Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7921  
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Hi All, I was just thinking of Roz. Of course wishing I was on a cruise right now. It's finally getting cold here and makes me think of our cruise in December. Brrrrrrrrrr
__________________

Ad Sponsored By
  #7922  
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
DisneyKidsDad's Avatar
DisneyKidsDad DisneyKidsDad is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeley View Post
Hi All, I was just thinking of Roz. Of course wishing I was on a cruise right now. It's finally getting cold here and makes me think of our cruise in December. Brrrrrrrrrr
I know what you mean about the cold Cindy. I got to work this morning and turned all the thermostats from A/C to heat. It was 62 in the office. And they are predicting a very snowy winter for the east coast.
__________________

DVC Member - Saratoga Springs
Reply With Quote

  #7923  
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidsDad View Post
I know what you mean about the cold Cindy. I got to work this morning and turned all the thermostats from A/C to heat. It was 62 in the office. And they are predicting a very snowy winter for the east coast.
Didn't want to hear snowy!
__________________

  #7924  
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
S.S. Cruisers's Avatar
S.S. Cruisers S.S. Cruisers is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arizona/California
Posts: 3,119
Default

And we are still in the mid 90's to high 90's.It cooled off, then the next week got hot again. I wish it wouldn't have teased us and just stayed hot until it got it out of it's system. The mornings are lovely, though.
__________________
Nancy
Reply With Quote

  #7925  
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Cruisers View Post
And we are still in the mid 90's to high 90's.It cooled off, then the next week got hot again. I wish it wouldn't have teased us and just stayed hot until it got it out of it's system. The mornings are lovely, though.
OMG Nancy I don't know how you can stand the heat!! I'm not a summer person, I would rather have it cold!
__________________

  #7926  
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM
DisneyKidsDad's Avatar
DisneyKidsDad DisneyKidsDad is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeley View Post
OMG Nancy I don't know how you can stand the heat!! I'm not a summer person, I would rather have it cold!
Send that heat my way!!
__________________

DVC Member - Saratoga Springs
Reply With Quote

  #7927  
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:33 AM
S.S. Cruisers's Avatar
S.S. Cruisers S.S. Cruisers is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arizona/California
Posts: 3,119
Default

DKD: Will send you some sunshine, fast. It says high of 79 & low 53, Friday, then on Monday, back up to 93 and 62. This is what I am talking about, the roller coaster. If you are going to cool off, then cool off. Quit cooling off then slamming us a few days later with warm weather. I am not complaining. I will take 93 degrees any day of the week, compared to 115 + any day!
__________________
Nancy
Reply With Quote

  #7928  
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
DisneyKidsDad's Avatar
DisneyKidsDad DisneyKidsDad is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default

So do we think Roz is having an umbrella drink or thinking about us? (and laughing)
__________________

DVC Member - Saratoga Springs
Reply With Quote

  #7929  
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidsDad View Post
So do we think Roz is having an umbrella drink or thinking about us? (and laughing)

I think both!!
__________________

  #7930  
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:17 PM
trudle's Avatar
trudle trudle is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Barefoot Bay, Fl
Posts: 1,339
Default

Cindy-------- is that Wex in your Avatar? I don't want to be looking for a black dog and he is brown. Counting down the days.
__________________
Carnival- Celebration 1987--1st cruise
Carnival -Sensation 1999
Carnival -Sensation 2003
Carnival -Miracle 2004
Carnival -Liberty 11/12/2005
Carnival -Fantasy 4/29/2006
Carnival -Sensation 11/26/2006
Carnival -Freedom Thanksgiving 2008
Carnival -Dream 12/03/09 first time out of
PC
CARNIVAL DREAM 1/08/11
Carnival Dream 2/22/2014
Carnival Freedon 2/25/2012
Carnival Ecstasy 4/28/12
Carnival Freedon 10/05/2013
Oceanic ( Big Red Boat )


Canaveral 1995



RCL Sovereign of the Seas
RCL Mariner of the Seas 11/11/07
RCL Monarch of the Seas 9/07/09
RCL Jewel of the Seas 5/11/13
RCL Enchantment of the Sea 4/28/2914

NCL Pride of Aloha 4/08/07

Celebrity Equinox 4/22/11

Holland American Westerdam 12/2-16/2012
Reply With Quote

  #7931  
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:48 AM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudle View Post
Cindy-------- is that Wex in your Avatar? I don't want to be looking for a black dog and he is brown. Counting down the days.
It is Trudy. And he is black. I don't think it will be to hard to find us! Here's his website http://wexler2009.shutterfly.com/ Check it out. We are getting excited too!

Yesterday we noticed that the cyst on his ear is now gone Kind of strange but good for him and us, no surgery (I hope). We have no idea where it went.
__________________

  #7932  
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
trudle's Avatar
trudle trudle is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Barefoot Bay, Fl
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeley View Post
It is Trudy. And he is black. I don't think it will be to hard to find us! Here's his website http://wexler2009.shutterfly.com/ Check it out. We are getting excited too!

Yesterday we noticed that the cyst on his ear is now gone Kind of strange but good for him and us, no surgery (I hope). We have no idea where it went.
Loved the pictures of Wexler and you and John. It is so wonderful to be able to have these service dogs.

Maybe the cyst was a blood blister----I remember my dog had a big blood blister, on her ear----I guess a vein in her ear broke but it also went away before it was lanced.
__________________
Carnival- Celebration 1987--1st cruise
Carnival -Sensation 1999
Carnival -Sensation 2003
Carnival -Miracle 2004
Carnival -Liberty 11/12/2005
Carnival -Fantasy 4/29/2006
Carnival -Sensation 11/26/2006
Carnival -Freedom Thanksgiving 2008
Carnival -Dream 12/03/09 first time out of
PC
CARNIVAL DREAM 1/08/11
Carnival Dream 2/22/2014
Carnival Freedon 2/25/2012
Carnival Ecstasy 4/28/12
Carnival Freedon 10/05/2013
Oceanic ( Big Red Boat )


Canaveral 1995



RCL Sovereign of the Seas
RCL Mariner of the Seas 11/11/07
RCL Monarch of the Seas 9/07/09
RCL Jewel of the Seas 5/11/13
RCL Enchantment of the Sea 4/28/2914

NCL Pride of Aloha 4/08/07

Celebrity Equinox 4/22/11

Holland American Westerdam 12/2-16/2012
Reply With Quote

  #7933  
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Beth C's Avatar
Beth C Beth C is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 2,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeley View Post
It is Trudy. And he is black. I don't think it will be to hard to find us! Here's his website http://wexler2009.shutterfly.com/ Check it out. We are getting excited too!

Yesterday we noticed that the cyst on his ear is now gone Kind of strange but good for him and us, no surgery (I hope). We have no idea where it went.
Hershey had her ear swell up a couple times and after I googled it and called the vet to confirm & he said it was most likely a hematoma from shaking her head and hitting her ear on a doorframe/ chair leg or something similar. Due to her age the vet recommended letting it be and see if it re-absorbed which it did over time. Her ear was HUGE the first time and stuck straight out but the second time it was much smaller... Google dog ear hematoma and see if that's what he had... The surgery pics / description were way more than I would put her through at any age let alone at age 11-12!... Would have had to have the "cone of shame" on for a long time after it too! The ear returned to about 95% normal- was a little bit misshapen but nothing anyone would notice unless she was a show dog! Luckily the 2nd time it was the opposite one so they matched again lol




Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk
__________________
Upcoming:



Already Sailed:

April 27, 2014 NCL Dawn Southern Caribbean Repo
May 11, 2013 Rhapsody of the Seas Hawaii to Vancouver Repo
Apr 14, 2012 Oasis of the Seas
Jan 30, 2012 Liberty of the Seas (B2B part II)
Jan 26, 2012 Liberty of the Seas (B2B part I)
Dec 5, 2010 Allure of the Seas Inaugural
Apr 19, 2010 Grandeur of the Seas
Dec 5, 2009 Oasis of the Seas Inaugural
Reply With Quote

  #7934  
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM
dobiemom's Avatar
dobiemom dobiemom is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 4,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-of-roz View Post
Marcia, wait a minute......YOU'RE NOT going to be out to sea when I am? What's going on here? We ALWAYS cruise at the same time.

I look forward to the day that we can!

Thank you for your good wishes, I miss you!
Sometimes I need to take a vacation with DH. We went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Here are some pics I posted on another thread: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/s...postcount=3611

Hope you had a great trip... can't wait to hear all about it!
__________________
^_^
born2tvl at yahoo dot com (please put "Cruise Critic" in subject line)
CRUISERS from California - Click here

Next up: Two booked, waiting on one more to open



GREAT MEMORIES: Zuiderdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2013 ~ Zuiderdam Repo (4 days) May 2013 ~ Zaandam Mexican Riviera (w/ Loreto) (8 days) Apr 2013 ~ Oosterdam Circle Hawaii (14 days) Mar 2012 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Dec 2011 ~ Oosterdam Sea of Cortez (10 days) Apr 2011 (Mother/Daughter Cruise!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2010 (First DVS & Neptune Lounge!) ~ Carnival Spirit Alaska (7 days) June 2010 (aft-wrap!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2009 ~ NCL Star CTN Nov 2009 ~ Carnival Elation Baja Mexico (5 days) Jan 2009 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Apr 2008 ~ Golden Princess Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2007 ~ Monarch of the Seas Baja Mexico (3 days) Jun 2005 ~ Ryndam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2003 ~ Viking Serenade Baja Mexico (4 days) Apr 2001 (Dad's 85th B-Day!) ~ Maasdam Panama Canal (full transit) (10 days) Apr 2000 ~ Rotterdam Alaska (7 days) Aug 1997 (I'm hooked!)

Last edited by dobiemom; October 12th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #7935  
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth C View Post
Hershey had her ear swell up a couple times and after I googled it and called the vet to confirm & he said it was most likely a hematoma from shaking her head and hitting her ear on a doorframe/ chair leg or something similar. Due to her age the vet recommended letting it be and see if it re-absorbed which it did over time. Her ear was HUGE the first time and stuck straight out but the second time it was much smaller... Google dog ear hematoma and see if that's what he had... The surgery pics / description were way more than I would put her through at any age let alone at age 11-12!... Would have had to have the "cone of shame" on for a long time after it too! The ear returned to about 95% normal- was a little bit misshapen but nothing anyone would notice unless she was a show dog! Luckily the 2nd time it was the opposite one so they matched again lol




Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk
OH NO Not the cone of shame!!!!
I looked it up and it's not a hematoma, looks more like a black cyst, well it did before it came off. We are not sure where it went. Gonna call the vet and see if we should bring him in. There's just a little bump now and I think that is going to scab over and disappear. Saves us probably 300 or 400 bucks!
__________________

  #7936  
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiemom View Post
Sometimes I need to take a vacation with DH. We went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Here are some pics I posted on another thread: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/s...postcount=3611

Hope you had a great trip... can't wait to hear all about it!
Wow Great pics!!! I love seeing all those balloons.
__________________

  #7937  
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
rangeley's Avatar
rangeley rangeley is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudle View Post
Loved the pictures of Wexler and you and John. It is so wonderful to be able to have these service dogs.

Maybe the cyst was a blood blister----I remember my dog had a big blood blister, on her ear----I guess a vein in her ear broke but it also went away before it was lanced.
Less than 8 weeks now Trudy. Well even less for you!!!
__________________

  #7938  
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
trudle's Avatar
trudle trudle is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Barefoot Bay, Fl
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiemom View Post
Sometimes I need to take a vacation with DH. We went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Here are some pics I posted on another thread: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/s...postcount=3611

Hope you had a great trip... can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. My niece lives out there and she also posted some pictures, you had a few different then she had. I hope to get out there some day to see it. Did you have a camper or stay at a hotel? Looks like a lot of fun----I think it goes on all week.
__________________
Carnival- Celebration 1987--1st cruise
Carnival -Sensation 1999
Carnival -Sensation 2003
Carnival -Miracle 2004
Carnival -Liberty 11/12/2005
Carnival -Fantasy 4/29/2006
Carnival -Sensation 11/26/2006
Carnival -Freedom Thanksgiving 2008
Carnival -Dream 12/03/09 first time out of
PC
CARNIVAL DREAM 1/08/11
Carnival Dream 2/22/2014
Carnival Freedon 2/25/2012
Carnival Ecstasy 4/28/12
Carnival Freedon 10/05/2013
Oceanic ( Big Red Boat )


Canaveral 1995



RCL Sovereign of the Seas
RCL Mariner of the Seas 11/11/07
RCL Monarch of the Seas 9/07/09
RCL Jewel of the Seas 5/11/13
RCL Enchantment of the Sea 4/28/2914

NCL Pride of Aloha 4/08/07

Celebrity Equinox 4/22/11

Holland American Westerdam 12/2-16/2012
Reply With Quote

  #7939  
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM
bamagal08 bamagal08 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
Default Cruising with my service dog..

Hi, Wizard of Oz,
So glad I found your post.. We just recently booked a cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy , and we are going to take my service dog. This will be our first cruise. I have to say we are both a little nervous about this.. We are just going to the Bahamas, so
we probably will stay on the boat. I understand it is a real hassle to get all the paper work and permits to go on shore.
We have been there many times but it would be nice. My question is can you please give me advice on the do,s and don,ts and HELP!!
Reply With Quote

  #7940  
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
bamagal08 bamagal08 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
Default Traveling with service dog

I am really enjoying reading about everyones cruises with thier service dogs. I not quite as scared as I was.. But I still have questions. If the dog uses the mulch or pellets, to pee, what do you have to do. Does it drain or soak up, how do we clean it?? I have the bags for the poop but how does it work for the pee..Sounds stupid I know but this is all new for us..Thanks for any help all..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.