
NCL Crown - Caribbean - 2004
NCL Star - Hawaii - 2003
Celebrity Galaxy - Caribbean - 2002
RCCL Grandeur - Caribbean - 2001
NCL Norway (5th Anniv) - Caribbean - 2000
RCCL Rhapsody - Baja Calif - 1999
(Millenium Cruise)
RCCL Majesty - Caribbean - 1998
NCL Leeward (1st Anniv) - Caribbean - 1996
NCL Leeward (Wedding) - Caribbean - 1995

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Deb, I like the dress in the blue outfit! I would say to have fun at the Ryan rally, but........LOL!!

Poptart, I can imagine how much Cheri misses her "babies". I really missed my fur babies when I was in the hospital! It's great that the hospital room has a microwave and refridge! Cheri needs some good home cooking!

Ruth, I hope the neuro will figure it out. Of course, tho, you will have to go through bunches of tests!! I have been through 4 neuro doctors and not one could figure out anything. They kept saying that there was nothing wrong with me. It was through my primary doctor that figured it out!

Yesterday, my car died in the parking lot of Kmart! Of course, a big rain storm started at the same time. I was freaking out because I couldn't figure out what to do! I called my daughter and she had a friend give my car a "jump". They figured I needed a new battery!

I used to know how to do these things! Just part of my stroke I guess.

Till later.....

Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Freedom 2013
Carnival Sensation 2012
Carnival Legend 2010
NCL Pearl 2009
NCL Majesty 2008
Carnival Fascination 2007
Carnival Glory 2006
Carnival Fantasy 2005
Carnival Fascination 2003

Old August 18th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aloha

Deb- I had both tests done at one time when in hosp. It was easy. The prep is the sucky part. Gall stones are an issue when they block the bile duct. Thats when u feel pain. Certain foods will trigger that also. I had my gall bladder removed as the pain was so bad I wanted to die!

Peach- I have a good neuro. He has done all my nerve conduction studies. I am going to rule out a brain issue or see if MS has now enterted my life.
I already went to eye dr. so I know that is not causing my blurryness.

This all started 3 weeks ago when I thought my Raynauds was acting up. I am so cold all day and it takes hours under my comforter to get warm. My hands get so cold my fingers go numb.I am wearing a sweatshirt and gloves and 2 pair socks and slippers. I am so cold!

I saw my dermotologist this week for another issue and talked to him abt. my skin changing and seems I develoved something called Curis Marmortata- usually found in infants but adults can get it when they have other autio-immune issues.
My legs developed it when I was in hosp. with that infection for 3 weeks. I kept showing everyone and no one had an answer.
The other day I was in bathroom and pulled my hair back and saw my upper arms had it. I freaked out! I had an appt. the following day with dermatologist and showed him and he told me what it was. No cure. The skin looks marbled. It is enough to make you cover your self. I hope it does not move to my face or I will wear a burka!

My primary dr. has me ticked off at him right now. He made a comment he did not believe in fibromyalgia and that pissed me off so I told him he needed to rethink that and learn abt. it. I will figure this out on my own.

Poptart- another good thing when people are throwing up is plain white rice and baked potatoes. The starch helps keep things down.
Funny -well not, but u know what I mean..Cheri and I have that same darn thing and look how this flippin disease effects each of us so differently.
Seems now that Bob is gone everything in me is coming out. Like it waited or the stress is doing it. We are not suppose to be stressed but that is not easy.
I made my peace with God long ago and I sure have no issue if I go today. I am ready. At least I will see Bob and my family and my son will have everything. Has to be better than this and being alone.
I know if I get sicker I am on my own. My son is way too selfish and only thinks of himself. He whines all the time abt. how bad his back is etc. yet never goes to dr. & never asks abt. me or what dr. said. He really could care less and I know that. Cheri is so blessed to have her family.

Well thats abt. it for today. MUAH!
HAL-Westerdam '99
American Hawaiian-SS Independence '99
Regal-Regal Empress '00
HAL-Zandam '00
HAL-Noordam '01
HAL-Westerdam '02
Costa-Victoria '03
RCCL-Sov.of the Seas '03
Celebrity-Horizon '03
Celebrity-Horizon '04
Carnival-Miracle '05
Carnival-Glory '06
Carnival-Inspiration '07
Costa-Magica x2 '07
Carnival-Inspiration '07
RCCL-Grandeur of the Seas '08
Costa-Fortuna '08
Carnival-Legend '09
RCCL- Monarch of the Seas '09
Carnival-Glory '09
2010-
2011-
Carnival- Paradise '12
HAL- Ryndam '13

Old August 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Poptart - Why does Cheri not want a pic line? Hope she is doing better today.

Rose - I pooped out before Ryan got to the stage. It was in a high school gym. We were close to the front in the middle and it was hot and there was no circulation of the air. I tried to hang in there, but we had been standing there for about 2 1/2 hrs and my feet couldn't take it. My ankles were hurting too. I also felt kind of faint. If someone had come out and talked I might have been ok but some came out and spoke and then went back in. It was about 3:45 and it was to start at 3:15. I went and sat in the lobby and Al stayed. Ryan came out about 2 minutes after I left.

Ruth - Hope the Dr can get you fixed. Hopefully it is just stress that will ease in time and not a new medical condition.

I am working on an essay for theWeight Watchers contest. Wish me luck. I'm not a very good writer and it's limited to 400 words. I'm supposed to write about the a-ha moment that made me join WW and how I transformed my life for the better because of efforts to develop a healthier lifestyle with WW. It is due 2 Sep - cruise starts 1 Sep so I need to get it in next week. I have to get my EP's ok since I put his name in it. My appt with him isn't till 29 Aug and I can't wait that long. I still need to do my after picture.

Viking 2012
(B2B)

RCCL Vision
NCL Star - Hawaii - 2003
(Millenium Cruise)

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
5,000+ Club

Hello all!

Day 14 in the hospital.

Since about Thursday she's been eating a little.
Yes we are taking Cheri homemade food, more nutrition. We make homemade mashed potatoes and heat them up for her.
She can eat toast and a few scrambled eggs at breakfast, then about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and a few small bites of grilled chicken at lunch and dinner. They also give her glercena (insure for diabetics) at every meal. They have learned to only bring the chocolate! They also give her chocolate pudding (calcium) and orange sherbert. When her tummy is very upset the orange sherbert is all she can keep down. It seems to soothe her tummy.

I thought they took the iv completely out, but the needle is still there, they use it to give her the phenergen (one of her nausea meds) Saturday they cut the dose in half and changed it to every 4 hours, she threw up all day and most of the ngiht. They had to change it back to the full dose and every 3 hours on Sunday.

She stills feels nauseated constantly but she does keep the food down. (most of the time)

Allen is spending every other night up there and then going to work the next day. Rachel takes the other nights.

Ashley stays a lot during the day. Her school has started back but until next week she is only going 2 days a week. Her student teaching starts next week and she'll be going 8 hours a day 4 days a week. She has a lot of homework. She has 6 classes plus student teaching. Very heavy load this semster.

I spent Saturday afternoon until Sunday after this weekend. She was up most of the night vomiting so we go very little sleep.

Charles and I go almost daily for a couple of hours.

Thank goodness Rachel's license hasn't come yet so she only works on Saturday so she spends the most time with her mom.

Needless to say we are all worn out. Yes, Cheri could stay by herself, but we just aren't comfortable with that.

The doctor started her on another new med today to try to get her digestive track working again.

I try to keep everone updated on facebook, but I don't go into as much detail.

Just keep praying.

Official Conga Line Leader!

Past Cruises:
Carnival--
Legend 11/13
Dream 10/10
Fantasy 11/09
Legend 11/08
Celebration 9/07
Holiday 3/07
Glory 11/06
Inspiration 11/05
Conquest 11/04
Fantasy 1/03
Pride 11/02
Paradise 7/99
Fantasy 6/94

RCI Monarch of the Seas 04/09
RCI Mariner of the Seas 11/03

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
5,000+ Club

Deb,
sounds like you pooped out just a little too soon to see Ryan! the younger Bush came to Chattanooga during his 1st run for president. Cheri took the girls out of school and we all went. Got there at the butt crack of dawn and waited hours but we were very close to the front. It was standing only in an airport hanger. When we realized how long we would be waiting we just sat down on the floor!!! It was worth and it and the girls still remember.

Don't care for Romey, my opinion is till out on Ryan. But I know I will be voting republican---sorry my democratic friends! I still love you anyway!! I did vote for Clinton the first go round.

Rose,
I know it is so frustrating when you can't remember how to do something! I'm glad you have have family to help you out. Love you soooooo much.

Deb,
so proud of how well you've done with WW. Rooting for you to win!

Ruth,
yup stress is the worst thing for autoimmune disease! Cheri's MS reared it's ugly head about 6 years ago. I hope your neuro doc can get you sorted out.

I bet if you doc had fibromyalgia he would believe in it! I know a lot of doctors don't.

I will ask Cheri if she feels like some rice. I know she likes it.

I could make her some homemade chicken with rice soup. Boil the whole chicken bones and all to make a really healthy stock. Good idea!! If she will eat it I will make it!!

hugs to all
from one pooped poptart

Past Cruises:
Carnival--
Legend 11/13
Dream 10/10
Fantasy 11/09
Legend 11/08
Celebration 9/07
Holiday 3/07
Glory 11/06
Inspiration 11/05
Conquest 11/04
Fantasy 1/03
Pride 11/02
Paradise 7/99
Fantasy 6/94

Old August 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Goodness, in my mail was a packet of 40 pages to fill out with my private insurance disability! Needless to say, I've been busy, plus, Bob is getting ready for his next minor surgury on Thurs.

We are watching the storm Isaac which could be coming our way this week! YUK! Time to go over our hurricane supplies and get everything charged up for that "just in case" plan.

We've been having bad storms every evening and during the night!

Love to all,

Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Freedom 2013
Carnival Sensation 2012
Carnival Legend 2010
NCL Pearl 2009
NCL Majesty 2008
Carnival Glory 2006
Carnival Fantasy 2005

Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aloha

Poptart- I know abt. staying in hosp. I was there for 3 weeks with that secondary infection 2 years ago- how time flies. I don't know how Bob was able to make it thru 9 weeks when he had that infection. 2 months seems so long. If it wasnt for his nurses and me taking him outside in a recliner chair and having 3 other Marines in the room with him I think he would have cracked!

I know Cheri has the Lupus that is attacking her organs- hense all the stomach issues etc. I am sure they looked at her gall bladder and bile duct. I don't know what to say- words just don't seem enough.

Rose- I am watching that darn hurricane. Now starts our real season. Looks like it will hit Dom. Republic and Hati. So Alexandra is gonna get slammed. Those poor souls in Hati that are still 2 years later in tents. There is no grass or trees to block mudslides etc.

I dont think I will evacuate. I am just gonna stay and blow away with Bozzie and Duncan. I am at a point I dont care anymore.

Election time -I hate it. I dont like anyone running. Obama has such a mess and he cant do it in 4 years and Romney ,I dont like someone who puts money in 3 out of the country accts. to avoid US taxes. Yeah he has paid taxes but only on what he keeps in the US. Must be nice to have money in Bahamas, Switzerland and Grand Cayman. Wish I could say that
I dont party vote- I vote the person. When Bob and I registered he said he would do Republican and so I said I will take the other-this way we could get info. on both sides. But we both voted the person and what they stood for.
I will wait till they get to the debates. So far I am not for Romney so he needs to really change my mind. I am also sick of hearing for 4 years Obama isnt an American and he is a Muslim. I dont know if he follows his Muslim background since he doesnt go to a Mosque 5x a day and on Sundays they all go to a church. Just too much negative each election. Just give me the facts.

Deb- you have done an amazing job with your weight - you should be very proud. I gained back 24 # since my knee surgery. I ran so much taking care of Bob and then that stopped and the knee has stopped me. I am not eating as much as I used to. I get sick if I eat meat now so I eat veggies, fruits, salads, eggs, fish. No more desserts, cookies etc. But with the heat I cant walk and the knee is no better. I think I choose the wrong dr. It is still swelled and painful. I can feel it rubbing inside. I hate it.

Now my eye is giving me fits. Gets blurry on and off. Saw eye dr. and he said all was good. Saw neuro. and I did his brain scan yesterday. Next Thur. I see him for results and another nerve conduction test on arms, hands and legs. He wants to see how much worse I have gotten. My left arm goes numb from elbow to hand on and off , My right hand goes numb on and off. My feet hurt on the bottom like they are rubbed raw. All that is my neuropathy.
My eye scares me the most as I am blind in my left and only have a right eye. If I loose that I am screwed.
I have had a headache on and off for a week. My migrane pills are not touching it. I feel like something was crawling in my head on right side.
I am so cold I cant warm up unless I am under my comforter for a few hours. I am wearing 2 pair of socks and gloves! The a/c is set at 76 now! Unless I get a hot flash I am frozen.
I am flippin mess and an emotional mess and getting worse by the day. I hate my life, I hate being here, I hate everything.

Other than that life is good
But then who am I to complain- alot of others have alot worse.

Well thats my weeks issues so happy week all. MUAH!
HAL-Westerdam '99
Regal-Regal Empress '00
HAL-Zandam '00
HAL-Noordam '01
HAL-Westerdam '02
Costa-Victoria '03
RCCL-Sov.of the Seas '03
Celebrity-Horizon '03
Celebrity-Horizon '04
Carnival-Miracle '05
Carnival-Glory '06
Carnival-Inspiration '07
Costa-Magica x2 '07
Carnival-Inspiration '07
Costa-Fortuna '08
Carnival-Legend '09
Carnival-Glory '09
2010-
2011-
Carnival- Paradise '12
HAL- Ryndam '13

Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, Isaac will cause a mess in Florida! My concern is with the GOP in Tampa, all of the conventions in Orlando like the Star Wars thingy this weekend, there are no hotels for the evacuees Everything is booked!!

Now, about politics! LOL I am not 100% democratic. I too, vote after a lot of studies about the candidate. Right now, I am leaning for Pres. Obama because I think the GOP has too much hate, especially on the far right. There doesn't seem to be any moderates in that party any more. I liked Gov Jeb Bush and Gov Crist, but I can't stand Gov Scott here in Fla! My concerns are for the women rights, especially about their health! Also, I don't like the idea on Social Security using a voucher system and with private insurance! I know how that works!!!! CRAPPY!! We love "obamacare" and hope they don't take it away!

Poptart, I am praying for Cheri and am hoping for some good news about her soon!

Deb, I am definately sending good luck with your WW essay and I hope you WIN!!!!!

Ruth, I know you don't feel well, but hang in there! I am anxious how the neuro test results will be!

Love to all,

Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Freedom 2013
Carnival Sensation 2012
Carnival Legend 2010
NCL Pearl 2009
NCL Majesty 2008
Carnival Glory 2006
Carnival Fantasy 2005

Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just a short note to let you know that Bob's procedure today went fine. He will have an ultrasound on Monday to see if it worked!

Love to all....

Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Freedom 2013
Carnival Sensation 2012
Carnival Legend 2010
NCL Pearl 2009
NCL Majesty 2008
Carnival Glory 2006
Carnival Fantasy 2005

Old August 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
5,000+ Club

Rose, so glad to know Bob's minor surgery went well. It's been a horrible week and I haven't been on here.

I do daily updates on facebook. Cheri is on day 18 in the hospital. She is back on the IV drip and today she is "blessed" to be allowed to have some ice chips.

Politics---I don't like either candidate and am also looking forward to the debates. I think we're screwed who ever wins!

Hope everyone stays safe from the hurricanes.

It's my night at the hospital tonight. We are seriously considering hospice right now. I have cried a river of tears this week.

Ya'll just pray for my baby girl.

love

Past Cruises:
Carnival--
Legend 11/13
Dream 10/10
Fantasy 11/09
Legend 11/08
Celebration 9/07
Holiday 3/07
Glory 11/06
Inspiration 11/05
Conquest 11/04
Fantasy 1/03
Pride 11/02
Paradise 7/99
Fantasy 6/94

Old August 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Poptart, we are so sorry to hear Cheri is not doing too well. We are praying.

------------------------------------------

The rain bands have started last night, but so far nothing but windy and a little rain.

I'll check in later.....

Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Freedom 2013
Carnival Sensation 2012
Carnival Legend 2010
NCL Pearl 2009
NCL Majesty 2008
Carnival Glory 2006
Carnival Fantasy 2005

Old August 27th, 2012, 09:32 AM
5,000+ Club

Hello all!

Rose, sorry I am behind on here. I post daily updates on FB, that keeps most everyone knowing what is going on.

I bet your kids could set you up a Facebook, you would enjoy it. At least I do! It is super easy to use and doesn't require much typing on your part. You can read what you want and skip the rest.

All,

We got Cheri home Saturday on day 19. Allen is so afraid he can't take good enough care of her. Her doctor agreed with us that she wasn't going to improve in the hospital and home would be the best medicine. He held her hand and prayed for her before he left her room. He told her God was the healer and he was just his helper.

He said as long as she can keep clear liquids down she will be okay. To advance her diet slowly and go back to liquids if she throws up.

You should have seen what all we carried out of that room after 19 days! You take stuff just a little at a time....wow! Charles and I were the ones that took her home and we had a car load!

She has about 7 NEW meds to add to the bunch she already takes. but they are to keep her digestive system working..somewhat.

Rachel and Allen got home from work about the time we got there. Rachel made a huge pot of her awesome homemade potato with chicken soup. Cheri was able to eat the broth and kept it down.

For some reason orange sherbert is soothing to her and she can eat it when nothing else sounds good.

Ashley and Brent came and we all got to eat together. We were all sitting around falling asleep! We are exhausted!

I went home and slept about 10 hours then yesterday Charles and I went to Dalton to get him a pedicure (he won't go anywhere near home, silly man is afraid someone might see him ) had lunch at the Outback, came home and slept all afternoon.

Her dogs went nuts when we got there with her Gracie (deaf chihuahua) just stayed right on her licking her hand and not moving she seldom barks and sounds funny when she does. Miley the yorkie, Miss hyper active was running jumping barking wagging and trying to talk to her. She go so excited it sounded like she was having an asthma attack!! Makes her sound like a pig snorting. They were so happy their momma was home. Rachel was thrilled too because she had been letting them sleep with her while Cheri was gone.
Allen said one morning he opened Rachel's door to tell her time to get up and the dogs attacked him. LOL

I don't know if Cheri will ever consent to go back to the hospital. Her iron is really low and her blood doctor plans to give her an iron transfusion in September....we hope before beach trip...she has to go to the chemo lab and stay all day for that. A nurse sits right beside her while it is being done.

IV....Deb she was afraid if they put in a picc line they would never let her leave, they wound up doing something very new called a "wand" similar to but not as invasive as the picc. She said it was awesome and if she had to have another IV that is what she would choose. It can stay in for 29 days.

So we've dodged the bullet one more time. Of course we know she will never be well, but she is still with us.

As a mother I can't tell you how hard this is. It's a road I don't want to walk. But I have to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and try to remain as positive as I can.

hugs and love to all

Past Cruises:
Carnival--
Legend 11/13
Dream 10/10
Fantasy 11/09
Legend 11/08
Celebration 9/07
Holiday 3/07
Glory 11/06
Inspiration 11/05
Conquest 11/04
Fantasy 1/03
Pride 11/02
Paradise 7/99
Fantasy 6/94

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ruth - Let us know what the neuro dr says on Thurs. Hope things are getting better.

Rose - Glad to hear that Bob's procedure went well. How did the ultrasound go?

Poptart - Great news that Cheri got to go home!!!! I know she must be feeling better at home with her doggies.

Well, I have been working too much on my essay. I took it to the Dr last Tues and gave it to him between patients. When he saw me he said - Look at you skinny. As I was leaving he said loudly to someone in the back - 42 pounds she's lost. He called about an hour later and said it was ok. I was going to submit it today, but had a question with something I said about him, so I need to ask him tomorrow at my appointment. I have a longer appt so I should have time. I also went to a trophy/award shop and had a nice acrylic star engraved - kind of like a thank you card in 3D. I'm giving him that tomorrow too.

Haven't packed and really not sure what I'm taking. Lufthansa has different rules. The carry on has to be only 18 lbs. The personal item (laptop case/purse) can only be 16x12x4. So we went and bought backpacks for our carry-on, but don't think that is going to work. Kind of small for cpap/hose/mask/bpmach/meds/liquid bag and other small things. I don't think there is room for my meds.

Well gotta go and eat.

Viking 2012
(B2B)

RCCL Vision
NCL Star - Hawaii - 2003
(Millenium Cruise)

Old August 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
5,000+ Club

hello all,

Rose, did Bob's procedure work?

Ruth, how are are you eyes?

Glad the hurricane bypassed you. Just heard that a dam in Mississippi gave way.

Gloomy but no rain here.

Deb,
your EP doc is a hunk!! That was a nice plaque you gave him. I sure hope you win the contest.

Cheri, is doing well with liquids, but food is another matter. She throws up over 50% of what she eats.

Got my hair cut yesterday, mani/pedi today.
6 month checkup with doc tomorrow.
Down to 2 days a week with chiro AND I can bend over and touch my toes now!!! Feeling good but I plan to finish the adustments that have been scheduled. Then I will go once or twice a month just because it makes me feel good. Do any of ya'll go to a chiropractor? I love it becasue I am allgeric to so many meds that just make me sicker than I was to start with. Plus you can't take pain pills and muscle relaxers and work.

hugs to all, we're just hanging in there for now! Beach in 2 weeks!

Past Cruises:
Carnival--
Legend 11/13
Dream 10/10
Fantasy 11/09
Legend 11/08
Celebration 9/07
Holiday 3/07
Glory 11/06
Inspiration 11/05
Conquest 11/04
Fantasy 1/03
Pride 11/02
Paradise 7/99
Fantasy 6/94

Old August 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Poptart - I'm sorry Cheri isn't holding her food down very well. Sounds like you have had some well deserved pampering. Yes my EP is a hunk. He gave me a hug as I sat up on the examination table. When I had my arm around him, I don't think I touched him. I just kind of held it up in the air He is really nice.

I sent you all an email with the pic of me and my EP and one of the "3D thank you card" I gave him.

Viking 2012
(B2B)

RCCL Vision
NCL Star - Hawaii - 2003
(Millenium Cruise)

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Time to check in.... Sorry, but I have been very busy. Bob and I have been figuring out all of my disability paperwork!! Plus, Bob has been on the phone with my AIG person. I also have to get my 401K out of it's safe harbor at my old job and put into an IRA, thats another bunch of paperwork that needs to be filled out!

Bob's ultrasound was fine! I guess I was wrong about what his precedure was..... not a stint, but a catheter is being through his veins on both legs. Sorry!

I gotta love my kittys. Today I needed to but the Advantage for fleas on their necks! OK, both cats got that done and now I need to but on their flea collars! Well, Bandit is a sweetheart and easy to do, but we will have to use armor to put Dezi's collar on! LOL He won't come near to me and is very peeved off! It will probably take an all day event tomorrow!!!

Bob just called and is having a bad day at work this evening. He is the only mechanic and of course, everything broke down! Thus, we will be going to have several drinks at 11pm tonight!! I won't be doing to well tomorrow!

It still takes several hours to get my thoughts together on paper before I post, then copy it, letter by letter on the keyboard.

I got $20 off on my cruise because of the recent sale, plus I upgraded to the Empress deck from my Main deck cabin! I was happy about that! I am hoping there will be a Labor Day sale, too.

.................................................. ........

Poptart, I am sorry that Cheri can't take solid food. I was hoping that new meds will help with her digestion.

I need to get a haircut, too. I just did my pedicure 3 weeks ago but I stubbed my toe and now I have to do it again! Plus, my toe hurt!

Deb, I think you did a nice thing for your Doctor! I bet not many patients would even think of that!

Ruth, any news on your test results!

well, Love to all and have a great weekend!

Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Freedom 2013
Carnival Sensation 2012
Carnival Legend 2010
NCL Pearl 2009
NCL Majesty 2008
Carnival Glory 2006
Carnival Fantasy 2005

Last edited by peach2320; August 31st, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

We are in Breisach, Germany now. Arrived in Basel, Switzerland this morning at 5am. The water is too high for the ship so it stayed at Breisach (about an hour drive). We got on around 7:30am and had breakfast with the prior cruisers. My WW is shot with the plane food alone.

Mae left Va at 3pm on the 1st. It is 4:45 am on my body time and local 10:45am. It is like 2 days in one. We didn't sleep on the plane either. Can't get to the room until 3pm.

This cruise was offered by the Germanna group. There is only one other couple going on the cruise with us. They should be arriving by noon.

Viking 2012
(B2B)

RCCL Vision
NCL Star - Hawaii - 2003
(Millenium Cruise)

Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aloha

I sent all an email as to what was found out but just in case.
My CT scan said nothing he said.
Did nerve conduction and seeing him again next week.
Saw my rhumy dr. on Friday and told her everything and she knew right away what I have. With what I told her and when she looked at my face and saw the artery sticking out she said" its a big neon light" and put a name to it. She had me look it up and I have every symptom but fever.
I was started right away on 60mg prednisone. I have to go back to her Tues. Then again Wed. for carotid U/S. Has 9 vials blood drawn also. May have to have biopsy of atery in my head to confirm as that would be only way. Not happy abt. that. Will be on medication forever-her main concern is I can go blind in my only eye and she said it happens fast. Does not come back. Blind forever.
She said nothing I did by not eating meat-all auto immune luck of the draw.
All the skin color changes etc. same thing but she said we will go there after we get this fixed as it is most impt. I could also have TIA or stroke out etc. Oh fun.
I have to see a infectious disease dr. to be put on an antibiotic for the rest of my life. They are the drs. that monitor that as they go from one to another so u dont become immune to them all.
She said by trying to stop the RA and the chemo I am on it depresses the immune system and all this stuff comes out.
This is why I have another UTI -the 7th one since my hysterectomy. I dont even feel them thank God. Urine tests show them.
So we shall see what is in store next.

Poptart- guess u can guess I wont be going to the beach to try to meet up with you. I am afraid to try to drive that far right now. I am concerned abt. Dec. cruise now.
How is Cheri now??? Will she make it to the beach??

Peach- paperwok heaven gotta love it. Glad your Bob is doing well. cant have 2 down at same time. And we doged another bullet with that last storm. But dang how much more can the gulf states take??

Deb- glad you are on another trip. Your dr. is indeed hot-heck I would go to him too! You are doing a great job in your weight loss. U should be proud!

Well thats abt. all for now. Happy Labor Day. Not doing anything as usual. Today it is 6 months since I lost Bob. I have been crying all night and most of today.
I just wish I had someone to be here as I go thru this. Sucks being alone. All my friends the few I have work and have family. Cant bother them and they all call less and less. Thats ok. I tell them I am fine anyhow. They dont need my troubles.

Bye all-aloha
HAL-Westerdam '99
Regal-Regal Empress '00
HAL-Zandam '00
HAL-Noordam '01
HAL-Westerdam '02
Costa-Victoria '03
RCCL-Sov.of the Seas '03
Celebrity-Horizon '03
Celebrity-Horizon '04
Carnival-Miracle '05
Carnival-Glory '06
Carnival-Inspiration '07
Costa-Magica x2 '07
Carnival-Inspiration '07
Costa-Fortuna '08
Carnival-Legend '09
Carnival-Glory '09
2010-
2011-
Carnival- Paradise '12
HAL- Ryndam '13

Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Deb,
glad ya'll are having fun! You are so very very blessed to be able to enjoy your retirment years traveling and making new friends.

Rose,
dang! paperwork paperwork! Wish I was there I would help you. 50% of my job is pushing paper! I'm an expert!

Glad Bob's legs are doing good. I

know writing is hard for you but I really love to hear from you.

Those cats are rascals!!

Yippppeeeee for an upgrade and $20. Empress deck is nice on the ship you're going on....it's the deck where the lobby is.

Ruth,
my heart breaks for you! Praying all works out and they get you straightened out. Auto immune disease is worse than cancer, so hard to figure out and treat and NO CURE...just treat symptons as they arise. SUCKS! Because of Cheri I totally understand what you are going thru. Every doctor you go to will tell you something different. So glad you found one quickly who can take care of your eyesight!

All,
Cheri is struggling right now to keep down liquids. She has been throwing up everything for 24 hours. Thankfully she kept a little toast and some diet coke down this morning. She swears she'll never go back to the hospital again.

Last night Charles, me, Ashley, Brent, Rachel and Brent's parents Barb and Frankie went to the Comedy Catch (a comedy club in Chattanooga) to celebrat Charles' birthday. The comedian was Dale Jones and I'm telling you we laughed until we cried. I spewed diet coke and rum out my nose at one point! We all needed that soooooooooo bad.
Barb and Frankie are so faithful to visit with Cheri. We have all become very close to them. Ashley hit the jackpot with in-laws. So did Brent!!

hugs to all.

Past Cruises:
Carnival--
Legend 11/13
Dream 10/10
Fantasy 11/09
Legend 11/08
Celebration 9/07
Holiday 3/07
Glory 11/06
Inspiration 11/05
Conquest 11/04
Fantasy 1/03
Pride 11/02
Paradise 7/99
Fantasy 6/94

Last edited by poptart; September 3rd, 2012 at 01:27 PM.