Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Theme Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Theme Cruises Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."

Old October 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

great question... I would suspect with so many folks being on excursions most of the day and not to disrupt main dinner seating times, I would guess around 4 pm which is the time FourPlay performed last year (with cd signing and pics at 3 pm) but the daily FunTimes would reflect the exact time.
Each day is a packed schedule of performance options

Old October 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Um, since we're leaving St Lucia at 5, and that's his only scheduled performance, he may be on earlier so he can depart. Well, I guess I'll never see Will.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Victory - 9/11/2011
Serenade of the Seas - 9/4/2011

It's not the places you go; it's the people you meet.

Old October 6th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Out of curiosity, what happens to the staterooms of the artist when they are dropped off at an island? I know some don't stay for the full cruise.

PAST CRUISES
Carnival Glory - 10/22/2011
Carnival Destiny - 7/16/2011
Carnival Fascination - 6/26/2010

Old October 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

It could go to another performer who gets on in St Lucia. If he's only on board for a few hours, he may not have a cabin.

It's not easy being a musician on land or sea.

Past Cruises:

Old October 7th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Ms411 is correct...a certain number of cabins are put aside for artists and at each port these cabins are exchanged among them. The vast majority of the artists usually stay with us all week
Saturday morning at our port of departure in Ft. Lauderdale, it's always fun to watch the artists pre board and figure out which artists aren't there and then during the week at each port observe which ones board or get off the ship. You can also go to each artists website and check their tour schedule for clues also.

In looking at the daily performance schedule it shows some additional artists and comedians not previously announced. Also you might notice onboard artists who are cruising as regular paying guests with their families enjoying the cruise. The late night piano bar will often yield unannounced surprise guests sitting in for a few numbers during the set. Make sure you read the daily Fun Times that we receive in our cabin the night before to look for last minute additional performances or activities.
If a specific artist is only with us for one day, one performance, usually before their performance, time is put aside to take pics with them and have them sign cd's

New this year is the addition of the late night soul session with Eric Roberson to go along with the late night jam session with Gerald Veasley which means guests can move between the two sessions and have double the fun and see more artists.

Old October 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNICK$$ View Post
DAY 5 – Wednesday

Port of Call: St. Lucia - 8:00am-5:30pm

I'm a little confused..what time is this concert while we in port?

Special afternoon poolside concert featuring Will Downing
@MSNICK$$, Where did you see the entry for special afternoon poolside concert with Will? It was probably on the email from CJ with the booking number right (which I didn't get yet)? I've been getting all the newsletters, go figure that I wouldn't get the booking number information.

Soukous SAILED on Carnival Liberty 10-23-2010
Capital Jazz Super Cruise... Great Smooth Jazz and Cool Soul

Old October 7th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default No Booking Number Yet

OK... I still don't have my booking number and haven't heard anything from CJ; I'll give them to Noon on Monday before I give the answering machine a call.

Old October 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

my cabinmate (we are travelling from different cities) did not receive her FunPass email either (nor has she been receiving the newsletters, I had just been forwarding mine), but since we are in the same cabin and I paid for it, we have the same booking # and she was able to register when I forwarded my email.
Check with your cabinmate to see if they received their FunPass email very late Friday night, (if it's not your spouse) if they have ,then your name should show up under their booking number.
I would send CJ an email today (billing@capitaljazz.com) and a follow up call first thing in the morning (est ). Who has been receiving the billing invoice? (that may be the key).

Old October 7th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hattack

My cabin mate doesn't have her info either. I made the arrangements for us both but at first only she received the invoices; I called, then they started sending them to both of us.

I'll send the email tonight. Thanks

Old October 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

@akwaaba.. I sent CJP an email Friday and got a quick response but did not receive the booking information email. I did send another email request to CJP and will probably get something tomorrow. However, I called Carnival yesterday and was given my booking number and I was able to complete the online registration and print the necessary documents.

Soukous SAILED on Carnival Liberty 10-23-2010
Capital Jazz Super Cruise... Great Smooth Jazz and Cool Soul

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

great suggestion

Old October 8th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Soukous...when you received your booking number from Carnival.were you able too register for the artist led excursions and the CP transportation shuttle and print out the daily performance schedule? If not then you would still need the CP email

Old October 8th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Sounds like CJ is worse than I thought. All of us got emails with booking numbers thank goodness.

Past Cruises:

Old October 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Good Morning Capital Jazz Cruisers,
Glad to hear that most everyone has received their information. We actually went through a TA and I am now anxiously awaiting her call that she is coming over with our packages. Yeah!!
It is excting hearing about the Will Downing concert. I guess our foray into the hot springs will be cut a bit short if he is performing early in the day. I have never seen him perform before and he is definately on my "must see" list.
Do you have any other snip-its of information to tease me with before I get mine!!! PLEASE!!!!! :-)

Old October 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default No Booking Number Part 2

Morning,

Here's my updated info on the quest to get a booking number.

(1) I emailed CJ yesterday and received the standard robo reply; waiting to hear from a live person
(2) Called CJ but voice mail was full so I couldn't leave a message, I'll try again in a few minutes
(3) Called Carnival and they don't have me or my cabin mate on their manifest let along a booking number

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hello akwaaba,
I certainly hope that all is O.k. with your booking. Can I ask when did you originally book the cruise?
I am not going to panic yet since my TA did send us a cabin number quite a while ago.

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just chatted with my TA and she has confirmed what I had suspected. They are having staffing issues. There was a representative at CJC that she had been dealing with regularly when it came to our arrangements and it appears that individual is no longer with them.
They had given her some feedback regarding our bookings a couple of weeks ago and she has, like you, not received anything as yet. She will be contacting them today. If there is any information that I can share to help those who have not received their confirmation information as yet. I will do so.

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

I was wait listed, my deposit was paid around Jun 26, final invoice w/ -0- balance was dated Aug 23.

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Akwaaba...so sorry about your situation,,,usually most of the challenges are worked out prior to turning over the manifest to Carnival but if several guests are having the same issue you are (as evident by a full voicemail box). there must be a glitch in the system compounded by as Hertimage1 has indicated staffing issues on the CJ side, I'm sure they are working on fixing the problem today and then sending out emails to the impacted parties
As long as you have your invoice receipt (paid in full)nd a specific cabin # assignment you should be ok. Hopefully the issue will be fixed by the end of today and you can focus on having full
Hertimage1...looking at the daily schedule it looks like we are in for a great time

Old October 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well I got through to an actual person! She said the emails weren't sent until last night (I didn't mention some got theirs Friday). I had to push her before she checked for my name by telling her Carnival didn't have me on the manifest. She said both me and my cabin mate were in the CJ records and assigned to the correct cabin.

For some reason I still don't have the warm and fuzzies but I do feel better. I think she's sending Carnival my name/info as I type this.

I don't have to work today so I was hoping to use this time registering and deciding on activities; oh well.